The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Where do you want the festival to be IC (not OOC; it's River's Heart nonetheless)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
River's Heart! Northrend needs more RP!
12.50%
1 12.50%
Stranglethorn! It's safer and closer to home!
87.50%
7 87.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2015 Love Festival Brainstorming: Events!

[Image: RHM3jlX.png]

PLANNING

Greetings, lovely members of CotH! Our OOC location for this year's Love Festival will be in River's Heart, Sholazar Basin. Given the vicious nature of Northrend as well as some players being unwilling to toss their characters in such a dangerous place, an optional poll is provided above to have the IC location in either actual River's Heart or some nondescript jungle in Stranglethorn.

However, the poll is merely optional; regardless of the choice, Kapre will have a portal made available for everyone to hop through for accessibility.

With the location now set, we still have events to decide for! Here are some event ideas so far:

Quote:Location dependent:

-White-water rafting: A race with wherein the winning team will obtain the Big Love Rocket. Markers will be set aside as checkpoints while players roll to stay on their raft. Teams will be made up of either couples or singles.

-Waterfall diving contest: Trust-based event with TLE members serving a judges. Contestants will roll for how successful they made their dive for additional points, but ultimately, the winner is decided for who made the best dives with the most well-written emotes in addition to that roll.

-Vine-swinging obstacle course: Trees in the surrounding areas will have OOC objects such as crates and planks to aid the player in climbing the jungle canopy IC. Top 3 players who clear the course the fastest will win prizes of their choice from a select list.

Location independent (note: All these events are repeats from the past festivals. Refer to these old threads for their respective rules):

-Strip poker: The usual, if players wish this oldie but goodie to return. Will go by the same rules as we typically do. Players are not required to know how to play poker to participate (as the hands are determined by rolls rather than actual cards).

-Mud-wrestling: Same-sex opponents wrestle each other out of a ring while wearing just their swimsuits. Fanservice for all! Everyone wins a prize, though only actual winners will gain a random prize from a select list.

-Speed-dating: Singles of a certain orientation will be swapping tables for 10 minute dates of their target gender. Keep it in whispers to avoid having yourself and others swim in a sea of emotes.

-Eating contest: Singles and couples will compete separately. Very likely we'll have tropical foods to gorge on for this contest like pineapple-roast pork and assorted fruits. Roll to stay in the contest!

-Beauty Pageant/Costume Contest: Self-explanatory!

-Flexing/power-lifting contest: A treat for the ladies and funtimes for the gents! Probably also a trust-base contest with TLE members as judges. I don't have an equivalent for the women for men to watch (besides maybe the beauty pageant), but feel free to give me ideas, or have me know if you're okay with women participating the same way.

-Cutest Couple/Single Contest: Vote for who you think should be the Kings and Queens of this year's Love Festival!

-Blind Date Game: A player sits behind a screen, unable to see three contestants, and asks them questions to see who would interest this person the most in a date!

-Goblin Hot Potato: Players roll to toss a (game) bomb to another player!

-Crafting Contest: Best items crafted win a prize!

-Singing/Poetry Contest: Best song/lyrics presented. You must make it yourself!

-Dance Competition: Roll to not trip on your feet!

-Surfing Contest: Roll to stay on your board!

Regardless of what events are selected, we'll also have a play for all your horrible entertainment needs!

These are all the ideas so far, but voting will not begin until we get some more ideas to keep this festival fresh and fun! Event brainstorming and optional poll will begin today and end on the 21st of this month. Let's have the ideas flowing!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I'm a fan of all the events listed (especially the first two location-specific ones), but I do have my own that I'd like to contribute, if you don't mind.

Quote:              -Object crafting judgement abilities contest!*: Players, preferably those oriented towards crafting, present one of their proudest works. The winner/maker of the prettiest object is sponsored by TLE.

*The name is up for being changed.

Anyways, yea. It might be nice to have something that's focused on a rarer type of character, as well as offering the potential for character relationships (perhaps a warrior needs a new axe, and he liked the Blacksmith at the event) and potential apprenticeships.

EDIT: Also, y'all best vote Ydir as the King again. He is the one true king of Love.
(01-17-2015, 03:10 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: I'm a fan of all the events listed (especially the first two location-specific ones), but I do have my own that I'd like to contribute, if you don't mind.

Quote:              -Object crafting judgement abilities contest!*: Players, preferably those oriented towards crafting, present one of their proudest works. The winner/maker of the prettiest object is sponsored by TLE.

... Object... Crafting...

... I think this was made for one of my new characters.
Object crafting sounds like a good idea by far!

Just one new idea? Or did I come up with too good of new ones by myself? Let's hear others, folks, tomorrow will be the last day for brainstorming!

EDIT: Added a few more brainstormed ideas.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Check: TLE Festival ImagenAshyun 4 103,722 02-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  2015 Love Festival Planning: Location! ImagenAshyun 23 4,655 01-17-2015, 02:29 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  2014 Love Festival Event Poll! ImagenAshyun 2 1,144 02-10-2014, 12:16 PM
  Love Festival 2014 Brainstorming! ImagenAshyun 24 4,255 02-03-2014, 10:04 PM
  [TLE] Love Has Sunken ImagenAshyun 0 976 04-24-2013, 11:35 AM