05-22-2020 02:55 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 2284
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Kaghuros
05-01-2020 08:07 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 306
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 84746
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1874
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3336

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

3D Modeling Adventures
As some of you may have heard in the Skype chat, I'm trying to import Tera models into WoW. Why? I like the way the models look a lot more. Well, initially it was really bumpy. I throw myself into the deep end of model editing and learning as I go. This is my usual process. Getting in over my head and all.

Annoying part: I had to use Windows for this. My preference is in OS X since it runs better on my computer.

Anyways, I've moved on to editing the models until I'm content with them. This includes modifying the model and redoing the textures as needed. In order to make my imported Elin model to fit the Doran look as needed, I decided to first do some recolors to the textures then remove the fox ears. It took me so long to figure out how to get the transparency to work for the hair and learn to delete the polygons that made up the ears then patch the hole. But, seeing as how this is really my first time seriously editing a model, I think the progress looks good.

Spoiler:
[Image: niPj46v.png]

This is the result so far of my test. If I can figure out editing the models then getting a decent import to WoW for a patch, I'll share the fruits of my labors and maybe panhandle money and make custom models for characters in return.

Edit! I wanna thank @Dae for getting me in the right direction for tools to import custom models into WoW!
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @CappnRob): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
[-] The following 3 users Like SachikoMaeda's post:
  • Aphetoros, Morhana, Stealthscout
Maybe post a pic of the original? :3
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
PM
I'm curious to see how this will pan out, considering all the elements that change a model in wow---hairstyles, armor, ect.

Could be interesting. Also it'd be neat to see if there's a way to patch it to see if you can get others to see your models somehow---though that might require something server side which uh... well, you know. LIkely won't happen, heh.

But it's interesting none-the-less.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
[Image: yfo2q81.png]

This model edit is as complete as it's gonna get.

As for patching, there are client side patches like the WoD model patch. Only people with the patch in their client would be able to view the changes.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @CappnRob): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Immy's Adventures in CotH Land [Webcomic] ImagenAshyun 16 688 08-13-2012, 03:43 AM
Last Post: DaveM