The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Captain's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name's Matt, although people commonly call me The Captain, due to my love for pirates and tendency to have at least one Pirate character when roleplaying (although not all my characters are pirates - variety's a good thing). I'm a pretty snarky individual and rough around the edges, but ultimatel I'd like to think I'm a good guy.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from England - so no prizes for guessing what language I speak.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend introduced me to WoW back in 2008. From then on, me and Warcraft have had an on-off love affair. I don't care for the 'official' game in it's current state - I only want to roleplay.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was googling 'warcraft private RP server', during one of my itches for roleplay in Azeroth.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like action-packed roleplay, though with some breaks for talking and character development. Languishing in a tavern for eternity, like some kind of cosy purgatory, does nothing for me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I really don't have a favourite race, though Dwarves come pretty close, due to being so awesome and sadly underrated. As for a class...I'd say warrior, given it's such a broad concept. There's a lot of things that could fall under the category of a 'warrior'.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Just that I can enjoy myself on here, with people who are hopefully welcoming.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I just like that you don't allow boring Sue characters to clog up the server. I got bored of running into generic grimdark brooding loners in 'normal' WoW, so hopefully there's less of that here.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

How long had he been running through the accursed jungle? Had it been minutes, or had his state of wild paranoia and fear for his life dragged the passage of time out, so that every second felt like an hour?

Quincy James didn't know. Were those accursed voodoo spirits still chasing him? The forsaken pirate turned around, his eyes wild from the adrenaline coursing through his pale body. No, no sign of them. The undergrowth of the steaming jungle had grown silent once again, and...wait, had the sun rose already?

Quincy squinted as sunlight began to filter down through the leafy canopy, raising his cutlass to cover his brow. He'd been chased through Stranglethorn all night and he hadn't even realised the dawn had come. It didn't take long for the unfortunate pirate to put two-and-two together. "Sun must of...driven them away, yeah. But...for how long?" he mused to himself.

He had to make for Booty Bay as soon as possible - and not just because he'd run out of grog. Strange, nocturnal spirits had made zombies of his small crew and he'd been forced to kill them all, before they did the same to him.

With one glance at the sunlit ground before him and a quick peer around at the surrounding bushes, the undead man stalked off into the rainforest, just hoping that he'd be able to find civilisation once again.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope.
Hey there, TheCaptain, and welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Make sure to check our rules and policies if you haven't already, or again if you already have! If you need help with creating your first character, check out the Creating a Character section on our wiki and our articles and guides subforum. They're all super useful for getting a feel of our server's roleplay style and chock full of useful information.

Once you get in-game, make sure to /join chat (for general chat and talk) and /join barrens (for banter and fun). If you have any questions, send a message to one of our GMs or Forum Helpers.

A fellow Englishman! I like your Quincy character.

Again, welcome!
Zhaei
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]