The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: What should I focus on?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Argent Crusade
45.83%
11 45.83%
Demon Hunting
20.83%
5 20.83%
The Regiment
29.17%
7 29.17%
Other
4.17%
1 4.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A Conflict of Interests
*Brushes dust off of his desk*

Hello there everyone, s'been awhile since I last posted in here, but I've ultimately been reminded of a few projects that I've left here in the void of my mind and I've just never really managed to pick them back up.

So far I have three projects on my mind, and as many will come to know. I suck at multi-tasking. So I would like to ultimately weed out one single project to put 90% of my effort into and put the last 10% into the other two.

The first of these projects would be The Regiment.

A good few months ago a made a post polling interest in this dwarf-lead guild and it came to be that a good amount of people were interested in it. The Regiment was a force dedicated to defending the lands of Khaz Modan from any sort of invading force ranging from simple troggs or ice trolls to the vicious onslaught of the Horde.

More information on the Regiment can be found here.

Pros
- Dwarves
- Ironforge RP
- Bear Calvary

Cons
- Faction Restricted
- Non-event RP is dependent upon the members of the guild.

Next up is The Argent Crusade.

The Argent Crusade was originally a project picked up by Mr. bubbles pre-restart, but was hence dropped with the restart. I decided to try my hand at it, though with little results. As well, just as pre-restart, I've allowed the guild to go inactive.

The story behind The Argent Crusade guild is that it is a sect of the Argent's main force headed by a Sectional Commander.

Note: If I end up not putting my focus on the Argents, I very well may pass it along to another GM or individual I can trust to run the events and get the RP churning.

Pros
- Cross-Faction RP
- Interesting Pre-Cata events
- Possibility for Character-developing Promotions
- Don't need to be a part of the guild to join

Cons
- Non-event RP is difficult to host on Argent lands (Lacking inns, common areas, ect.)
- Some pre-cata events may be denied/restricted
- Most progression is limited to members of the guild

The third and most recent project would be going with my orc demon hunter Go'ren.

These events are good for quick, little spurts of RP and don't normally hold to any sort of consistent storyline. Even still, these events can bring players to interesting places not normally visited upon in RP, namely places in Draenor such as Nagrand or Shadowmoon Valley.

Pros
- Cross-Faction RP
- Don't need to be a member of a guild to join
- Interesting travel opportunities
- If chosen to be my focus, these events may take more of a Storyline.

Cons
- At the moment, no consistent storyline
- Post-event RP is minimal
- Possibly dangerous locations.

Or other!

If you think I should scrap all of these and focus on some new idea, say so!

Vote for other and simply post your suggestion of what I should shoot for.
I vote for The Regiment. I just created a dwarf Titan priest, and would love to use her. But, I would recommend perhaps expanding things a bit to outside of Khaz Modan.

Lots of ruins to research!
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I have a Dwarven Archaeologist in the making as well (Archaeologist here having the meaning of a studier of old things and an adventurer, not the profession, so don't make a fuss D:)

Would be fun.
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
...Anyone remember The Regiment's rallying cry against Fala'thorei and Anna in Duskwood?

Good times.
... I'd go with Demon Hunting, due to the fact that everyone and their mother has either already made one or is planning to, and said event seems to lean towards them.
(12-30-2011, 01:30 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: ... I'd go with Demon Hunting, due to the fact that everyone and their mother has either already made one or is planning to, and said event seems to lean towards them.

I was actually just about to suggest this.
+1 vote.
Remember to vote on the poll, people!
You know I always enjoyed Argent Crusade fun.

Even offered to help you with events!

*Upvotes that one*
Dwarf fun vs Argent Crusading ? Pffft! I DUNNO~

... Argent Crusading pre-Cata stuff might be retconned later. I'll go with dwarf fun.
The Regiment, for me. While there's some really neat opportunities with the Argents, and I even made you a character, I dunno how strong the interest is, and how well it can be maintained. Demon hunting can just be... Well, it's not exactly planned. Just let it stay spontaneous, if you ask me. Dwarves are... Well, Dwarves. +1 for the small.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
I voted for the Regiment, which will probably be no surprise to Krilari considering how much I've bugged the hell out of him about it in the past XD

I do like the Demon Hunter idea a lot though, mostly because I like the idea of taking them to Outland, where there can be some opportunities for major battles. The land in some parts are so scorched and barren that an epic duel there will have less problems and complications than say a battle right near Stormwind.

I haven't RPed with the Argent Crusade guild, though I'd like to at some point because I like the dynamic of a guild that by lore is more open to both factions, and the political and social ramifications of such a group. It's a different dynamic than the Demon Hunters or Ebon Blade since with those groups most people that are not one themselves will hate and fear them.
I'm a fan of the Argent Crusade, also theres the fact one of my characters important trait is being part of it.

So... Yeah. I will go with that.
[Image: tumblr_mhvoxjHaqC1rzearvo2_500.gif]
Casually humorous
Voted for the Crusade because I feel it could bring in more RP being UN-fraction restricted. It's nice to have one good-guy guild out there which runs events. Not to mention almost anyone can find an excuse to bring a character there, they wouldn't need to roll a new one or figure out which alt would like to hunt down demons with a reckless disregard for safety.

I also see it as having the largest chance for post-event RP that doesn't involve going and getting smashed at some Inn and may offer more chances at a devolpment that doesn't involve a horrible amount of danger.
...Could all three not be done? If one can find the proper aid.
... I'd guess not, even with help, if only due to the stress that Kril would have.