The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Grand Entrance
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hello, I am Blacklore. I'm just a fellow writer, roleplayer and warcraft enthusiast. My interests include, but are not limited to, music (anything pre-2000), gaming, electronics and movies. Recently I've gotten into comics too, so I'm becoming a total geek. As far as me as a player, I've been playing video games since birth and have been roleplaying for about five or six years in various games, including WoW.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am a Canadian citizen and my primary language is French.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I got started into Blizzard with Diablo. I was never particularly interested in Warcraft until Warcraft III and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. On one of my birthdays, I decided to blow my money on a game and landed on the battle chest. After that, I became addicted to Warcraft and once I found out about WoW, I signed up instantly. Played through the beta stages of the game and continue to play to this day.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Honestly, I've always wanted to RP on WoW, but it has been difficult for me to get into the RP guilds on WoW, simply because none of them really... Did anything. In my experience, I've found that they lacked in story and always had a few characters who were just OP and never wanted to admit they were wrong or lose. I honestly just googled free wow rp private server and picked this one, just because of the look and where it is (Cata).

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy all types of RP, minus romantic. I'm a very romantic type of guy, but when it comes to writing about it I have a hard time and tend to stay away from it. If I had to pick a favourite, I would say small group social/adventure RP. I like going out into the world for 'quests' as I find that psychological and physical trauma always lead to the best character development.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I love the Pandaren. Yes, you saw it. I typed it. I find their history is so deep and their stuggle with the Sha, the Mantid and the Mogu are just amazing. As for playable races, I would say the Blood Elves are my favourite. I just enjoy their 'fall from grace' and their history really speaks to me.

As for classes, I'm a big time fan of the warlock and the monk. I like the warlock because of their unique powers, which can fall under the category of demonic or shadow and I like the monk because of their ideologies as well as the fact that they can be legitimate brewmasters.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect the server to be filled with friendly and experienced RPers who are out to have a great time together and to forge epic stories as a group. I hope we'll be able to get along, atleast.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I like maturity. Being mature is a huge thing that can stop a lot of drama or other problems when it comes to people interacting with each other. I mean, I'm used to playing with people on WoW who freak out whenever someone sneezes in another language.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This story was taken from one of my old RP guilds on WoW. If you need proof that this is mine, you can create an easy account on the site and PM me, I'll be sure to check it. The original link.

Spoiler:
Chapter 1: The Song Remains the Same

A single candle lit the surface of the wooden table, darkening the library all around. Erinard Blacklore, Patrician of the Magisterial Annex sat on the chair, quickly jotting down notes in the large black tome opened in front of him. His knowledge of Stormwind's magical seals was growing and he believed that, finally, he would be able to break them on Ur's Treatise on Shadow Magic. Sighing, he rubbed his eyes. All that was left now, was to break into the Tower of Ilgalar. With a wave of his hand, letters begin to levitate from the table, each of them addressed to a singular member of the Traveler's Society. Slowly, they burn up, warping to their respective recipients. Smirking with a quiet sense of pride, he picks up the tome and returns it to its proper place in the nearest shelf.

"Curious..." Erinard muttered as he replaced the tome. "I did not place this here." His gaze shifting to the worn, red book to the left. Grasping the tome, Erinard pursed his lips. With another wave, the book opened in his hand and his eyes scanned the pages. Slowly meandering back to his seat, he mumbles quietly as he reads. Suddenly, he freezes, his eyes stuck on a single word. "Blood..." He slams the book shut, taking a better look at the title. Growling angrily he throws the book onto the floor and launches a quick bolt of fire towards it, burning it into a pile of ash, which is swiftly cleaned away by an enchanted broom. Erinard quickly grasped his staff as he blew out the candle and wandered towards the door of the dark library.

His face was contorted in a fearful, pained expression as he strode through the halls of the Magisterium. Stopping at a nearby window, he glanced outside at the purple wastelands of Netherstorm. Lightning crashed, causing Erinard to hop in surprise. Fury began to well up inside of him, guiding him outdoors. Lifting his hand and beginning his chant, he summoned himself his Observer, Bagrogg. The floating demon bowed to Erinard, before grinning devilishly.

"Master... I am honoured to serve such a glorious mortal, indee- Arghhh!" The observer growled and howled in pain, jolting in every direction. Erinard loosened his fist, releasing the demon from the pain.

"I don't appreciate sarcastic remarks, Bagrogg." The demon simply nodded in silence, before grinning from side to side. "Now, report." The demon began to slowly circle Erinard as he spoke.

"You were right to call me. I do have some information that you may find disturbing..." Erinard waves his hand.

"Tell me!" Growled the Gilnean as he tightened his fist again, causing the demon to howl in pain once again.

"Aru'jhi has returned!" The demon began to laugh uncontrollably. "And he is not pleased with you, Erinard. You had a contract. Even we do not break contracts as you did. He will find you and when he does-." Suddenly the demon froze as black-shadowy chains completely wrapped up the demon. Squeezing the demon tight, it moaned quietly before sinking into a conjured rift.

"I wouldn't want you to return from the Twisting Nether, so let us see how you find being sealed in the Shadow Realm, you filth!" Erinard motioned towards the black pit, with shadowy tendrils pulling the chained demon into it, until finally, the demon disappeared into it. The warlock pushed the large doors of the Magisterium and stepped inside. He climbed the stone steps to the top floor and began to quickly walk through the hall. Stopping at the end of the hall, he placed a hand against the center stone and muttered. The stone bricks began to form into each other, opening into a new hallway. He continued on his walk, quickly glancing behind him to see that the passage had closed.

"Morning, Patrician." This hallway was much brighter and he nodded in greeting as he was greeted by others. He glanced out a nearby window and saw the sun rising over the Azsharan trees. He frowned, realizing he had been up all night. Stepping into his office, he found a small box on his desk. Observing it, he sensed no magical properties about this box.

"Ah, greetings Patrician." Erinard spun to the voice and saw his page, a young man. "The postman brought the box this morning. Of course, it was scanned before being brought here. Nothing but a vial."

"Thank you, page. Leave me. I shall call you when necessary." The young man bowed and left the room. Erinard locked the room behind him and sighed, laying his staff on the wall and going to take a seat at his desk. Running his fingers through his hair, he sighed as he pulled the box over. Uncovering the lid, he reached in, lifting out a small, pinky sized vial. He growled angrily as he stared at the black-red liquid in the vial. He desperately grabbed the tag attached to the vial and read the single word on it.

"Aru'jhi."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Looking around, I see people playing character classes that do not exist in the game. I'm personally not interested in playing anything special, but I am curious as to what the freedoms are in that regard.
Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Blacklore!

Thanks for sharing that story with us! There's something energizing about your writing that makes it an enjoyable read. As for your question, the way that our extra character classes work is a very curious way - we don't allow multi-classing, but there's been shown to be some exceptions, namely Priestesses of the Moon in kaldorei culture. There's a handful of special classes our server allows; in fact, so many, that you'll have to ask in specifics! If you have a question about any specific class, feel free to toss a PM my way or to another staff member!

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!
(09-07-2013, 08:14 PM)Blacklore Wrote: Honestly, I've always wanted to RP on WoW, but it has been difficult for me to get into the RP guilds on WoW, simply because none of them really... Did anything. In my experience, I've found that they lacked in story and always had a few characters who were just OP and never wanted to admit they were wrong or lose.

Spoiler:
[Image: 1367960143062.png]
(09-09-2013, 11:56 AM)Nymus Wrote:
(09-07-2013, 08:14 PM)Blacklore Wrote: Honestly, I've always wanted to RP on WoW, but it has been difficult for me to get into the RP guilds on WoW, simply because none of them really... Did anything. In my experience, I've found that they lacked in story and always had a few characters who were just OP and never wanted to admit they were wrong or lose.

Spoiler:
[Image: 1367960143062.png]

LOL. Welcome to CotH!
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The entrance to Nevermore Ravenmore 1 757 06-29-2009, 04:03 AM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Entrance of Das Madjouren Madjouren 0 516 06-25-2009, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Madjouren