The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Human Shaman
c0rzilla Wrote:
Rigley Wrote:We will not be allowing any race/class combination changes that aren't allowed in lore, or by Blizzard. Even Cata class/race combos are not allowed right now- The Highborne Night Elf mages were mistakenly told to post their profiles, and if a Dwarf Mage has been approved then it was from misinformation. It's been the consensus on the GM team that Cata classes will be waiting until Cata.

As for the Night Elf paladin, I don't think so. It just hasn't been done, and it won't be allowed- Otherwise we would have to open up -every- race class combination on the premise of 'what if...'. It's that sort of stuff that paves the way for Orc paladins [shut up Grak] and Tauren warlocks.

Really? Athalbaug has been around for a long time, far as I remember. Even approved for prestige training as a ley-walker.

I personally don't know which character that is, but I'm assuming Dwarven Mage- It's been said clearly by the GMs, Kretol included, that Cataclysm race and class combos aren't going to be allowed yet. If one has already gotten through, then it was a mistake.

I would think it comparative to the Undead High Elves who were approved. Unclear communication lead to it, and since the player is not at fault we will not have them retcon for an error on our behalf. At the same time we won't be allowing any more of such, though.

I hope that made sense. I'm typing fast and such.

EDIT:
Wuvvums Wrote:Remember the whole incident of high-elf forsaken?

Goddommit Wuvvums.
I'd think human shaman would be quite possible, even though it's been shot down.

Reason to why I'd say yes is because,

Nobundo was left off, alone and eventually was answered by the spirits, and soon the entire draenei could become them. Well that's my two cents, not much reason behind it.
My Highborne Mage was approved by Kretol. If there's a problem with that, then I'll delete him and the profile.

But I agree with Jerodan. If the person has a good reason and can prove to GMs that it is a good reason, then there should be nothing holding them back. Naturally, though, there could be no Night Elf/Draenei Warlocks. There would have to be limits.
Danalthar Wrote:My Highborne Mage was approved by Kretol. If there's a problem with that, then I'll delete him and the profile.

But I agree with Jerodan. If the person has a good reason and can prove to GMs that it is a good reason, then there should be nothing holding them back. Naturally, though, there could be no Night Elf/Draenei Warlocks. There would have to be limits.

As I said, Kretol himself said that the Highborne bit was a mistake on his part. If you wish I could request him to post here, but I like to think my word is good for the playerbase.

And as for the other classes, there are limits, and the limits are what Blizzard outlines- I remind you that we said 'no cata classes until cata' and not 'no everyclassever until cata'. If we were going to allow any race class combination on the term 'it would make sense if...' then we wouldn't need to wait until Cata. Human hunters exist as units. There are Wildhammer Shaman, and we can play Wildhammers with a special profile. Gnomish priests have existed since vanilla WoW.

The three above are available in Cata, but not now. If a class combination is not available in Cata, we will not make it available.

Unless mighty Kretol makes a sect of Orcish paladins or something. I don't know.
I'd like to have Kretol post, just to be safe.
If you feel its necessary, then I've sent him a PM.
Alright. Thanks. I've just seen GMs be wrong, and I don't really want to waste him, just to have to remake him.
Danalthar Wrote:Alright. Thanks. I've just seen GMs be wrong, and I don't really want to waste him, just to have to remake him.

Danalthar Wrote:Alright. Thanks. I've just seen GMs be wrong

Danalthar Wrote:I've just seen GMs be wrong

Danalthar Wrote:GMs be wrong

IMPOSSIBLE.

P.S. Rigley's right for once.
MrBubbles Wrote:
Danalthar Wrote:Alright. Thanks. I've just seen GMs be wrong, and I don't really want to waste him, just to have to remake him.

Danalthar Wrote:Alright. Thanks. I've just seen GMs be wrong

Danalthar Wrote:I've just seen GMs be wrong

Danalthar Wrote:GMs be wrong

IMPOSSIBLE.

Rigley Wrote:a mistake on his part

Rigley Wrote:it was a mistake

Rigley Wrote:error on our behalf

Indeed, we have never made any mistakes.

Ever.
[Image: Big-Brother-watching.jpg]
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Also, Athalbaug was approved as a character way before Cata was really announced.

EDIT: Or, well, the release date and all. It was still unclear which classes would be in the next expansion and whatnot. I don't recall Cata being announced back then, at least.
If I recall correctly it was stated that dwarven mages are allowed because they were included in the beta for vanilla wow, however, they were removed simply because of game mechanics/fair race and class balance.

Aren't highborne available in Cata anyway?
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Aphetoros Wrote:Aren't highborne available in Cata anyway?

Yes, that was the point. We're not in Cata yet.

As for what Loxxy said, that was something before this whole thing developed with Cata classes and all; So by that track of thought and all Dwarven Mage should be held back until Cata as well.

Again with the whole 'it was done before, but not allowed now' bit. Because if we let people use Dwarven Mages now, then it wouldn't make sense to not allow the other classes, vanilla beta or not.
What has been mentioned is correct. When 'highbourne' was mentioned, I was simply thinking of Night Elves, not Night Elven mages. I don't really have much of a desire to have folks playing Cataclysm combos at the moment, for the most part. I apologize for the mistake!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shaman Different spirit forms. hyenaskate 4 1,094 03-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Bovel
  The shaman's Reincarnation spell (and other self-resurrecting methods). ImagenAshyun 19 4,147 10-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Name of Orcish Shaman! GeneralDefyre 2 736 12-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Last Post: GeneralDefyre
  Make a Shaman appearance Phoenixfire321 3 1,171 09-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Spiky
  Shaman Savagekin. FlyingSquirrel 2 841 08-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Nostra