The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Request for Clarification
When you're talking with someone, or talking in a chat channel, consider this: would you curse when you're around people for the first time? Most likely you wouldn't, as it would leave a bad impression on whoever you were talking to.

Just felt like on principle I had to comment on this (:P). If anyone got a bad impression about you simply because of your choice of flavor words, then said person evidently wouldent be worth knowing, surely?

Anywho, after saying I wouldent expand, I seem to have posted three more times xD Done now.
When you're talking with someone, or talking in a chat channel, consider this: would you curse when you're around people for the first time? Most likely you wouldn't, as it would leave a bad impression on whoever you were talking to.

Just felt like on principle I had to comment on this (:P). If anyone got a bad impression about you simply because of your choice of flavor words, then said person evidently wouldent be worth knowing, surely?

Anywho, after saying I wouldent expand, I seem to have posted three more times xD Done now.
Mm, I'm in agreement with Cressy here. I do say some things every so often myself, but almost never in chat. It's not -that- important for conveying emotion, as there are stronger and better words for that.

ICly however, I have a few characters that spew some words like drunken sailors. THAT, is something I hope never goes away, because it can add depth to a character. Just, don't be OOCly silly with it. As in, stay with your character.

And Rent, Kiffles. Bootylicious is in the dictionary.

And holy crap, I sympathize with the post thing, Kret
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Mm, I'm in agreement with Cressy here. I do say some things every so often myself, but almost never in chat. It's not -that- important for conveying emotion, as there are stronger and better words for that.

ICly however, I have a few characters that spew some words like drunken sailors. THAT, is something I hope never goes away, because it can add depth to a character. Just, don't be OOCly silly with it. As in, stay with your character.

And Rent, Kiffles. Bootylicious is in the dictionary.

And holy crap, I sympathize with the post thing, Kret
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Warning! This is a rant and must not be taken so seriously!

Oh, language! You silly little thing.

First, a language is invented.
Second, words are added.
Third, we ban words because of prudeness.

Why do words exist that people would rather avoid? Is this the fault of the words or the people?

In all honesty, I stick to the rules. I almost never use profanities on the server and rarely so in the chat channels. I do agree with keeping profanities to a minimum as to just avoid conflict.
Little by little, one travels far.
Warning! This is a rant and must not be taken so seriously!

Oh, language! You silly little thing.

First, a language is invented.
Second, words are added.
Third, we ban words because of prudeness.

Why do words exist that people would rather avoid? Is this the fault of the words or the people?

In all honesty, I stick to the rules. I almost never use profanities on the server and rarely so in the chat channels. I do agree with keeping profanities to a minimum as to just avoid conflict.
Little by little, one travels far.
Eh, I believe various people have various preferences as far as vulgarity is considered. I know that I, personally, never curse unless I'm really pissed. Those who know me know that if I'm cursing, the world is trembling beneath my feet (or something like that) ;). In this case, I believe the words would have their full effect, so to speak, when used being as how they're rarely used as it is. When someone uses them so frivolously, they really do lose their meaning. But, I went off on a side-topic. Har. :D

((Darn it, folks! Stop replying so fast!))
Eh, I believe various people have various preferences as far as vulgarity is considered. I know that I, personally, never curse unless I'm really pissed. Those who know me know that if I'm cursing, the world is trembling beneath my feet (or something like that) ;). In this case, I believe the words would have their full effect, so to speak, when used being as how they're rarely used as it is. When someone uses them so frivolously, they really do lose their meaning. But, I went off on a side-topic. Har. :D

((Darn it, folks! Stop replying so fast!))
Let's go chainsaw the dictionary and remove it from our vocabulary! ^^

Spoiler:
On hindsight I'll be killed by grammar nazis.

hur hur

Let's go do it anyway!

I'm in better spirits, can you tell?
Alakintra Blood Knight
Caediath Ebon Blade, Third War Survivor
Let's go chainsaw the dictionary and remove it from our vocabulary! ^^

Spoiler:
On hindsight I'll be killed by grammar nazis.

hur hur

Let's go do it anyway!

I'm in better spirits, can you tell?
Alakintra Blood Knight
Caediath Ebon Blade, Third War Survivor
Rensin Wrote:And Rent, Kiffles. Bootylicious is in the dictionary.
I had to look it up after you said that, and good heavens, there's the death knell for whatever was left of a respectable English language. If you'll excuse me, I have to go into mourning now.
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
Rensin Wrote:And Rent, Kiffles. Bootylicious is in the dictionary.
I had to look it up after you said that, and good heavens, there's the death knell for whatever was left of a respectable English language. If you'll excuse me, I have to go into mourning now.
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
What I want to know is, like any one of us is if 'hell' and 'damn' are swear words because we really don't know what the basis is for a swear word now after this incident. I mean, I've been using 'hell' for probably a year now usually starting with 'What the hell is...' and I never got anything out of it. Now, I would gladly stop it, if it was clarified now that it's not allowed. Just want to make sure for myself and not fall for the same thing again in the future.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
What I want to know is, like any one of us is if 'hell' and 'damn' are swear words because we really don't know what the basis is for a swear word now after this incident. I mean, I've been using 'hell' for probably a year now usually starting with 'What the hell is...' and I never got anything out of it. Now, I would gladly stop it, if it was clarified now that it's not allowed. Just want to make sure for myself and not fall for the same thing again in the future.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
But...your American, you slaughtered the English language with frivolous use of Zs and simplifying of words long ago! :P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I get some clarification on the character death policy? Dae 3 1,024 08-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Clarification Regarding Multi-Classing and Variants Grakor456 17 4,337 01-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Xigo
  Initial approval request/question. hyenaskate 11 1,864 12-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Last Post: hyenaskate
  Request for something (In-Game!) Jaella 21 3,125 11-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Last Post: SpiralLateralus
  Request for rpitems! Miah 1 697 09-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Guest