The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Seaniepop of adventure!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is Sean, and I love adventure. I am passionate about performing in real life (acting/singing/dancing), being super geeky about nearly every subject of lore and mythology in everything I read/watch/play, and creating a fun atmosphere for everyone around me. I have played on quite a few PvP servers and a few good PvE servers as well. Without a doubt, my most memorable stories are from my time on RP servers, specifically with the Bardic Wardens on Silver Hand (US), who were one of the first guilds I was able to role-play with where I felt like we all were creating a fantastic organic story.

I also am a tabletop geek and spend a portion of my free time creating new worlds and fulfilling the role of dungeon master for a small group of D&D 3.5e tabletop players. I often try to get on the other side of the screen to enjoy the game from a players perspective and will occasionally go looking for new game systems to try out and experience.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I hail from the New England region of the USA and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played a little of Warcraft II, when a close friend of mine was kind enough to lend me her discs to give it a go. I snagged and gobbled up a battle-chest for WC III and still manage to spend a fair amount of time playing it still today. I stumbled into WoW all by myself after a couple of months into the vanilla release and had been playing fairly regularly (with some breaks) for most of those years up until a few months before Mists of Pandaria.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found this server and its community through some simple browsing of the internet, as I was looking to scratch my role play itch. I feel drawn to this server for its dedication to higher role-play standards, its unique cross-faction relations, and what I hope will be a community that role-plays intelligently and responsibly.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy tavern/campfire role-play, where characters step away from the trouble of the world and try to relax and share their burdens and stories. I also enjoy some adventure and exploration role-play, some of which I conducted inside dungeons that coincided with a player's story. I often enjoy a supportive role when it comes to role-play, offering an ear to some traveler's tale or trying to help a fellow player progress their planned story line. I sometimes make my stories involve more than one of my characters, so that I may bring in different personalities to interact with my fellow role-players. My character arches are intended to act as goals that my heroes may or may not overcome but will ultimately be changed in the process.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have loved the Tauren race since I started one as my main character back in Vanilla, for their cultural views on the world around them and their quiet strength as a people. The majority of my role-play characters have been Tauren, such as my long running character of Tunguska Stormsinger. Other favored races include dwarves, orcs, and draenei. Favored class would have to be a near even split between druids and shamans. The former was my first loved Tauren and the latter is where I got lost in the world of Tunguska. I enjoy these classes for the way they channel the fury and awesome primal power of the natural world and attempt to do some good with the abilities they have.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I want to bring new life to some of my old characters and try to introduce some new ideas to my roster of role-play characters. I think I might like to remake Tunguska, but I am not 100% certain that it will be what I ultimately do. I am tempted to leave him for a fresh new start with a Wildhammer dwarf, though I am curious as to the Alliance/Horde make-up for the server and if I should join the faction which is lower in population. I know with a small tight-knit server like this one that the difference could swing either way provided what time it is, but I am curious nonetheless.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I am actually quite excited about practically all the rules! The chance to enjoy some respectful and mature role-play, where my fellow players are all interested in enjoying some time living through another identity is exciting. This server and its community sounds like it might be a perfect safe place for a role-player that is looking to avoid harassment and grief and trolling that one is more likely to find on a retail server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Just promise me one thing, Gerrod. Please do not go making a fool of yourself tonight. There is much at stake with tomorrow's scouting mission, and I need you rested and alert with your eyes keen and on the lookout."
"You worry too much girl! Tomorrow's business will be easier than falling off a bar stool! A little border patrol, peek in on the dastardly goblins then back to the tavern as quick as we can; and as usual, the last one to arrive buys the first round of drinks." The brash young human male smiled as wide as he could manage, knowing its disarming effect on dozens of waitresses and milkmaids.
Calidona sighed and rubbed her temples as she watched him saunter through the doors and head straight for the bar, with the crowd cheering in response to his first round of drinks for the house. She had been working aside the man since he was a green recruit, drafted from his work in the lumber mills to swing an axe at slightly more dangerous targets. She could not help but chuckle as he waved her over to come join him, before he spun around to grab a pitcher of ale to chug down to the chanting of his new found friends. The man could drink like a dwarf, which would definitely impress her kin tomorrow, who where supposed to aid the two rangers with feeding and watering their mounts along the journey. She hoped he got along with her father and uncle, which might help to smooth over the upset of her leaving the homestead in the first place, all those years ago. It was hard to find friends and comrades that her family approved of.
Groaning with exasperation, she sighed heavily and gave into the idea of a little fun tonight. Besides, if she didn't get in there soon, Gerrod might end up getting so drunk that he might start taking off all his clothes again and offering up his body to gnomes for "scientific purposes." Just because a man is grown, does not mean he is mature...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If you are interested in seeing a little of the pieces I wrote for one of my characters, here are a couple of pieces that coincide with the story of my Tauren Shaman, Tunguska Stormsinger of the Bardic Wardens. There was a long running story within the guild as well, so the second piece may not make as much sense.
Song of Tunguska - Prelude
Seeking Stormsinger
Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Seaniepop!

You'll be happy to hear that we have a small group of tauren who travel together and roleplay led by @Nikodemos! Hopefully we can snuggle you into that roleplay soon, from what I heard of it, it's really enjoyable.

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!
Welcome!

Are you still playing on retail at all? It's unfortunate that BW went largely inactive. Perhaps some folks will return for the release of the patch?
I haven't played any retail with my dear Wardens since a couple months before Pandaria. I am considering going back to visit them and to see how they are getting along at some point in the next few months. I have been gone for a bit so I am not sure if I am still in their roster, but I am sure they wouldn't mind a little visit from an old friend. I had a couple of side projects on Silver Hand that I would like to get back to, but it does feel a bit weird that I will have to relearn some of the game in regards to talents and builds (merely what I have been led to believe from fellow WoWers).

It is too bad that quite a bit of the guild had gone inactive by the time I slipped away. Ultimately my decision to stop playing was more of a lack of time behind the keyboard to justify spending money on yet another subscription fee when I was caught up in other games and activities. I wish I could help to breathe life back into that guild but lately I just have not felt moved to go back to retail. Perhaps when circumstances change later on this year. I am not sure if I will be back for the patch, by I wouldn't eliminate the possibility entirely. :D
Always a pleasure to welcome a fellow Tauren fan! Our storyline does actually have a couple of openings at present and I'd be happy to offer you some RP opportunities should you wish to get involved. Welcome, I hope you find our community to your liking!
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's start this adventure :D Cougarjacked 1 527 08-01-2012, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Caravan