The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Second Query.
While thinking about the first, this struck my mind:

Can an Undead construct run out of energy?

Or, if you would prefer this wording:

Is undeath a permanent state?

Surely a necromancer does not give them an unlimited supply, so can they run out, or over-exert themselves? If so, that could give some interesting RP to a Forsaken that's literally falling apart, no longer being sustained by the binding energy. By undead construct, I mean anything that has died, and been raised to undeath through necromancy.
I don't know about Forsaken or Scourge but for undead raised by average necromancers I would think they might
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
Quote:Can an Undead construct run out of energy?

Yes. Explained later.

Quote:Is undeath a permanent state?

Yes.

Quote:Surely a necromancer does not give them an unlimited supply, so can they run out, or over-exert themselves? If so, that could give some interesting RP to a Forsaken that's literally falling apart, no longer being sustained by the binding energy. By undead construct, I mean anything that has died, and been raised to undeath through necromancy.

Undead do not have 'energy' in the same way a living creature does. They do not get tired. They do not need to sleep. And so forth.

However, they have a magical energy powering them. Physical means won't get them tired, but spells might. A Forsaken using spells will potentially begin to 'lose feeling'. He won't feel pain or exhausted mind you, he'll simply feel even less like he's animated, until a point where the energies cause him to shut down until he can get his energies back to a respectable level. It's akin to passing out.

Mind you, this is theory craft. But ultimately the answer is 'they do not have energy the same way we have energy'.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
It's oft repeated that all things house magical energy.

Animal, plant, mineral... all of them intrinsically possess magic.

It could be that rather than the Necromancers 'giving' undead constructs life energy, they simply manipulate the energy already residing within the corpse's constituent parts to instruct it to move again. I don't think they would 'run out' of energy, as the Well's still raining magic over everything(some 10,000 years later). If it did work like a battery, an undead is vastly more likely to rot to dust before that ever happened.

That would be my guess, albeit just a guess.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A query. Ben 10 2,606 09-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Query! Kretol 23 3,340 05-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Last Post: PiesOfNub
  General query 4 1,045 04-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Tobeh
  Connection Query Kretol 6 1,543 12-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Drust
  A Technological Query Commissariot 14 2,638 09-09-2009, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Commissariot