The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Stale taste in my mouth.
I'm finding the Drudaen Tavern a stale place to RP, I hate having to go there, and i've heard other people saying this as well. This is just my personal opinion, but I'd love a new "Place" to look for RPs.

Edit: Nothing against the Drudaen, I haven't been here long and it already seems old, though.
Well, usually the answer to people who don't like the tea-party RP is: If you don't want to RP at the tavern, start a RP somewhere else.

Rather than RP at the Drudaen today, for instance, I started an RP in Auberdine, Darkshore. We actually ended up with six people in the end RPing there, and had a miniature storyline. It was a great amount of fun. And yes, tea-party gets old. I rarely go to the Drudaen anymore, unless to simply network and find contacts or use it as a meeting place.
Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh
Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!
"A single death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic."
"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
-Иосиф Сталин (Joseph Stalin)

I'd like to see more RP done in the cities. I know I keep saying this and it keeps getting shut down with the whole, "cities aren't cross faction" argument but it'd still be loads of fun!!
酒なくて
何の己が
桜かな

Without sake
What is the use of
Cherry blossoms?
Well, two of my characters are lurking around Duskwood and Booty Bay, could give the a visit. *Grin*
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Lokk and Men'ka tend to hang out in or around Orgrimmar. ^.^
[Image: MenkaSig2.jpg]
I originally showed distaste to the tavern also. To be honest once I'm more settled on the server you can probably expect me Rping anywhere but that one tavern.
I think this has been discussed before. So here's the response I offered in the other thread.

Qaza Wrote:Yes, there's plenty of places all over to roleplay. If you've got an adventurous character, they can go exploring! Some characters are more homebodies, though, that's just how it is.

Remember that there are no OOC areas in the world (outside of Quel'Danas, I think, because it's closed off IC'ly). So you can (and probably will) RP anywhere that makes sense with your character!

RP styles, including "tea party" RP, are a matter of prefrence. If you don't like that style, don't do it. The Drudaen isn't a "tea party only" zone, you don't HAVE to pointedly avoid it (how silly would it be to refuse to go somewhere OOCly that your character may have a legitimate reason to go ICly?). By that same token, a lot of players have begun to spread out. I suppose, in short, I don't really see what the big deal is. If you don't like it, don't be there, but don't complain if others want to go to that tavern, and don't shoot yourself in the foot, plot-wise.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Lucheiah Wrote:I'd like to see more RP done in the cities. I know I keep saying this and it keeps getting shut down with the whole, "cities aren't cross faction" argument but it'd still be loads of fun!!

It really shouldn't. With the faction quests in, one can at least do whichever ones their races qualify for, and go RP in those town.

Even with out them, we have Shattrath (which is a sanctuary and may promote tea party or one-sides war against the npcs RP) Ratchet, and Booty Bay which are easy to access.
˜★Sketch Blog
Use the LFG channel. Lots of people will usually respond if you say you're looking for non-Drudaen RP.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
I dropped by Drudaen earlier, and i got the same thought. It seemed a bit too... NPC filled to be a great RP place. Don't get me wrong, if theres an opportunity to RP there, i'll surely drop by, but I definately won't be sitting around the Tavern waiting for people to randomly show up.
Aeonar Wrote:but I definately won't be sitting around the Tavern waiting for people to randomly show up.
That's good, since you probably shouldn't be doing that anywhere. The purpose of the LFG channel has been gone over time and time again.

It's a good area. Good for meeting up with people, good for hiking around, good for looking at ruins. There are enough secluded guard-free areas for some fighting to go on, but enough guarded areas to prevent anarchy, and a tavern. Stop blaming it for boring RP. Most of peoples' problems with it stem from trying to fit the square-shaped peg into the circle-shaped hole. Carry your RP to a different area if it doesn't fit in AC, and problem solved.
Paint. (It's red now!)
Maybe we should have a IC event, so we can all do something together? I enjoy Tea-party RP most of the time, but it gets boring when I have to re-tell my characters backstory over and over, haha.

Maybe we could open up the A'dal/Lady Liadrin storyline? :3
Secrettom Wrote:Maybe we should have a IC event, so we can all do something together? I enjoy Tea-party RP most of the time, but it gets boring when I have to re-tell my characters backstory over and over, haha.

Maybe we could open up the A'dal/Lady Liadrin storyline? :3

But that would make blood elves even more lovey dovey!

Urgh! The horror. *shudders*
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I found RP just walking through the streets of Orgrimmar! :) Grotka was thoroughly confused by Lokk and Menka.
All my characters spend an unhealthy amount of time in Orgrimmar. Sitting around, grumbling about npcs behind their backs, complaining about some blood elf who has broken his fishing pole, tossing beetles into bonfires.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Since I can't keep my fat mouth shut. Kiffles 38 5,053 01-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Psychyn