The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Template Intro
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hello! My name is Wolf (OK, it isn't really "Wolf," but it's what I go by). Without getting too much into my personal life, I'm currently an undergraduate student who plays games and roleplays in those precious moments of free time that elude the clutches of pre-med studies.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I hail from the New England area of the USA. My primary language is English. I also speak Spanish and a bit of Latin.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

In retrospect, it was almost entirely the result of following my friends. Many years ago I started with WCIII simply because all my friends were playing it and it was a fun RTS. I resisted joining WoW because of the financial expense, but when one of my best friends convinced me (more on this a little later), I joined up too. Later, my friends all quit for various reasons, but I stuck around because I'd made new friends in the game--at least until MoP came out (that's when I quit for good).

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Within the last week or so I've found myself yearning for some good ol' WoW RP. Besides its financial cost (which once again I find myself unwilling to pay), retail WoW is notoriously full of kids and trolls. Moreover, I, like so many others, didn't really like the direction Blizzard went with the lore and characters in Mists, and I would vastly prefer to play in a World of Warcraft where MoP simply didn't happen.

Thus I was drawn to consider private servers (nearly all of which are pre-Mists), and CotH was one of the most promising ones I found.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All kinds, but most of all the spontaneous, open-world kind. Planned scenarios and events have their thrill, sure--but it's really the spontaneous, simple interactions and dialogues between characters (an Elf walks into a bar...) that I enjoy most of all.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I realize this question is aimed toward playable races and classes, but I wouldn't be doing justice to myself in this introduction if I didn't say the truth: my absolute favorite race is the Old Gods. Prior to coming to WoW, I was a super big fan of Lovecraft and the C'thulu mythos. My good friend--the one I mentioned above, the one that won me over into playing WoW--showed me all the Lovecraftian themes they'd implemented in the game with C'Thun, the Quiraji, the Silithid. He even had the prestigious Scarab Lord title and Battle Tank mount (although to this day I wonder whether or not he acquired them legitimately). Nonetheless, I was originally hooked on WoW because of C'Thun and the Quiraji, and a large part of the reason I stuck with the game for so long was because Blizzard continually implemented more Old God (read: Lovecraftian) stuff: Yogg-Saron, the Faceless Ones, the Nerubians (and their branch of the Archaeology profession), N'Zoth, and more. In fact, I consider Y'Shaarj and the Klaxxi the only redeeming qualities of the entire MoP expansion. Tongue

To answer the question the way I'm sure it's supposed to be answered, though, my favorite playable class is Priest (specifically Shadow Priest--big surprise, am I right?). My favorite playable race is Human because as a species they're so diverse and unbounded compared to other races which have discrete sets of expectations as to their philosophy and background. For example, Goblins are expected to be penny-pinching and Undead are expected to be cold and aloof; while many Goblins and Undead may deviate from their stereotype, the point is that they do have a stereotype to work around, whereas humans do not.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm looking for a community wherein I can RP in WoW actively without shelling out $15 a month or upgrading to MoP or dealing with the trolls and kids around MoonGuard. That's about it.

I realize other servers besides CotH meet these criteria. At the moment, like I said, I'm still testing the waters--the only way I can find out which one is best for me is to try them out.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The stringent rules on resurrection are, from what I've seen in my brief search, unique to CotH. They're probably the most interesting rules on the list, and I'm curious to see how they'll be fleshed out in practice.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

As if I haven't told a story already with all that I've said above! :P (I'm just kidding.)

At this moment I have no intention of applying for Gruntship (I want to ensure this place is the right fit for me before I do), so I'm reluctant to hash out a story. I see similar answers have been sufficient for other people's introductions to be accepted, so I think I'll leave it at that.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

At this moment, no. Thanks for reading my intro.

Needs moar slopes imo
Needs moar archaeology imo
Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Werewolf!

The way that you had originally answered the "favourite race and class" question is perfectly fine, but thank you very much for taking into consideration that we had intended for playable races. It's also great to see another Lovecraftian on Conquest of the Horde!

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Spoiler:
Quote:What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All kinds, but most of all the spontaneous, open-world kind. Planned scenarios and events have their thrill, sure--but it's really the spontaneous, simple interactions and dialogues between characters (an Elf walks into a bar...) that I enjoy most of all.

I whole-heartedly agree with this. *Nods*
Quote:All kinds, but most of all the spontaneous, open-world kind. Planned scenarios and events have their thrill, sure--but it's really the spontaneous, simple interactions and dialogues between characters (an Elf walks into a bar...) that I enjoy most of all.

Spontaneous eh? Well. Let me be the first to drag you into some rp then! Look for me sometime on Krest. I can give you spontaneous rp without issue, just ask @Rini there.
No fun allowed here.
Spoiler:
THERE IS NO POINT TO BE ALIVE, IF YOU CAN'T DO DEADLIFT.
[Image: jon_pall_sigmarsson_b35428d97635b2e7c405...2df3c3.gif]

Spoiler:
[Image: SQ0XvlU.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re: Introduction w/ template! forsakenblade92 1 941 03-04-2012, 05:44 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  template Theheroclone 1 801 01-31-2012, 05:24 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Connor's Corrected Introduction (Sorry, forgot template! D:) CocaCola1872 1 1,057 11-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Last Post: CocaCola1872
  DarthCody's Introduction V.2 (Fits template now.) =D DarthCody 0 628 08-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Last Post: DarthCody
  DarthCody's Introduction Reworked to fit the Template! =) DarthCody 2 737 07-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Zason