The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A collectible trading card game
Well this is an idea I had yesterday. Using GHI I was thinking of starting up a collectible card game in WoW. I would start with a season one set of like 40 cards and promote them some day, giving bunches of copies out to people and maybe even hiring salesmen. The cards would range in value from a few copper to several gold for the eager collector. Cards would involve flavour text and an imprint of what season the card is from. Rarity is also there, i.e. some cards have a purple name and are thus more rare/expensive than common cards. All of the cards would be either things you can see in WoW or cards based around WoW (common knowledge) lore.

If anyone thinks this is a decent idea and would like to help me get it rolling or even just comment, post below :D

EDIT: This will be IC. The closest example I can think of are the coins you fish up in dalaran.

OKAY An idea occured to me that may make this an actual playable IC game!

Here is the theory:

Card Battles will be held in the Trade window, and will preferably be accompanied by short emotes to let nearby people know what's going on.

Cards are awarded one of three 'Flags'; Blue, Green or Red.

Cards also have a 'damage' stat and a 'defence' stat.

When battling, the card flag that has the advantage has its 'damage' put against the other cards 'defence'. Card advantage is solved in the following way.

Blue > Green
Green > Red
Red > Blue

If cards of the same colour battle each other, the card with the highest damage will be put against the other cards defence. The difference between a cards damage and the targets defence are subtracted from the opponents Mana Pool, which will equal 50,000 at the beginning of the match. Cards may also have special effects.

There will be no deck-shuffling system, however each card can only be used once per duel, and decks are maxed at 20 cards. At the end of a turn, both cards placed that turn are considered 'void'.

Some cards have summoning conditions. For example, a card may require that a Green Flag was 'void'ed on your last turn in order to be summoned. Other cards may have more advanced conditions.

In the 'enchanting' slot of the trade window, players may select one 'Fortress' card at the beginning of the match to place in it. This fortress card will provide various bonuses and are essentially the back bone of a decks theme.

The official pocket handbook that would be released with these cards would state that the loser of the match must hand over their Fortress card, or another card of the opponents choosing THAT WAS PLAYED IN THE MATCH.

.... Tell me what you think :)

"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
Neat idea! Should be about lore figures though. "Hey, you got an Arthas?! That is soooo cool!"
Would be glad to work on the game-design side, gots me experience with TCGs and TCG design to draw on. (But won't touch GHI item-creation to save my life)

Aditionally, perhaps the game-designing experience could be made even funner if it was (at least half) IC. I'd enjoy making one of my toons the creator of a comercial game.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
I was planning to make it IC actually, as in ICly distributing them. And there were going to be lore figures.

I don't know about 'game-design side', I dont know WoW LUA so I've got no clue how to program the cards into actual playing cards, which is why I am sticking to using GHI to distribute them. If you know a better way to create cards, do share 'cause I've barely touched that side of WoW.
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
Perhaps this isn't entirely a good idea... But I have an idea... An idea has been had by me... Anyway, I had plans for Aeus Rteschiaron's "The Combat League"... I was originally going to base it more on the original version, which was something along the lines of "X's Combat and Gambling Society" (X being a name I can't remember)... I believe if I were to completely change the Combat League into more of it's original version, we could find some way to work together. I could also consider involve some other forms of gambling, like the dice game "Hazard", shown in the Da Vinci Dissapearance DLC of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
BIG update to the first post, I've decided it will be turned into a yugioh-esque game!
I like the idea of the game system. I'll let you know that I will study this game, and cards, so much so that I will be the best of the best of players. /nod... At least, that's the theory...
Lol, good luck to you :P It won't be an incredibly complicated game, well at least not until a few more seasons of cards are out.
Oh, and I'll still leave the partnership offer open. I've decided that I will in fact be modifying the guild to fit how I believe it should be now, which will leave it open to a larger audience as well. Hopefully your card game has a part in it. :D
Eh we will see, if it takes off I'll probalby just distrubute the cards via custom-model-applied-goblin toon.
I remember having an idea with GHI cards, but the furthest I could get was just promo cards.. I never really deveoped a battle system. This sounds pretty good if you're still up for it.
I will work on it a little :) One thing I am having a problem with is turn order, I might have to change the game a little to compensate

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's It Got In Its Pocketses? [Game] Caravan 8 3,511 11-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Race Elimination Game 2: Electric Nubaloo Nymus 17 3,156 07-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Hawk
  Class Elimination Game Nymus 92 15,539 11-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Race Elimination Game Nymus 198 20,393 10-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Altaine
  Silvermoon game crashes bug? Bitlordman 3 1,108 06-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel