The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

--A guide to [Downgrading from 3.1.0 to 3.0.9]--
Hey there. Since I'm new here, I'd like to show myself and help those who come here after me a little. If you have the 3.1.0 patch and want to downgrade to 3.0.9 to play here, follow this guide!

Please note:
I found this on another website and all credits for this guide go to the true creators of this guide. Due to the fact that posting a link there will be advertising they're server. I did edit this guide slightly, to again, avoid advertisment. Credits to Shoupz, though.

Quote:1. Go to your world of warcraft folder, usually C:/program files/world of warcraft/
2. Find the /data folder
3. Go into /enus/engb folder
4. Find and remove 'patch-enus.mpq'/'patch-engb.mpq'
5. Open up repair.exe in your main world of warcraft directory
6. Uncheck all check boxes and click the 'check files only' button
7. You have to let the repair run all the way to the end
8. You should be now at version 3.0.0
You have two options here - I recommend option 9b and 10b:
9a. You can use the world of warcraft launcher (launcher.exe in your main /world of warcraft/ folder), or
9b. Download the patches manually from from a website such as Patch mirrors - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft.
10a. Launcher option. Open up the launcher and click play. Then type in any garbage login info, and it will start patching you up. Keep doing this until you have patched to 3.0.9.
10b. Download the patch(es) you want (make sure you have the right language version), and stick them into your world of warcraft folder and run the patches.
11. Download the backup your original Realmlist and download the realmlist found on this page.
12. Use wow.exe from now on to play the game. (Launcher.exe resets realmlist to retail).

Late Addendum: If you have a Mac you will have to make a clean reinstallation.
Glonick
A gnomish engineer, intrigued by explosive devices. A recruit of The Regiment, mostly referred to as "Demoman" or "Demoboy".

Joseph Smith
A human warrior, hoping to travel to distant lands.
Thanks for the step-by-step! I'm sure this will come in handy for those who bounce ebwteen private servers and retail. :mrgreen:
ಠ_ಠ
Hmm. Any way to do this on a mac? Don't have the repair.exe. Anyone have a clue, any maccies around?
Ezasa Wrote:Hmm. Any way to do this on a mac? Don't have the repair.exe. Anyone have a clue, any maccies around?
did you ever figure out how to down patch on a mac? if so could you please let me know? Thank you.
Well, you have to uninstall and then install again, but don't upgrade into the newest patch. Problem is, that you can't play retail after that...
Ezasa Wrote:Well, you have to uninstall and then install again, but don't upgrade into the newest patch. Problem is, that you can't play retail after that...

Unless you copy the retail folder and downgrade. If you manually download the patches, put them in the Copy folder (I'll call it CoTH) and run it. It'll install the patch to CotH. It's how I got on :]
Just making sure, but when I download the patches manually, I need to do it for every patch correct? Sorry for the clueless question, I just don't want to make a mistake.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Taje Wrote:Just making sure, but when I download the patches manually, I need to do it for every patch correct? Sorry for the clueless question, I just don't want to make a mistake.

As far as I understand, you can download patch 3.0.8 instantly, and skip the ones before. I'm not sure however, never did it manually. I find using the blizz updater easier, as long as you pay attention and prevent it from updating too far.
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Aruen Wrote:
Taje Wrote:Just making sure, but when I download the patches manually, I need to do it for every patch correct? Sorry for the clueless question, I just don't want to make a mistake.

As far as I understand, you can download patch 3.0.8 instantly, and skip the ones before. I'm not sure however, never did it manually. I find using the blizz updater easier, as long as you pay attention and prevent it from updating too far.

I suppose so, but the last thing I want is to miss my shot and have to redo the whole process over again. I figure the manual downloads are a safer bet.
Taje Wrote:
Aruen Wrote:

I suppose so, but the last thing I want is to miss my shot and have to redo the whole process over again. I figure the manual downloads are a safer bet.

True, better safe then sorry. My suggestion:

Go to: http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_Mirrors

Look up the patch called 3.0.3, download and install
Download then patch 3.08 (I just noticed it's "incremental", meaning it only patches from 3.0.3 till 3.0.8)
And after installing, download 3.0.8a and install. Another incremental patch. Seeing the main page, I don't think 3.0.9 is needed.
Quote:Current server patch version: 3.0.8a/3.0.9 (Builds 9506 & 9551)

This method should work, but not sure if you don't need 3.0.9, have yet to install the right patch myself ;)
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Huh, alright. I'll try it your way Aruen, thanks for the help.
Well, thanks for the help with downgrading and such, but.. Wont the server go 3.1.3 at some point? If anyone knows, please tell me whether it'd be soon, or if I should just pack my silly complaints and go downgrade already. xD
ARGH RAWRAWRAWR!

Kristoff
We prefer to have the patch stable and stuff before we update. No idea when that'll be.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Oh. Well.. That does make sense. :D
ARGH RAWRAWRAWR!

Kristoff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Guide to Getting Started and Fixing Technical Problems HeroLief 115 124,688 01-26-2015, 05:51 AM
Last Post: lordnathal
  Downgrading Brogor 2 793 09-10-2009, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Brogor
  Downgrading WoW Issue Thanrax 11 2,145 07-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Thanrax
  Downgrading my wow! lykkespreder 1 735 06-28-2009, 02:41 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  Downgrading patches for a mac. kiggaxwut 3 838 06-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Armistad