The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A query.
Just a question about Death Knights: How, other than via the Light, can someone make them feel pain?

What I came up with was this; Could you inject the Death Knight, or perhaps a lesser-decomposed Forsaken, with Trolls Blood to hurt them? The idea behind this is that Trolls Blood, and Trolls Blood potion, has regenerative qualities. This could, therefore, regenerate the nerve cells/endings of the Undead, causing them to feel pain. Therefore, in battle, one could fire off a syringe at the Undead in order to make them feel pain. It obviously will NOT kill them, but it would distract them.

Just an idea, I'd love to hear input on this.
It may have healing qualities, but that does not mean it will restore enough life to a dead creature that it might cause them to feel pain.

So... no.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(09-21-2011, 09:05 AM)Xigo Wrote: It may have healing qualities, but that does not mean it will restore enough life to a dead creature that it might cause them to feel pain.

I understand that certain Forsaken priests, of whom have been wielding the powers of the Holy variety since they crawled out from under the iron heel of the Scourge, are gradually regaining their senses.

This is, however, to their abject agony.

I would conject this to be a sort of Holy corruption, analogous in this presumption to the likes of, say, Necrotic corruption and perpendicular to Fel corruption.

...Though no, I don't believe an elixir of regeneration could have any more effect than a resurrection spell, which itself can only restore a being to how it would otherwise be "fully healed".

As for alternative means of harming them, priests and warlocks and perhaps others still are able to magically induce pain in itself, which I'm wagering affects anything with a mind.

I imagine that mindless things, though, such as chairs, wouldn't prove especially obstructed by being horrifically excruciated.
Some Death Knights feel pain.
Some don't.

The 'they are dead so their nerves do not work' argument is invalid; they are dead, yet they walk, talk, speak, and think; to decide that they have only regained the functions that allow these things is arbitrary.

I very much doubt the necromancers 'pick and choose' the activated senses; it's more likely they simply 'turn them back on.' Forsaken aren't really analogous to Death Knights, as they are simply plague zombies typically brought back from heavily decomposed corpses.

Death Knights are 'state-of-the-art' to put it simply, and are individually brought back to a semblance of life by powerful necromancers. One is well within their rights to decide that they feel pain. Even if one isn't capable of physical pain, the Light (as you said) can circumvent that, as can mind magic.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
Depends on how dead they are.
(09-21-2011, 09:49 AM)hiddengecko Wrote: I very much doubt the necromancers 'pick and choose' the activated senses; it's more likely they simply 'turn them back on.'

I've only an inkling of my own on this with confidence as it regards Forsaken, but I believe that only sight and sound expressly function for they.

...This may be of use to the deliberation.
(09-21-2011, 12:49 PM)LostStranger Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 09:49 AM)hiddengecko Wrote: I very much doubt the necromancers 'pick and choose' the activated senses; it's more likely they simply 'turn them back on.'

I've only an inkling of my own on this with confidence as it regards Forsaken, but I believe that only sight and sound expressly function for they.

...This may be of use to the deliberation.

I was speaking of Death Knights; Forsaken are only partially functional.

And yes, it depends on 'how dead they are,' more or less. Rather, how well-preserved they are, but it's effectively the same thing.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
Ooooh good, input!

Well, I believe Scourge conduct to be one of necessitation. They only do what they must. If they made the corpse fully functional, it would be resurrection, yes? The necromancers that raised the lovely Death Knights we play were mass producing them, giving them a bit more oomph than a Forsaken, but not giving them full function. To do more would perhaps give them a tad too much higher brain function and they would begin to think for themselves. Sleeping, for example, is an offence among the ranks of the Scourge, as you may dream, you may begin to think freely.

But that's speculation, and so another question must be asked: How much of a Death Knight is animated? Does their heart still function for example? Or does the unholy magic animate parts of their mind alone, and give them energy with which to move around a bit?

Then, that gives rise to another question, which I shall post in another thread.
The magics animate an undead being's mind and allows it to control the body. The 'active thoughts' of it, specifically.

An undead being can raise his arm to smack you across the face. But they can't do things you and I unconsciously do. Like cause their hearts to beat, for example.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
In the RPG books there is a weapon that excretes a healing potion onto it's blade, designed specifically to fight and do additional damage to undead. I know we don't use the RPG Books as solid lore anymore, but it's the only information on the matter that we actually have.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Note: Trolls blood potion doesn't actually have troll's blood in it. It just takes its name from the regenerative quality of trolls.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Second Query. Ben 3 879 09-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Delta
  Query! Kretol 23 3,340 05-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Last Post: PiesOfNub
  General query 4 1,045 04-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Tobeh
  Connection Query Kretol 6 1,543 12-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Drust
  A Technological Query Commissariot 14 2,638 09-09-2009, 02:47 AM