The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A roleplayer's guide to the roleplay;
Sticking to the old seemingly dusty pathways of the roleplaying arts some brave people have been able to etch stories through games throughout the ages. They require little to do so, everything from pen and paper to a joystick and two buttons. The work of roleplay is easily combustible so to speak. It can be burned up by nostalgia or idle thoughts and ideas can over power your current ideas. I myself suffer from this.

This suffering can be called:
Unstable Story Making Disorder or USMD
This disorder makes me into a machine of ideas, many good ones, many bad ones, all that I come up with spread me too far. I loose myself in the massive almost forest like set up of guilds, characters and lesser stories. A great example is that I on a normal basis make a new idea every day almost. This is a good thing. And it is also a problem. For those like me, I suggest you try to share the ideas that make sense and even those that do not that way they can possibly be weeded out.

This disorder is a problem for many of us I can probably guess, since I know some like me, but as a real world example from myself.
Just within the past week I have come up with two new guild ideas, and six new characters. Not to mention the other ten characters I have not made yet since I am trying to restrain myself.

For those of us with this problem sadly. There may not be a cure. But sometimes you must vent the ideas. I tend to write them down to get them out of my head, this whole post is one of those moments actually.

But back to the start.
Roleplay takes imagination and ideas, storytelling is key but also is a keen eye for detail. If you can note detail you can come to making greatly detailed characters. But for those who can rapidly create less detailed characters with a minor story you have the advantage of rapid combat roleplaying if your characters die ((This is not an invitation to get your characters killed)).

Roleplaying takes a skill that also draws from other skills, common sense, real world scenarios, books, math, food and even the occasional flesh wound may contribute to ones roleplaying skill. If ideas flood you at any moment, it may help you write and create a new legacy.

((MORE TO COME))
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
EVIL!
Yes. I know, evil is a broad point. But I can never seem to get enough of playing evil. Being evil is attractive to me I love making evil characters. See when evil comes along so does good. How do you play evil?

Some people say do not play evil because of this:
1.Meta-gaming will kill you
2.If you do not meta-game you will die
3.The only good evil is one that can be destroyed

Then some others throw in the counter point:
1.Evil sparks roleplay in many forms
2.All evil must take into account the variables therefore an evil character reacting before something happens is not unexceptional
3.Evil can evade destruction to keep being evil and keep causing the good guys more to do

Some thoughts on evil include, it is difficult to be evil since it is so easy to be destroyed unless you have minions or allies. This is a true fact sadly. Even if my evil character was prestige he would need evil minions or he would be killed easily.
Also you can take into account that your evil is only comparable to the good you fight. The more evil you are, the better the good guys look. Sometimes it is good to make the good guys question themselves to throw them off your trail.

Are you able to play evil?
Yes you are!
Contrary to many beliefs evil is easily playable but the hard part is how you get cornered and destroyed. Evil must think and keep quiet. The best evil is the hardest one to destroy.

So yeah. Take this into account when being evil and hopefully your plots and evil schemes will last a bit longer.
((SAVED SPOT))
((SAVED SPOT))
((SAVED SPOT))
Just wanted to say that you are not alone in this. I too suffer from USMD. And mine is not limited to the Warcraft world, in truth CotH RP is my vacations form the real heavy stuff; LARP & PnP.

And I do that same thing, scribble stuff down. That is why I always keep pen and paper on me.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
The next part is up!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feranos' Guide to Metals Kaghuros 0 1,847 10-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  How do you deal with Roleplay ruts? KomodoTheCashew 10 3,948 09-23-2014, 02:44 AM
Last Post: cartoonkarl
  Roleplay and adult themes DanFernandez 34 7,747 06-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Mauri's Guide to Herbs Absurdkoala 1 2,665 05-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Last Post: KomodoTheCashew
  Your Favorite Character [To Roleplay] Xigo 47 8,521 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Bovel