The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A startling sight.
It's the mentality of humans (humanoids in general). If you're people were at war with another group, and one day you meet one, your first mindset would be somewhat hostile. (Not "stab stab" hostile). Some time ago, I've actually encountered a Night Elf and Blood Elf alone inside a building and ontop of a bed... That's just taking things way too far from the norm.
Valikani Wrote:Now, this isn't directed at any player in particular.
(...)
(Edit: And if it did happen, being open about it is ridiculous. You're outright putting your character at risk.)

Indeed.

Think opposing factions in a war.
Think they're both educated to despise the other race.
Think the characteristics of the other race are often times really against their values.
Think different - Species. Not different race.
And if even after all of that you still need to be the special exception that can trust anyone and luurv them.
Then be well aware that it's a vile outrage to the exponents of either race.
(This doesn't just refer to BE/NE, but to any odd combo.)

My etremely-open Belf, that lived a lot in interaction with the other races as a merc in Booty Bay was still completely mind-f****d to see BE/NE flirt.

Edit after the inb4 Maulbane: Exactly. The said xenophobia shouldn't be seen (like in today's society) as a horrible flaw - that you must RP on that race if you ever want to play it, but as a rather naturally occuring result of the factors in the above list.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
(...)
(Edit: And if it did happen, being open about it is ridiculous. You're outright putting your character at risk.)

Indeed.

Think opposing factions in a war.
Think they're both educated to despise the other race.
Think the characteristics of the other race are often times really against their values.
Think different - Species. Not different race.
And if even after all of that you still need to be the special exception that can trust anyone and luurv them.
Then be well aware that it's a vile outrage to the exponents of either race.
(This doesn't just refer to BE/NE, but to any odd combo.)

My etremely-open Belf, that lived a lot in interaction with the other races as a merc in Booty Bay was still completely mind-f****d to see BE/NE flirt.

Edit after the inb4 Maulbane: Exactly. The said xenophobia shouldn't be seen (like in today's society) as a horrible flaw - that you must RP on that race if you ever want to play it, but as a rather naturally occuring result of the factors in the above list.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]

But what is with all of the NE and BE friends lately?

This quote is from the Encyclopedia on the WoW Site.

"Both blood elves and high elves are descended from night elves. Nevertheless, due to their shared history and philosophical differences, the three groups do not share a close relationship. Indeed, night elves regard high elves and blood elves with suspicion, disgust, or outright hostility."

Yes. There are always exceptions, but if I remember right that excuse doesn't work. It's over used. So, what I'm saying is... Blood Elf and Night Elf Friends/Lovers would not happen. Or if they did, it would be extremely rare. Like... Think Half Elf rare, near impossible. I'm completely okay with neutral attitudes in Ratchet, but being friends and hanging out alone? That's an lolwut to me. You would be shunned by your race or taken and probably killed for treason. Seriously.

If anyone has something to add, PLEASE do so.

Constantly a Rager -

Lucy

There is one thing I have to say to this post. And one thing only.

Yes.
Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find
You're not supposed to question faith
But how do you accept this fate?

But what is with all of the NE and BE friends lately?

This quote is from the Encyclopedia on the WoW Site.

"Both blood elves and high elves are descended from night elves. Nevertheless, due to their shared history and philosophical differences, the three groups do not share a close relationship. Indeed, night elves regard high elves and blood elves with suspicion, disgust, or outright hostility."

Yes. There are always exceptions, but if I remember right that excuse doesn't work. It's over used. So, what I'm saying is... Blood Elf and Night Elf Friends/Lovers would not happen. Or if they did, it would be extremely rare. Like... Think Half Elf rare, near impossible. I'm completely okay with neutral attitudes in Ratchet, but being friends and hanging out alone? That's an lolwut to me. You would be shunned by your race or taken and probably killed for treason. Seriously.

If anyone has something to add, PLEASE do so.

Constantly a Rager -

Lucy

There is one thing I have to say to this post. And one thing only.

Yes.
Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find
You're not supposed to question faith
But how do you accept this fate?
My Belf only flirts with one NElf....in fact...its the only person who he does flirt....He wasn't raised to hate night elves(wasn't really raised at all...) and at first this night elf didn't care much for my blood elf....but I guess he grew on her.

Also maul....dont be talking bad about my pink text!
My Belf only flirts with one NElf....in fact...its the only person who he does flirt....He wasn't raised to hate night elves(wasn't really raised at all...) and at first this night elf didn't care much for my blood elf....but I guess he grew on her.

Also maul....dont be talking bad about my pink text!
eh... Some races are more tolerant than others, my Draenei is gonna keep teasing Orcs and Trolls because their reaction is cute, keep flirting with Blood elves and humans trying to make them blush (novel concept to an ebony skinned space goat) and generally ignore or annoy everyone equally because her exposure to those outside of her race is extremely limited and with the exception of being stabbed repeatedly and nearly suffocated by a couple of rotters, she's enjoyed the exposure she's had. My elves and humans aren't so lucky so expect tons of bad reactions from them on inter-racial couples.

We're all born to dislike and/or distrust people who are different from ourselves some are taught to reinforce these urges, some are taught to disregard them. Freaks of nature do occur or we wouldn't have a handy phrase for it.

Personally when it comes to bed chambers I'd rather stay out of what happens between others behind closed doors. That's between them and whatever odd ideas they entertain.

If you're going to cross the line of species, it really doesn't matter what species it is does it? In that regard one goat is as good as another, right?

Disclaimer: (yeah I put it at the bottom, go me!) These comments are intended for humor not insult! If you're insulted, send me a PM and we can have fun insulting each other where other's can't see and neither of us can get banned for our evilness toward each other

:mrgreen:
"In your world, power is determined by who has the biggest bombs. In my world, power is determined by yahtzee skills and who has the cutest kitty quote. Which is really the sane one?"
eh... Some races are more tolerant than others, my Draenei is gonna keep teasing Orcs and Trolls because their reaction is cute, keep flirting with Blood elves and humans trying to make them blush (novel concept to an ebony skinned space goat) and generally ignore or annoy everyone equally because her exposure to those outside of her race is extremely limited and with the exception of being stabbed repeatedly and nearly suffocated by a couple of rotters, she's enjoyed the exposure she's had. My elves and humans aren't so lucky so expect tons of bad reactions from them on inter-racial couples.

We're all born to dislike and/or distrust people who are different from ourselves some are taught to reinforce these urges, some are taught to disregard them. Freaks of nature do occur or we wouldn't have a handy phrase for it.

Personally when it comes to bed chambers I'd rather stay out of what happens between others behind closed doors. That's between them and whatever odd ideas they entertain.

If you're going to cross the line of species, it really doesn't matter what species it is does it? In that regard one goat is as good as another, right?

Disclaimer: (yeah I put it at the bottom, go me!) These comments are intended for humor not insult! If you're insulted, send me a PM and we can have fun insulting each other where other's can't see and neither of us can get banned for our evilness toward each other

:mrgreen:
"In your world, power is determined by who has the biggest bombs. In my world, power is determined by yahtzee skills and who has the cutest kitty quote. Which is really the sane one?"
Gaeuvyen Wrote:My Belf only flirts with one NElf....in fact...its the only person who he does flirt....He wasn't raised to hate night elves(wasn't really raised at all...) and at first this night elf didn't care much for my blood elf....but I guess he grew on her.

No offense, but that is a total cop-out. Saying "I wasn't raised to hate them(because I wasn't raise at all)," is just an excuse to do it. Elven society in itself would have influenced him to hate them. If he wasn't raised around his brethren (wtf?), then you might want to rethink your back story.

I really feel the same way with Zach. If you want to have a relationship(A good relationship mind you) between a Blood Elf and a Night elf, then maybe you should go read their lore and think again.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Gaeuvyen Wrote:My Belf only flirts with one NElf....in fact...its the only person who he does flirt....He wasn't raised to hate night elves(wasn't really raised at all...) and at first this night elf didn't care much for my blood elf....but I guess he grew on her.

No offense, but that is a total cop-out. Saying "I wasn't raised to hate them(because I wasn't raise at all)," is just an excuse to do it. Elven society in itself would have influenced him to hate them. If he wasn't raised around his brethren (wtf?), then you might want to rethink your back story.

I really feel the same way with Zach. If you want to have a relationship(A good relationship mind you) between a Blood Elf and a Night elf, then maybe you should go read their lore and think again.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Well personally I can't disagree with what some said.

A Belf and Nelf aren't cuddle mates. In no way... If you create such a character start reading the lore wisely, because there is a reason why neither the Belfs nor the Nelfs want to be good friends.

And that both races in general don't like each other, doesn't mean that they can't RP. But cuddling and love making would be considered a Taboo, because like I said before. There's a reason why none of the both parties share these bonds.

For example. Mistal doesn't like any other race than the Forsaken and Sin'dorei. But when he would be in the presence of other Races he wouldn't let his most hateful side show. Of course when the situation or event turns out to show hate from one to another, Mistal would of course spit out the things he thinks. But if it doesn't turn out in any particular hateful way, Mistal would always be nice and say 'hello, greetings, farewell, have a good day.' But that would be it. (unless they practise magic)

And seriously, it does bother people to see a Belf and Nelf hang with eachother like they were brother and sister... >.<
Characters:

Mistal'aerix <-- In the making
Misjana Minaar <-- Brewing some plots...
Well personally I can't disagree with what some said.

A Belf and Nelf aren't cuddle mates. In no way... If you create such a character start reading the lore wisely, because there is a reason why neither the Belfs nor the Nelfs want to be good friends.

And that both races in general don't like each other, doesn't mean that they can't RP. But cuddling and love making would be considered a Taboo, because like I said before. There's a reason why none of the both parties share these bonds.

For example. Mistal doesn't like any other race than the Forsaken and Sin'dorei. But when he would be in the presence of other Races he wouldn't let his most hateful side show. Of course when the situation or event turns out to show hate from one to another, Mistal would of course spit out the things he thinks. But if it doesn't turn out in any particular hateful way, Mistal would always be nice and say 'hello, greetings, farewell, have a good day.' But that would be it. (unless they practise magic)

And seriously, it does bother people to see a Belf and Nelf hang with eachother like they were brother and sister... >.<
Characters:

Mistal'aerix <-- In the making
Misjana Minaar <-- Brewing some plots...
Oh, boy. I knew this was coming. Luce? You're right. It's not an "I support you" thing, you are.. right. BElfs and NElfs, though both Elves, are nothing alike. They should /hate/ each other as a common thing. Just remember: Because they both have ridiculously long ears doesn't mean they'd ever like ach other. think, people. It's /not normal/.

Example that everyone will hopefully realize: It would be like Adolf Hitler and a Rabbi. Yes, it would be just that extreme.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
Oh, boy. I knew this was coming. Luce? You're right. It's not an "I support you" thing, you are.. right. BElfs and NElfs, though both Elves, are nothing alike. They should /hate/ each other as a common thing. Just remember: Because they both have ridiculously long ears doesn't mean they'd ever like ach other. think, people. It's /not normal/.

Example that everyone will hopefully realize: It would be like Adolf Hitler and a Rabbi. Yes, it would be just that extreme.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.