The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A startling sight.
While I agree completely that as a general rule, Blood Elves and Night Elves hate each other - there's plenty of lore that makes this very plain - I'd suggest that you ask people why their characters are getting along as well as they are if it bothers you, before RAGEing on them. Communication is vital.

For example, while I do not currently have any Blood Elf or Night Elf characters, I do have a human who is close friends with one particular Blood Elf. (I do realize that humans and blood elves don't hate each other quite as much as night elves and blood elves, but there's still a lot of hate there. And by close friends I do mean *friends* - there are boundaries.) There is enough IC backstory that was developed through RP to explain this. That said, while my human is on good terms with one blood elf, she still mistrusts and is wary of (and doesn't like) blood elves in general. This could very well be the case with other players. Before you RAGE, think and ask. Are they blatantly breaking lore, or is there a *reason* why those two particular characters are getting along "too well"?
"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?" --Thomas Jefferson
While I agree completely that as a general rule, Blood Elves and Night Elves hate each other - there's plenty of lore that makes this very plain - I'd suggest that you ask people why their characters are getting along as well as they are if it bothers you, before RAGEing on them. Communication is vital.

For example, while I do not currently have any Blood Elf or Night Elf characters, I do have a human who is close friends with one particular Blood Elf. (I do realize that humans and blood elves don't hate each other quite as much as night elves and blood elves, but there's still a lot of hate there. And by close friends I do mean *friends* - there are boundaries.) There is enough IC backstory that was developed through RP to explain this. That said, while my human is on good terms with one blood elf, she still mistrusts and is wary of (and doesn't like) blood elves in general. This could very well be the case with other players. Before you RAGE, think and ask. Are they blatantly breaking lore, or is there a *reason* why those two particular characters are getting along "too well"?
I think the problem is that it's becoming quite the common thing, ICly. And, considering that it should be a minimal ammount of people doing this crossfaction tolerance thing,it's becoming somewhat of a overhashed RP idea. And really, it doesn't make sense.

Why on earth would these races be friendly with eachother? They wouldn't, that's the answer.

HOWEVER, on the other end of the specturm, I find it just as odd that people choose to RP their characters as having IC hate to races they normally wouldn't. Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls, namely. These are races that have worked together for a long time, and have formed a bond that almost cannot be broken.

Here's my baseline opinion. If you are always a special snowflake, you stop being special, and end up just being another faceless member of a crowd, doing something that's been done over, and over, and over again.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I think the problem is that it's becoming quite the common thing, ICly. And, considering that it should be a minimal ammount of people doing this crossfaction tolerance thing,it's becoming somewhat of a overhashed RP idea. And really, it doesn't make sense.

Why on earth would these races be friendly with eachother? They wouldn't, that's the answer.

HOWEVER, on the other end of the specturm, I find it just as odd that people choose to RP their characters as having IC hate to races they normally wouldn't. Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls, namely. These are races that have worked together for a long time, and have formed a bond that almost cannot be broken.

Here's my baseline opinion. If you are always a special snowflake, you stop being special, and end up just being another faceless member of a crowd, doing something that's been done over, and over, and over again.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Gaeuvyen Wrote:My Belf only flirts with one NElf....in fact...its the only person who he does flirt....He wasn't raised to hate night elves(wasn't really raised at all...) and at first this night elf didn't care much for my blood elf....but I guess he grew on her.

No. Just no.
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
Gaeuvyen Wrote:My Belf only flirts with one NElf....in fact...its the only person who he does flirt....He wasn't raised to hate night elves(wasn't really raised at all...) and at first this night elf didn't care much for my blood elf....but I guess he grew on her.

No. Just no.
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
Rensin Wrote:I think the problem is that it's becoming quite the common thing, ICly. And, considering that it should be a minimal ammount of people doing this crossfaction tolerance thing,it's becoming somewhat of a overhashed RP idea. And really, it doesn't make sense.

I'd like your opinion on this aspect of my RP then, as I feel that I'm drawing the ire of people who think along these lines. Or I would, if they were more aware of my RP - which is all the same to me, really.
The only character I have who is openly semi-tolerant crossfaction is an intellectual who despises politics and sees the Horde v. Alliance v. Sin'Sholai war as pointless and suicidal. Even so, she is mistrusting of opposing faction races (mostly because she's well aware that these people would go "Grah! Human!" and try to kill her on sight, in most circumstances). The blood elf she is friends with, she met at the Magic Academy at Fenris, which is run by the Kirin Tor - a neutral faction that enforces neutrality on their grounds - which is also the faction she aligns herself with now. This is the extent of my crossfaction tolerance RP. Is it harmful to the server?
Rensin Wrote:I think the problem is that it's becoming quite the common thing, ICly. And, considering that it should be a minimal ammount of people doing this crossfaction tolerance thing,it's becoming somewhat of a overhashed RP idea. And really, it doesn't make sense.

I'd like your opinion on this aspect of my RP then, as I feel that I'm drawing the ire of people who think along these lines. Or I would, if they were more aware of my RP - which is all the same to me, really.
The only character I have who is openly semi-tolerant crossfaction is an intellectual who despises politics and sees the Horde v. Alliance v. Sin'Sholai war as pointless and suicidal. Even so, she is mistrusting of opposing faction races (mostly because she's well aware that these people would go "Grah! Human!" and try to kill her on sight, in most circumstances). The blood elf she is friends with, she met at the Magic Academy at Fenris, which is run by the Kirin Tor - a neutral faction that enforces neutrality on their grounds - which is also the faction she aligns herself with now. This is the extent of my crossfaction tolerance RP. Is it harmful to the server?
This is a topic that gets discussed a lot which is great, but like Moose said you do not need to create a new thread every time you come across it. It just creates drama because the other party involved comes on and looks at the thread, then jumps in and look we have drama, which is somewhat apparent in this thread. Take a screenshot and submit it if you feel it is causing harm to the server, sadly though people will RP while bending things a little to their needs. It's like our speed limit, we can post pretty reflective signs until our fingers bleed and fall off, but that sure as heck isn't going to keep every car doing 65 in a 65.

"The potential of these lands has yet to be seized." -Taelyn Sunwing
This is a topic that gets discussed a lot which is great, but like Moose said you do not need to create a new thread every time you come across it. It just creates drama because the other party involved comes on and looks at the thread, then jumps in and look we have drama, which is somewhat apparent in this thread. Take a screenshot and submit it if you feel it is causing harm to the server, sadly though people will RP while bending things a little to their needs. It's like our speed limit, we can post pretty reflective signs until our fingers bleed and fall off, but that sure as heck isn't going to keep every car doing 65 in a 65.

"The potential of these lands has yet to be seized." -Taelyn Sunwing
I'm sticking to my opinion that factions can hang out ignoring politics but crossing the boundaries of species would be pervy. Flirting, sure, why not? Certain courtship rituals are similar no matter the race.. but like.. going further should be considered by the two members of differing species the same way we as humans would react to someone crossing those same lines.

So which is it we're debating here exactly? Bed chambers or political views? Crossing the former; No! but crossing the latter; Sure. It isn't the same thing by a long shot.

I like cute kitties to cuddle with and all but not "that" way. Belf on nelf action should result in the same general reaction, shouldn't it? If they're hanging out, no big deal, that's crossing political lines which isn't that terrible.

I mean.. I like certain people from Iraq I've met on the internet and I'm from the US, technically there's a faction difference there too.
"In your world, power is determined by who has the biggest bombs. In my world, power is determined by yahtzee skills and who has the cutest kitty quote. Which is really the sane one?"
I'm sticking to my opinion that factions can hang out ignoring politics but crossing the boundaries of species would be pervy. Flirting, sure, why not? Certain courtship rituals are similar no matter the race.. but like.. going further should be considered by the two members of differing species the same way we as humans would react to someone crossing those same lines.

So which is it we're debating here exactly? Bed chambers or political views? Crossing the former; No! but crossing the latter; Sure. It isn't the same thing by a long shot.

I like cute kitties to cuddle with and all but not "that" way. Belf on nelf action should result in the same general reaction, shouldn't it? If they're hanging out, no big deal, that's crossing political lines which isn't that terrible.

I mean.. I like certain people from Iraq I've met on the internet and I'm from the US, technically there's a faction difference there too.
"In your world, power is determined by who has the biggest bombs. In my world, power is determined by yahtzee skills and who has the cutest kitty quote. Which is really the sane one?"
Ah, heh. This wasn't directed at anyone, freelight. But, again, my opinion is based on this; when do people stop being the "exception", and start being the norm? The answer is, when most people have at -least- one super tolerant character. That's quite a few characters.

Now, with that in mind...how often should this actually happen? Truth be told, almost never. If there isn't an inheraent hate instilled in your character, they'd at least be intelligent enough to realize that yes, they could be murdered by their -own kind- for those types of relationships.

As a matter of a fact, it's been said many, many times... do those kinds of intereactions on your own IC risk, as if it become publicly known, you could be imprisoned or worse.

Edit: As for roleplaying them... they'd have to ICly be aware they could be seen as treacherous for those interactions.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Ah, heh. This wasn't directed at anyone, freelight. But, again, my opinion is based on this; when do people stop being the "exception", and start being the norm? The answer is, when most people have at -least- one super tolerant character. That's quite a few characters.

Now, with that in mind...how often should this actually happen? Truth be told, almost never. If there isn't an inheraent hate instilled in your character, they'd at least be intelligent enough to realize that yes, they could be murdered by their -own kind- for those types of relationships.

As a matter of a fact, it's been said many, many times... do those kinds of intereactions on your own IC risk, as if it become publicly known, you could be imprisoned or worse.

Edit: As for roleplaying them... they'd have to ICly be aware they could be seen as treacherous for those interactions.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:Ah, heh. This wasn't directed at anyone, freelight. But, again, my opinion is based on this; when do people stop being the "exception", and start being the norm? The answer is, when most people have at -least- one super tolerant character. That's quite a few characters.

Oh, absolutely. These interactions absolutely carry great potential risk of being branded "traitor", and my character is fully aware of this. (She doesn't like it and ICly wants to work against this, but accepts it as a sad fact of life.) The only place she is openly friendly crossfaction is on neutral (Kirin Tor) grounds. She tries not to be seen traveling with a blood elf for reasons of self-preservation.