The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A startling sight.
Piken Wrote:...unless they raised themselves in the woods away from all, they would take on the racial hates...

And if people would take the time to read Shindelor's Profile, that is EXACTLY how he was raised....

And yea he actually distrusts all people, even people of his own race. He distrusts them not because of their race, but that most of the wall themselves up in cities. However as much as he distrusts people, he doesn't go out of way to avoid them, he may be shy when around them, but doesn't avoid them.

Also the only reason he hangs out with this ONE night elf is because they realized they actually have a lot in common with each other. He still distrusts night elves but this one is an exception because of what he learned about her. In fact the only reason they even talked to each other was because they had a mutual contact, who now, both of them both pretty much dislike.

What Im trying to say is, when you see this kind of things happen, maybe you shouldn't just be thinking oh, this shouldn't be happening; but think maybe there is a reason why these two are together. The way it sounds it seems like you are all just assuming that because theyre with one person of a particular race, they must like ALL of that race, which sometimes its not the case.

Piken Wrote:...unless they raised themselves in the woods away from all, they would take on the racial hates...

And if people would take the time to read Shindelor's Profile, that is EXACTLY how he was raised....

And yea he actually distrusts all people, even people of his own race. He distrusts them not because of their race, but that most of the wall themselves up in cities. However as much as he distrusts people, he doesn't go out of way to avoid them, he may be shy when around them, but doesn't avoid them.

Also the only reason he hangs out with this ONE night elf is because they realized they actually have a lot in common with each other. He still distrusts night elves but this one is an exception because of what he learned about her. In fact the only reason they even talked to each other was because they had a mutual contact, who now, both of them both pretty much dislike.

What Im trying to say is, when you see this kind of things happen, maybe you shouldn't just be thinking oh, this shouldn't be happening; but think maybe there is a reason why these two are together. The way it sounds it seems like you are all just assuming that because theyre with one person of a particular race, they must like ALL of that race, which sometimes its not the case.

I personally believe it to be a cop-out answer, but I won't just soot out and attack you like that. Thing is, they're polar opposites in the Elf world. The NElves would view and BElf as a fel-sucking evil mutant. There's just... So much hostility there. Not to mention, risk for it.

The ground of this thread has been trodden to death. The point is, it is possible for a BElf and a NElf to be friends or more... But prepare to suffer any consequences that might rain down upon ye.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
I personally believe it to be a cop-out answer, but I won't just soot out and attack you like that. Thing is, they're polar opposites in the Elf world. The NElves would view and BElf as a fel-sucking evil mutant. There's just... So much hostility there. Not to mention, risk for it.

The ground of this thread has been trodden to death. The point is, it is possible for a BElf and a NElf to be friends or more... But prepare to suffer any consequences that might rain down upon ye.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Personally, if my belf sees a belf hanging out with one of the "wrong" races, she'll rant and rage and possibly throw things.

Luckily, she never leaves Silvermoon.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
Personally, if my belf sees a belf hanging out with one of the "wrong" races, she'll rant and rage and possibly throw things.

Luckily, she never leaves Silvermoon.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
>.< I promised myself I wouldn't post here.

I skimmed the answers and for the most part I only see two sides to this.

Side A) "Lol u need 2 liek my character cuz if u dont then u dont liek meh and that's just mean!"

Side B) "If my Night Elf sees a Blood Elf, they need to stab them in the face. No exceptions, no mercy."

Side A has no point, but I think everyone saying that a tolerant character is "Lorebreaking" or "being played wrong" needs to take a step back.

Before you get smug, "tolerant side", listen to what I have to say as this means you too.

Now then. I certainly don't like the sheer amount of Blood Elves and Night Elves suddenly getting all chummy, but it needs to be noted that not being "insta-hate" doesn't mean that they love each other, or even close.

Everyone is different, and while there sure as hell better be racial tension, that doesn't mean that differences can only mean "KILL MAIM DESTROY!!!!!1"

I had a better point, but my comp just ate itself and this was all I have from memory.

TL;DR

Nelves should dislike Belves (A lot. So much so that the "Kill, maim etc." response should most certainly be more common and the main response.).
Belves should dislike Nelves (To a lesser degree than the Nelves hate them. There are no living Belves who were alive to remember the War of the Ancients, and they'd only remember that the Nelves kicked them out, but they then build a magical city, progressed their art tenfold, and so on. There isn't the same bad blood aimed at the Nelves as the Night Elves have for them, as most Night Elves still literally remember the War of the Ancients and the Highborne and such.).
Hate is just one degree of dislike, and should be taken into account before we just assume any "civil" RP between the two races is lorebreaking or not played well.

As for any ERP between Nelves and Belves... no. Just no. Not a chance.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
>.< I promised myself I wouldn't post here.

I skimmed the answers and for the most part I only see two sides to this.

Side A) "Lol u need 2 liek my character cuz if u dont then u dont liek meh and that's just mean!"

Side B) "If my Night Elf sees a Blood Elf, they need to stab them in the face. No exceptions, no mercy."

Side A has no point, but I think everyone saying that a tolerant character is "Lorebreaking" or "being played wrong" needs to take a step back.

Before you get smug, "tolerant side", listen to what I have to say as this means you too.

Now then. I certainly don't like the sheer amount of Blood Elves and Night Elves suddenly getting all chummy, but it needs to be noted that not being "insta-hate" doesn't mean that they love each other, or even close.

Everyone is different, and while there sure as hell better be racial tension, that doesn't mean that differences can only mean "KILL MAIM DESTROY!!!!!1"

I had a better point, but my comp just ate itself and this was all I have from memory.

TL;DR

Nelves should dislike Belves (A lot. So much so that the "Kill, maim etc." response should most certainly be more common and the main response.).
Belves should dislike Nelves (To a lesser degree than the Nelves hate them. There are no living Belves who were alive to remember the War of the Ancients, and they'd only remember that the Nelves kicked them out, but they then build a magical city, progressed their art tenfold, and so on. There isn't the same bad blood aimed at the Nelves as the Night Elves have for them, as most Night Elves still literally remember the War of the Ancients and the Highborne and such.).
Hate is just one degree of dislike, and should be taken into account before we just assume any "civil" RP between the two races is lorebreaking or not played well.

As for any ERP between Nelves and Belves... no. Just no. Not a chance.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Monolith Wrote:I personally believe it to be a cop-out answer, but I won't just soot out and attack you like that. Thing is, they're polar opposites in the Elf world. The NElves would view and BElf as a fel-sucking evil mutant...

And that is exactly her first reaction of my character... She wouldn't even talk to him until she overheard him telling someone else of his background. Shin may have the arcane addiction as all blood elves, he feels the hunger, but that doesn't mean he likes arcane magic. His whole life hes been trying to find a way to get rid of it. Which is the reason why the night elf started talking with him.

I'm sick and tired of people just saying, "that's a cop-ou"t, because I see how ironic a statement it is.
Monolith Wrote:I personally believe it to be a cop-out answer, but I won't just soot out and attack you like that. Thing is, they're polar opposites in the Elf world. The NElves would view and BElf as a fel-sucking evil mutant...

And that is exactly her first reaction of my character... She wouldn't even talk to him until she overheard him telling someone else of his background. Shin may have the arcane addiction as all blood elves, he feels the hunger, but that doesn't mean he likes arcane magic. His whole life hes been trying to find a way to get rid of it. Which is the reason why the night elf started talking with him.

I'm sick and tired of people just saying, "that's a cop-ou"t, because I see how ironic a statement it is.
Gaeuvyen Wrote:

Even so, even if not raised by other BElves, even if he hates the arcane.. He is still literally a creature of the arcane. Something NE's hate, and have hated for eons.
Gaeuvyen Wrote:

Even so, even if not raised by other BElves, even if he hates the arcane.. He is still literally a creature of the arcane. Something NE's hate, and have hated for eons.
Hrm, well. I don't know what to say right now, other than certain things are taken into account when we approve, or dissaprove things. I'm not saying that anyone has to go on a homocidal rampage over this, however, two completely opposite races meeting and getting along is odd. It'd take -two- similar minded characters, and that's -rare-.

And, if these relationships were a long, well thought out process that had been worked on rather than... just happening, it wouldn't be quite so odd. Actually, I'd love to see soemthing like this, but planned and actually worked on, instead of just happening in a matter of days or sometimes, hours, like it's Romeo and Juliet.

What I've been trying to say, is that it -is- possible, but not completely probably giving the many negative factors -against- cross faction relationships.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Hrm, well. I don't know what to say right now, other than certain things are taken into account when we approve, or dissaprove things. I'm not saying that anyone has to go on a homocidal rampage over this, however, two completely opposite races meeting and getting along is odd. It'd take -two- similar minded characters, and that's -rare-.

And, if these relationships were a long, well thought out process that had been worked on rather than... just happening, it wouldn't be quite so odd. Actually, I'd love to see soemthing like this, but planned and actually worked on, instead of just happening in a matter of days or sometimes, hours, like it's Romeo and Juliet.

What I've been trying to say, is that it -is- possible, but not completely probably giving the many negative factors -against- cross faction relationships.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Monolith Wrote:
Gaeuvyen Wrote:

And she hates that fact about him. She tells him everytime they talk. She isnt completely all over him. just yesterday he spent an entire day in the ghostlands(where he goes to spend some time alone because its where he lived most of his life and it's in contact with the sunwell so he can calm the addiction). She didnt even want to be near him for the rest of the day, probally won't want to be near him for a little while either. However she still wants him to be free of the addiction, which I think is the main reason she sticks around him. To help him free himself.

Rensin Wrote:Hrm, well. I don't know what to say right now, other than certain things are taken into account when we approve, or dissaprove things. I'm not saying that anyone has to go on a homocidal rampage over this, however, two completely opposite races meeting and getting along is odd. It'd take -two- similar minded characters, and that's -rare-.

I have gone through a long process of working things out. Wrote up my profile and it got approved. Then I met this night elf, and at first he didn't trust her either. However over a period of time we worked things out...well roughed things out, there's still some tension there but its getting better.