The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A startling sight.
Monolith Wrote:
Gaeuvyen Wrote:
Monolith Wrote:I personally believe it to be a cop-out answer, but I won't just soot out and attack you like that. Thing is, they're polar opposites in the Elf world. The NElves would view and BElf as a fel-sucking evil mutant...

And that is exactly her first reaction of my character... She wouldn't even talk to him until she overheard him telling someone else of his background. Shin may have the arcane addiction as all blood elves, he feels the hunger, but that doesn't mean he likes arcane magic. His whole life hes been trying to find a way to get rid of it. Which is the reason why the night elf started talking with him.

I'm sick and tired of people just saying, "that's a cop-ou"t, because I see how ironic a statement it is.
Even so, even if not raised by other BElves, even if he hates the arcane.. He is still literally a creature of the arcane. Something NE's hate, and have hated for eons.

And she hates that fact about him. She tells him everytime they talk. She isnt completely all over him. just yesterday he spent an entire day in the ghostlands(where he goes to spend some time alone because its where he lived most of his life and it's in contact with the sunwell so he can calm the addiction). She didnt even want to be near him for the rest of the day, probally won't want to be near him for a little while either. However she still wants him to be free of the addiction, which I think is the main reason she sticks around him. To help him free himself.

Rensin Wrote:Hrm, well. I don't know what to say right now, other than certain things are taken into account when we approve, or dissaprove things. I'm not saying that anyone has to go on a homocidal rampage over this, however, two completely opposite races meeting and getting along is odd. It'd take -two- similar minded characters, and that's -rare-.

And, if these relationships were a long, well thought out process that had been worked on rather than... just happening, it wouldn't be quite so odd. Actually, I'd love to see soemthing like this, but planned and actually worked on, instead of just happening in a matter of days or sometimes, hours, like it's Romeo and Juliet.

What I've been trying to say, is that it -is- possible, but not completely probably giving the many negative factors -against- cross faction relationships.

I have gone through a long process of working things out. Wrote up my profile and it got approved. Then I met this night elf, and at first he didn't trust her either. However over a period of time we worked things out...well roughed things out, there's still some tension there but its getting better.
May I ask for how long?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

May I ask for how long?

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

H'okay.

Thread isn't about this one guy. If you guys seriously want to debate this more, then quit attacking him. He's given his reasoning, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't possible. It IS possible, and I don't understand why everyone is ganging up on 'im just because it's unconventional. We don't really know how long the RP's been going on, what the parameters are, or anything about the situation besides rumor--so let it drop. If it's really that needed, GMs will investigate it when they get a chance.

You guys want to debate? That's great. Debate about nelves/belves in general, not one guy whom you know nothing about.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
H'okay.

Thread isn't about this one guy. If you guys seriously want to debate this more, then quit attacking him. He's given his reasoning, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't possible. It IS possible, and I don't understand why everyone is ganging up on 'im just because it's unconventional. We don't really know how long the RP's been going on, what the parameters are, or anything about the situation besides rumor--so let it drop. If it's really that needed, GMs will investigate it when they get a chance.

You guys want to debate? That's great. Debate about nelves/belves in general, not one guy whom you know nothing about.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
Ah, I wasn't attempting to single them out, but my point was that I don't see how it could happen in even a matter of weeks. To me, this is something so unique it'd have to be played out for a matter of months, and under some extreme conditions that would need a fair bit of pre-meditation.

In no way am I saying anyone is a bad RPer for this, or trying to single people out, but I'm honestly trying to understand a good reason for this to happen.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Ah, I wasn't attempting to single them out, but my point was that I don't see how it could happen in even a matter of weeks. To me, this is something so unique it'd have to be played out for a matter of months, and under some extreme conditions that would need a fair bit of pre-meditation.

In no way am I saying anyone is a bad RPer for this, or trying to single people out, but I'm honestly trying to understand a good reason for this to happen.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I have several things to say here, so forgive me if this comes off as being all over the place, or repeating too much what another said.

People are taking two extreme positions here, both are incorrect. You have the "Everyone can be buddy buddy and fall in love given the correct circumstances" and the "You must hate the other faction always, and love between enemy races is always wrong."

There are always exceptions. I want to emphasize this first off because it's true. There are lore characters who are exceptions, and exceptions will exist simply because not everyone is going to think the same way. The problem isn't that exceptions exist. The problem is that exceptions are almost always played incorrectly.

There is one situation that I loathe, and it is this particular situation that is the reason I dislike how most people play their "exception" character. It's when their exception character is not afraid of the opinions or hatred of their own kind for their odd beliefs...or, even worse, when someone who is playing their racial hatreds as normal is then *ganged up on by members of his own faction.* NEVER should a Hordie or two be ganged up on by five other Hordies for making an Alliance feel unwelcome in the Barrens. Not only is that TOO convenient, but these Hordies defending the Alliance should be frightened that they'll be labeled traitors. The exact same is also true on the other side.

Exceptions are fine, but they need to be played correctly. There needs to be some real hesitation in expressing that point of view, especially in a public location. I know a lot of people have an aversion to playing the "bad guy" and racism is generally considered "bad," but I'll point out that fantastic racism isn't the same thing as racism IRL. Keep that in mind.

There is one thing somewhat related to this that also grates on my nerves more than anything else, and that's when people don't take into account what their race would consider attractive. It's expressly stated that orcs find humans (and by extension, elves) to be fairly hideous. Now again, exceptions might exist, but if some orc out there has an elf fetish, he's definitely not going to say that out loud in public. He'd be a laughing stock.

People can play exceptions, but they have to be done *right*, or they mess everything up.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I have several things to say here, so forgive me if this comes off as being all over the place, or repeating too much what another said.

People are taking two extreme positions here, both are incorrect. You have the "Everyone can be buddy buddy and fall in love given the correct circumstances" and the "You must hate the other faction always, and love between enemy races is always wrong."

There are always exceptions. I want to emphasize this first off because it's true. There are lore characters who are exceptions, and exceptions will exist simply because not everyone is going to think the same way. The problem isn't that exceptions exist. The problem is that exceptions are almost always played incorrectly.

There is one situation that I loathe, and it is this particular situation that is the reason I dislike how most people play their "exception" character. It's when their exception character is not afraid of the opinions or hatred of their own kind for their odd beliefs...or, even worse, when someone who is playing their racial hatreds as normal is then *ganged up on by members of his own faction.* NEVER should a Hordie or two be ganged up on by five other Hordies for making an Alliance feel unwelcome in the Barrens. Not only is that TOO convenient, but these Hordies defending the Alliance should be frightened that they'll be labeled traitors. The exact same is also true on the other side.

Exceptions are fine, but they need to be played correctly. There needs to be some real hesitation in expressing that point of view, especially in a public location. I know a lot of people have an aversion to playing the "bad guy" and racism is generally considered "bad," but I'll point out that fantastic racism isn't the same thing as racism IRL. Keep that in mind.

There is one thing somewhat related to this that also grates on my nerves more than anything else, and that's when people don't take into account what their race would consider attractive. It's expressly stated that orcs find humans (and by extension, elves) to be fairly hideous. Now again, exceptions might exist, but if some orc out there has an elf fetish, he's definitely not going to say that out loud in public. He'd be a laughing stock.

People can play exceptions, but they have to be done *right*, or they mess everything up.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
That's been pretty much my overall point. It is possible, but to make it probable it needs a plan, and some work. Racial tension here is something that's there, and I'd love these sort of things to happen if that was taken more into consideration.

The best way to say it, is that if you wanna do this, please, by all means do. But put your character in a little more danger with it. Put some feeling behind it, and plan it out a bit.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

That's been pretty much my overall point. It is possible, but to make it probable it needs a plan, and some work. Racial tension here is something that's there, and I'd love these sort of things to happen if that was taken more into consideration.

The best way to say it, is that if you wanna do this, please, by all means do. But put your character in a little more danger with it. Put some feeling behind it, and plan it out a bit.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Yeah, I think Grakor put it pretty much perfectly, I would love to see that kind of roleplay played out on this server and I think it would be a wonderful benefit to CoTH and make the server that much more three dimensional.
[Image: Signature.png]
Yeah, I think Grakor put it pretty much perfectly, I would love to see that kind of roleplay played out on this server and I think it would be a wonderful benefit to CoTH and make the server that much more three dimensional.
[Image: Signature.png]
Agree with Grak. He worded in a way that.. I guess I couldn't. :P /highfive

I'm all for racial tolerance at times, but when it makes sense and when it's actually thought out. Otherwise.. yeah. I don't like it at all. And also I don't like when 80+% of the players in a city are like "STOP BEING RACIST." -against their own faction-. so yeah.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Agree with Grak. He worded in a way that.. I guess I couldn't. :P /highfive

I'm all for racial tolerance at times, but when it makes sense and when it's actually thought out. Otherwise.. yeah. I don't like it at all. And also I don't like when 80+% of the players in a city are like "STOP BEING RACIST." -against their own faction-. so yeah.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)