The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A thread of introduction.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hi, I'm Odin and I've been playing RPGs since Final Fantasy and Zelda on the NES in the early 90s. Later in life I started playing Dungeons and Dragons with my friends. My hobbies include video games and building models. I enjoy a variety of different settings for stories from fantasy to sci-fi and cyberpunk.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from The United States of America. My primary language is English and I have taken numerous years of Spanish in school, but I really don't remember that much of it, heh.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first played Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness, at the time I just thought of it as a fun game with interesting characters that had funny quotes if you clicked on them enough. When Warcraft III came out I became a lot more interested in it with the new races and hero characters which gave a lot more depth to the story.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I was referred by Aldotsk. We were speaking about a warcraft RP game when he told me about this server, so I signed up and here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy almost all kinds of RP, however I generally stay away from ERP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Its hard to pick just one but I would say that my top two would be Human and Blood Elf for race and Mage for class. I enjoy humans because I feel like it is always easy to relate to the humans being that I am one of them. I enjoy the mage class because I feel that mage is not only the epitome of the fantasy setting, but the power to shape the forces of nature through sheer will alone is a tantalizing thought to say the least. Which also brings me to the Blood Elves with their mana addictions, they provide a good analogue for the the corruption of power and the drawbacks of magic.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I have only heard good things about this server, and from what I see in the rules it appears to be a fair and enjoyable place.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rules on NPC abuse appeals to me because it adds a bit of realism to the game. In several D&D games I have witnessed players speaking openly near guards, or even kings in some cases, about murder and kidnapping plots just because they are NPCs.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Wolken had a dream as a young boy, to one day be part of Royal Guard, although many boys dreamed of this but few ever made it. He was from a small town, where not many people lived, and nobody paid attention to the town. His childhood friend Elsa Ahlfmeister always encouraged him to do his best. Wolken never met his father, he left his mother when before he was born, he moved to Stormwind city. However, he left behind a dagger that was passed down through the generations of his family for his son.

When Wolken was a teenager his mother died. He lived at Elsa's house for a time but her family could not support another child on their income, so they wrote a letter to Wolken's father asking him to send money to help pay for his child's existence, along with the first notification of his ex-wife's death. The letter stated they would be happy to take care of Wolken if he would merely send some money to help support him. After several weeks without reply, Wolken's father Virgil showed up to pick up his child. Wolken was taken back to the city, where he was schooled and trained every day.

He joined the town guard as a night job. He applied to join Royal Guard. He was denied for being too young. One night while Wolken was on guard duty, a cart of supplies were coming in from a neighboring town, when a group of bandits attacked it less than half a mile from town. Wolken saw this from his station and told the other guard to get back up while he supported the cart. The cart only had one person on it, they had a cloak on so they could not be identified. While Wolken was fighting off the assailants, one of them came up from behind him and took a great swing with their large axe. At the last second Wolken was able to block it at the cost of his sword. It was snapped in half and Wolken was pushed back as his feet slid along the dirt.

Wolken drew his father's dagger, prepared to defend his life. However, several guards came charging out of the city. This was a fight the bandits knew they could no longer win. They grabbed the wagon driver revealing her face to Wolken. It was Elsa. The bandits ran off with her. Wolken vowed he would find her. The next day he quit the guard and went off to find her.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not that I can think of at this time.
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you’re familiar to the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I’m online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

I'm glad to see you plan to acknowledge the NPCs, and even more-so glad to see that you friend enjoys it here enough to get his friends into it. Well done story as well.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is an Introduction Thread name Servile 1 9,469 02-16-2015, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Kretol
  Introduction Thread of Shandersey! Shandersey 4 2,854 11-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Shandersey
  Felitsa's Very Original Introduction Thread Felitsa 12 2,227 02-25-2014, 05:44 AM
Last Post: Felitsa
  My introduction thread... Malavan 1 897 09-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Zhaei
  The Real Introduction Thread Post Thread Flawless 1 810 10-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin