The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A worthy introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello everyone! As a player, I'm very versatile... While I love PVP and raiding, the one thing that has tied me to this game is RP and social interaction. I am everything you'd expect from a Casual player. I'm the kind of guildie who would always be out helping the lowbies run through Deadmines, or who creates an alt just to play with an old friend.
Having played WoW for years, I have met great friends in this "world", people whom I still talk to after several years. Although WoW is just a game, it's home to great people who get together and form a society of their own! And that's what I love about this game.
I'm currently unable to be as active as I would like in this game, and for this reason, I no longer have an active subscription on retail WoW. Studying, working, and spending time with my family are the top priorities in my life, but I still find an hour here and three hours there, where I honestly miss this game and the great scenarios that come to life only through RP. For some time, I have been searching for a good RP community in private servers, and I have visited many of the most popular, but they aren't what I expected. Yesterday, I came across this website by pure chance and I think this might just become my new home.
I'm looking forward to becoming part of your community, if you'll accept me. Please bear in mind that I won't be able to log on every day.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the U.S., and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have been playing World of Warcraft since Vanilla, I got into the game because my elder brother was always a Blizzard fan, and so I have been playing WC games since I was little more than a child.
My brother created an account for me so that I could play with him and his guild, and that's how it began. I have since been playing this game in-and out, usually through the summer-when I had a lot of free time. Nowadays, as I mentioned, I have more responsibilities, but there's always time for relaxing in front of the PC and participate in epic quests or chat in the Blue Recluse with people as diverse as WoW RPers.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I stumbled upon this server by pure coincidence! I was looking for ideas on how to play as a Wildhammer dwarf in WoW and I found an old thread where someone was requesting GMs to make it possible. Instantly, I thought this was a guild website and that the person was requesting an addon to the Guild Master to change his character model console-wide.
After some investigating, I found out that this is indeed a RP private server, but I was afraid that it was an old, currently inactive server.
To my surprise, you guys are active as ever!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love 'almost' all sorts of RP! From the epic questline to chitchat by a river. From RPing as a mighty wizard to playing as a humble farmer. I admit I still have a lot to learn about RP, but I'm not at all new to it. I love creating new characters that are different from one another, and enjoy the challenge of 'acting' as a totally different person. Of course, all of my characters share some of my personal traits- and that's part of the fun! Instead of a long list that details which kind of RP I like, I will instead mention those which I wouldn't feel comfortable in.
I have little love for ERP or things like "College RP" or "Family RP" that I've very recently come across. (I mean the types of RP where people choose a role, for example- the father of the family, and RP in a similar way to how my niece plays with her dolls. I honestly mean no disrespect if this is the RP you know and love, but I found no other way to properly describe it)
I respect people who favor "adult" RP based on what I read in the server's rulebook... To be done away from the general eye, and to avoid characters like prostitutes created solely for ERP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have had the opportunity to play and RP as all sorts of characters... and that's a really hard choice for me!
After some thinking, I believe that my absolute favorite races are Night Elves and Humans.
First and foremost, Night Elves, because I love their culture, their attitudes, their beliefs... I absolutely love how they used to be godly beings but have recently begun to realize that they are mortals, and are no different than the other races of Azeroth.
Humans, because of how diverse they are, and because lore is very detailed when it comes to them. Think about a conversation between humans of different kingdoms... Let's say we have a representative from Stormwind, one from Stromgarde, from Gilneas, from Lordareon, and even a Mage of the Kirin Tor... They are all going to be very different!
My favorite classes are Paladin, Hunters, and Rogues.
They fit my favorite playing styles OOC, and allow me to have a lot of fun ICly as well.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but i have many expectations for this server. Based on what I've read about you guys, this is THE community for people like me... People who love RP above all other elements in this game, who haven't been able to find what they were looking for in other servers, who know the lore, and have reasonable experience in (or desire to learn about) RP, and above all... who are willing to have a great time!
I've always preferred RP in a guild, because they limit the people who they recruit, because they have a code of conduct and because they are a close group that looks out for each other. Their downfall is that they often follow a strict storyline where not everyone would feel comfortable, or where players would have to create a new character just so they could fit in.

The way I see it, this is the perfect combination... It feels as if I was applying to a guild, but in reality this is a whole server, a close community, but one that provides liberty for you to create your own storyline, but encourages you to keep your feet on the ground even if it is a private server, where you can have "Special Profiles" that help you do special things that the people back at Retail WoW can only dream of.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Rules? I read your rules and fell in love with them! I agree with everything from Respect and Language to Humility and no-godmodding. I also think your rules for IC deaths are pretty neat and efficient.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

My name is Algarod Vale... known in my homeland as the Shepherd’s son.

I am living amongst the people that healed my wounds, and saved my life by risking their own. They have chosen to aid us, even though we suffer for our own mistakes. They respect me, as a person, even though I was too stubborn to respect them. Back home, I was little more than a nobody, but here I am treated as if I was part of their family. Family, did I even know the meaning of family, only a few months ago?

They have allowed me to see sights more beautiful than I ever dreamed were possible. They have filled my belly with great food, and allowed me to train with their own. They have even allowed me to walk beside them as their world breaks apart. I was there to see how their enemies and the forces of Nature itself destroyed their villages and killed their brethren. I only wish I could have seen them in their full splendor, it’s former beauty, and all the glory it deserves.

To say I fought beside them is a terrible overstatement. Their arrows could pierce the eye of a squirrel from a mile away, while my own could barely strike a static target. And yet they respect me, even though I’m too clumsy to walk as silently as they do, even though I’m not wealthy, or handsome, or smart. My debt to them could never be repaid. Albeit being full of dangers and suffering, the world is indeed a wonderful place.

It’s far better to fight in order to live, than to fight in order to hide. It’s a terrible misfortune that my homeland had to perish in order for us to realize, that there’s more to life beyond the wall.

-Algarod Vale, formerly known as the Shepherd’s son

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm still a little confused about how this server works... any help or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Will you guys help me choose on which server to play? I'm aware I may need to create a new topic for this if you guys accept me in the CotH.

I'm going to need some help connecting to the cataclysm server, since the "additional data" for playing the game never really downloaded... i can log in and everything, but I'm stuck in an eternal lag spike and everyone (players and npcs) is "unknown"... chat seems to work fine though.
Hey there, Thunderstone, and welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Make sure to check our rules and policies if you haven't already, or again if you already have! If you need help with creating your first character, check out the Creating a Character section on our wiki and our articles and guides subforum. They're all super useful for getting a feel of our server's roleplay style and chock full of useful information.

Once you get in-game, make sure to /join chat (for general chat and talk) and /join barrens (for banter and fun). If you have any questions, send a message to one of our GMs or Forum Helpers.

There's only one physical server that we have - everyone plays on the same one. Kretol does keep the old WotLK server open, but that's only temporary. Aside from that, if you can't connect to the server, check the Tech Support forum. There's lots of useful info there!

Again, welcome!
Zhaei
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]