The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Achievements, lets make something from it?
Achievements, I heard its useless and we can't use it as it is now for any RP.

But we can get idea to make some usable, good, balanced thing from it for RP.

Only suggestion I have is it could be as an IC experience on various things, and people could etc make a guild and try to make them all or such. But I know that everyone doesn't like to do it.

So I want to hear if we can make something from it, and all of your suggestions.
[Image: irontrooperx.png]
I don't really think we can make something from it, in the RP aspect. I mean, achievements are dependant on game mechanics too much. (I mean, reaching level 10 and completing this or that many quests, what does that mean in roleplay? Nothing.)
Well, there are some pretty cool achievements (Diplomat, Explorer etc) that gives you a nice title and/or cosmetic item. Not sure if it is even possible but maybe they could be used, in the future, for those that RP certain things or maybe someone who has become well known as a an explorer can be granted the explorer title or similar. Connection can be made with the Explorer´s League and the Horde equivalent (if there is one).
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Yeah, you'd be surprised at the possibilities that exist with the title-based achievements. I mean, "Loremaster"?! That just sounds epic and RPalicious!
I think part of the problem is that regardless of how "RPalicious" it is, they're still based on game mechanics. A lot of them don't trigger properly, and it's possible that the requirements for some (like Loremaster, which requires the completion of a certain amount of quests in a certain amount of areas) are broken.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
The quest ones are probably broken, because I've done a lot of quests and it still says that I haven't done even one.

The achievements are probably quite a hard nut to crack as far as scripting goes on private servers am I right?
Achievements themselves cannot be used for Rp I think, however the good old GMs can assign the special titles you can get from them just like all the other titles in the game :) That could possibly be used as a sort of reward for RP actions, etc.
[Image: Signature.png]
Vrahn Wrote:Achievements themselves cannot be used for Rp I think, however the good old GMs can assign the special titles you can get from them just like all the other titles in the game :) That could possibly be used as a sort of reward for RP actions, etc.

That´s what I´ve been talking about!

And it is a great idea if you ask me, who wouldn´t want to be known as [name], the Undying or Explorer [name]?
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Indeed, they have some pretty nice titles :P Just means you need to figure out some method of earning those titles.
[Image: Signature.png]
Different kinds of vouches, maybe!

We could have vouches for gruntification, for earning titles, for special prizes, etc.
Personally, I think titles can only be gained if they do a certain event.

Say for example you killed 50 raptors one day ICly in a competition, you could be labelled as "Raptor Exterminator".

OR, if you want a piss about title, you could just be that same guy who goes to the same shop everyday and buys the same merchandise each time. LOL
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Well, one title that is useful, is the diplomat title, I can see that being in demand.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
In high demand, yes. Practical, probably not. We have been very discouraged with how people used the diplomat/emissary/ambassador titles in the past, and we'd like to hold off on that until we either find a system that works or feel that people wouldn't use the title simply as a free pass to go to an opposing faction's city and act as though they belong there.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Make it a kinda prestige thing, for the more experienced players, like Grunts and above.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!