The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Addon button doesn't exist?
I recently attempted to install GHI, but I've hit a bit of a snag....namely, upon logging on and getting to the character selection screen, there is no Addon button.

I can remedy this by running WoW as Administrator (Vista) and I never had this problem back when I played retail oddly enough. However, when I play the game in retail, GHI isn't even in the addon list....but instead, I get odd choices like UIBlizzard_GMChat, among others.

Any idea what's going on here?
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I'm not particularly sure... do you keep your cache clear?
Ayup.
I've no idea then. Does anyone with more technological savvy know?
Hm. The most common problem I saw with addons and Vista was installing it correctly:
When you unzipped it, did you move the internal files directly into the addon folder instead of
the whole unzipped file? By internal files I mean the ones that show when you open the unzipped file.
"Everybody sees what you appear to be, few feel what you are..."
-Niccolò Machiavelli
Tried that, but no dice. Thanks anyway.
What is the exact path of your Addons folder?
[Image: divider1.png][Image: char1hidden.png][Image: divider2.png][Image: animated.gif][Image: divider3.png][Image: char3hidden.png][Image: divider4.png][Image: char4hidden.png][Image: divider5.png][Image: char5hidden.png][Image: divider6.png]
Email at Hero_Lief@yahoo.
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\enUS\Interface\Addons , Currently.

Though I have also tried dumping the damn thing in various places in the WoW Folder.

NOTE: While running WoW In Admin mode on Vista, I can access the button, but my mods aren't there...

Instead I get:

Blizzard Arena UI
Blizzard Auction UI
Blizzard Barber UI
Ect, Ect, Ect.
World of Warcraft/Data/EnUS/Interface/Addons?
It should simply be
World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons

There's your problem right there.
[Image: divider1.png][Image: char1hidden.png][Image: divider2.png][Image: animated.gif][Image: divider3.png][Image: char3hidden.png][Image: divider4.png][Image: char4hidden.png][Image: divider5.png][Image: char5hidden.png][Image: divider6.png]
Email at Hero_Lief@yahoo.
I gave that a shot in admin mode and normal Hero. No dice. The addons don't appear in Admin, the damn button still doesn't appear in normal. Thanks though.
Default paths for addons:

Windows XP "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"
Vista "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"
Machintosh "Machintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns"
Well... you could always download the curse client and use that to install and manage all your addons :D It doesn't take up much space, and makes life easier, haha. I had the same problem as you, the Addons folder wasn't there, and you can't just make an Addons file, so... use Curse ^^
Well, after extensive looking about, screaming at Vista, and tears, I was able to get things to work. Thanks Kretol, and everyone else!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISP Doesn't like our Mac torrent SachikoMaeda 3 1,551 11-06-2014, 03:34 AM
Last Post: Sorum
  RP Addon problems Hyenasaurus 0 872 12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Hyenasaurus
  Weapons Don't Exist.. For too long Bingles 16 2,624 07-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Jaella
  Does my account exist? Ricochet 6 1,117 10-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Last Post: ToxicFrozt
  Updated custom item displayID fixer addon Kretol 10 4,197 07-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Kretol