The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Allow myself to introduce... myself
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I love gaming of all kinds, but RPGs and RTS games are my absolute favorite. I have been playing Warcraft since the first one game out on my little Windows 95 desktop computer (it had a floppy drive!) and haven't stopped since. My older brothers and I all played every Blizzard game growing up, and their games were essentially our babysitters. Been hooked ever since. When WoW came out, it wasn't my first MMORPG (Everquest, anyone?) but it's definitely been my favorite and the biggest time-sink for me over the years.

As for roleplaying, I got my start on the Neopets forums (hilarious, I know). I always loved to read and write as a kid and as my skills grew and I got older, it evolved and moved on from there, thankfully. In almost any game that has given me the opportunity, I've roleplayed. I love creating and developing characters, I love building relationships and storylines. That's why I've been doing it for 15 years and counting I suppose.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm Canadian, so I speak Canadian English (which is very polite English, you see). Also funny words. Don't mind my occasional use of the word "chesterfield" or how I spell the word "colour", eh?

How did you get into Warcraft?:

As mentioned above, I've played every Blizzard game since Warcraft I was a thing, and had already tried my hand at MMORPGS when WoW came out. I decided it looked fantastic, and so I signed up with my friend. I've been playing it on and off ever since.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I had a friend who used to play on this server back about 2-3 years ago. I have gotten tired of the official RP servers that don't really offer much quality roleplay anymore unless you're looking to spend the night with a half-draenei-half-blood elf-half-dragon-half-demon ladyboy, if you pardon my crudeness. I was looking for something more tight-knit and RP-oriented, something that focused more on quality than quantity, and cut out some of that superfluous silliness that other servers have. So when she recommended you guys, I had a look at some of the profiles and introductions, and found the maturity and quality of writing was great and exceeded anything I'd seen on my old WoW servers. I think the tone and feel of this server seemed just the right fit, perfect for what I was looking for.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I love all kinds of RP, but mostly I love something that's long-lived and built/sustained over time. The huge story arc involving tons of people and tons of detail. My particular favorite was the establishment and growth of two warring factions over a period of time, and having the factions come to blows before they each splintered and crumbled. Adventures, warring clans, epic quests, all the kinds of stuff that makes you feel like you're in charge of one character in a massive, diverse, in-depth, and epic fantasy book. Stuff that really allows your characters to grow as people and flourish, and that leave them changed when all is said and done.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race in WoW lore are the Night Elves. I don't think I'd ever play one, because I don't feel I'd be able to do a thousand-something-year-old being justice, but I love their massive history and that as a people they are portrayed as perfect, incredibly wise, and in symbiosis with the world around them, but they have a flawed quality to them that still somehow makes them human. They've single-handedly influenced the course of history and brought the world to destruction, but they've also saved it from obliteration and redeemed themselves. It's a kind of duality I find interesting.

I think my favorite race to play are the Tauren. I love their nature-based culture and their respect for the earth and how that influences all that they do. I've also always found Native American culture to be very interesting, and that's probably why they appeal to me as well. I loved them in WC3, and I love them in WoW.

My favorite class are probably the Beastmasters like Rexxar, or Shadow Hunters. I just find them both super fascinating. For playable classes, though, I'd probably say that Paladins or Druids are my favorites. I love the lore behind the Druids and their balanced, naturalistic, "keepers of the earth" kind of approach (though I'm not sure I buy Troll druids yet, really). I love Paladins because they're the archetypal virtuous upholders of the law and defenders of the weak, and their history, especially how different types of Paladins have developed within the different races throughout history is very neat (eg. Humans and the Silver Hand, Draenei Vindicators, Tauren Sunwalkers, etc).

I probably thought way more into this than I needed to. Grin2

What are your expectations of this server?:

I hope to find a mature and respectful community that is passionate about roleplaying and wants to indulge in amazing storytelling as much as I do. I want to be able to bring what I can offer to current storylines and characters and encourage the beginnings of new stories that are exciting and fun. I hope you guys are as welcoming as you seem and as awesome as I think you are.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I love the "Knowing When to Quit" portion. The rest is stuff that I totally agree with and expected to be in the rules here, but that portion in particular stuck out to me as something you wouldn't necessarily see everywhere that I think is important to keep in mind as a roleplayer. Just because your character is mean to somebody doesn't mean that they hate you, and sometimes it can be hard to handle storylines that are particularly rough and gritty. But keeping a seperation between OOC and IC is so important to your sanity and to the integrity of the stories we take part in and I'm so glad you guys mentioned it in your rules.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Hope to do this soon, but not yet!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'm excited! Are you excited? Let's tell stories together.
Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Ariadne!

What was the username of that friend that had referred you here? Maybe a few of us know 'em!

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here! (We're excited.)
(09-30-2013, 03:34 PM)Rini Wrote: Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Ariadne!

What was the username of that friend that had referred you here? Maybe a few of us know 'em!

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here! (We're excited.)

Her login name was Eliana if I recall correctly. Not sure of the names of the characters she played. Thanks for the welcome!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allow me to introduce myself! Overseer Krotok 5 1,335 06-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Allow me to introduce myself... :3 sageforfail 3 848 01-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Allow me to introduce myself Mathghamhain 1 653 01-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Dotsy
  Hello there, let me introduce myself... alfredwiggleby 1 778 07-01-2011, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Delta
  I'd like to introduce you to Shaylaru Shaylaru 0 685 11-07-2009, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Shaylaru