The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Alraina's introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been writing since I was eleven years old when I was given some odd writing contraption that literally had a screen that was probably about a finger's length (three inches, maybe). Before that I already loved to read, and so it expanded my horizons and allowed me to create my own realities, where anything was possible, and yet nothing was probable.

I love character development, and a good story is something I'm always searching for! I also enjoy acting and do a bit of theater (although not so much lately as I'm trying to gear up to go back to college). At the moment I'm learning how to play the guitar as I enjoy singing. My other love is tattoos (I just got my gay pride one on the back of my right shoulder, and I love it)! That's all you need to really know about me for now!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in Russia, but I live in the United States, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I didn't. Warcraft got into me. Joking aside, I think I saw some ad for it and gave it a try (that is, World of Warcraft, not the Warcraft RTS series). I didn't quite like it at the time (I tried World of Warcraft when Cataclysm had just come out as an expansion). I remember I hated the guilds in World of Warcraft.

You see, I'd never played a game where guilds had literally thousands of members in them. It felt more like I was just speaking in another world chat, not a guild chat where I could talk to the same people every day, and make lasting online friendships. Guilds to me make you feel like you're apart of something. World of Warcraft's guilds never made me feel that way... That is until I started playing on private servers where often times guilds were smaller affairs.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Someone on another private server told me about this server because I was very bummed out by the lack of an RP community on that particular private server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Paragraph style is pretty much what I usually stick to (unless I've had a long day and am just too pooped to be able to do anything but script style, also known as casual style).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
For a class it's always been the mage because who doesn't like having the ability to conjure up a little bit of elemental chaos? As for a race, I suppose it'd have to be the Night Elves because they are not really the normal, stereotypical looking elves that are usually so prevalent in gaming.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Really, I'm just looking to make some friends and to roleplay. I'm not very picky, I promise.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Just the general rules that from what I've seen, make sure to keep in-game as ultimate of a roleplay experience as possible! Especially the stricter in-game chat rules.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Yes, I'd be glad to give it a go (even though I'm not exactly sure what this curtails).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Driving into the night, a tickling oil smell teased my senses, like a distant memory that I longed to grab ahold of, but just couldn't quite reach. I'd just left the gas station after pumping my neon red car with some much needed fuel, and if you hadn't noticed by my odd fixation, the smell of gasoline was one of my favorites. They reminded me of a man who had been a mechanic. "Had been" as in, no more, gone, done, and dead. Such is life.

My green eyes peered out into the darkness as I drove, my sharp features twisting into a slight frown as I tried not to fixate on the moon and stars. They called to me. Singing their ancient songs that not many could hear. The lonely sadness I felt as that song filled me was almost unbearable, and yet... I wanted to hear more. To dance among the pitch-black sky, burning brightly and looking down upon an insignificant world and feel that fiery jealousness that they felt as they sat in the quietness of space.

Jealousy for the ones who were still one with Mother Gaia. Jealousy for the lives that they lived, and for the experiences that they had had. For the different types of people they had met, and the strange foods that they had tasted. Jealousy for me.

I had experienced it all though. And I was tired. Tired and lonely. Everyone I had ever known had gone by now. Living so long had grown to be a curse more than the blessing that it had originally meant to be.

Maybe it's time... Not sure how much longer I can keep this up.

I fought the decision over in my mind, but I already knew. I had known that very morning when I had woken. Some of us just know. I'm one of the lucky ones... I think.

No, I can't doubt. It's decided.

My car came to a halt, and I got out, leaving the keys on the seat as I slammed the door behind me. I wouldn't be needing those anymore. Not for where I was going. My ebony hair blew all around as the wind caressed it lovingly, and I breathed a tearful thanks to the Mother Gaia as I felt a whispery kiss planted upon my right cheek.

My heels clicked upon the pavement before reaching smalls stairs that led up to a little outlook that allowed tourists to view the rising or setting of the sun... Or in my case, the shining stars. I made my way up the stairs and walked across the wooden outlook, coming to a final pause as I leaned against the railing. Looking up wistfully, I allowed the cold music to wash over me. The cold, cold stars looked down upon me with urgent need, and I back up at them with the same urgency.

"Are you sure about this?"

A man's voice interrupted me, and my head snapped back at a tall stranger whose light blue eyes peered at me with slight worry. His scruffy brown hair swept back at the wind as he stepped forward to put a hand on my shoulder. "Once you go there is no returning, so I'll ask again, are you sure about this? Some as I'm sure you've heard, come to regret their choice."

"Yes, it's time. I've lived over a thousand years, seen nations rise and fall, I've known joy, and I've known sadness too, but now all that fills me is this empty longing. Longing for release from the Earth... And the Mother has already given her blessing, sealing it with a kiss. I am at peace with my decision."

"We can ask nothing more then... Go and be with the others. You are the last one, so my work will now be done too."

Nodding to the vanishing figure of Dis Pater, God of Death, I turned back to the stars and the song burst forth, stronger than before, stronger than I had ever heard it. That coldness, filling my very soul until I felt as if I were floating, floating away from everything that I had ever known, away from memories that haunted even my nightmares, and away from a lonely and uncaring world that I no longer knew. I felt all these things, and I cried, and I laughed, hollering in delight, and then I saw nothing. And I felt nothing. Nothing but the song. My brothers and sisters hummed their song... And this time I joined them.

A new star shone brightly in the sky. Right near the milky way, it had just appeared there one night, puzzling astrologists all over. There hadn't been such a phenomenon in at least a thousand years...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, I think I'm all well and dandy for now!
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Alraina has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello there, Alraina! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Hm? Someone on another server? Which server did you come from, if I may ask? Just curious, really!

I'm glad to hear you're interested in the mentor program, as well. It's undergoing transition at this time, but you'll be contacted ASAP by your assigned mentor. :)

Do you have Skype? If so, you should check out this thread! Feel free to add my Skype (loxmardin) as well, if you want to chat, ask questions or have me add you to the official CotH Skype Group, manually!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under. Also, take a look at this announcement about the .LFRP command! It's totally useful!

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them. Don't forget to "/join Chat" for general chatter, "/join Barrens" for general randomness and more spammy chatter in-game!

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin
(11-25-2014, 10:47 AM)Loxmardin Wrote: Hello there, Alraina! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Hm? Someone on another server? Which server did you come from, if I may ask? Just curious, really!

I'm glad to hear you're interested in the mentor program, as well. It's undergoing transition at this time, but you'll be contacted ASAP by your assigned mentor. :)

Do you have Skype? If so, you should check out this thread! Feel free to add my Skype (loxmardin) as well, if you want to chat, ask questions or have me add you to the official CotH Skype Group, manually!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under. Also, take a look at this announcement about the .LFRP command! It's totally useful!

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them. Don't forget to "/join Chat" for general chatter, "/join Barrens" for general randomness and more spammy chatter in-game!

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin
The server was Molten, and yes, I do have Skype! I'll be sure to add you (it will have to be in a while, as I have to go and help a friend do some cleanup as she gets ready to move). Thank you for the links, I'll go and give them a peek.