The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

An Introductory Note
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Firstly, hello everyone. My name is Matthew. Personally, I love video games that extend a welcoming hand to those with an aspiration for role-play. I have been role-playing in games since Jedi Outcast came out, and it was there that I actually began my in-game RPing experience. Prior to that, I have been Rping on text-based sites for since as long as I can remember. I have been an Admin to both RP servers and RP sites alike, providing direction, counsel, and story help where needed.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in the United States and my primary language is English. Currently learning both German and Italian right now through Rosetta Stone.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have been playing Warcraft since its original release, though I vaguely remember the first one. My love for it really began when I played Warcraft II, and even more-so with Warcraft III. In fact, I am on my 8th play-through of Warcraft III right now. Personally, there has always been something about the Warcraft Lore that really drew me in and the characters I have come to create for it fit in perfectly.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was looked for a wonderful Rp server and this was the first one I found. I have a strong belief that you should always go with your first gut choice and this was it. I enjoy the professionalism of the setup on the forums and hope to see the same on the server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I have been doing all kinds of roleplay for most of my life for many different games, anime, and original pieces. Though, I'm not one for the intimate types.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favorite race would have to be Night Elf. Favorite class would definitely be Death Knight, with Druid right behind it. I've always liked the set-up of the Night Elves since playing Warcraft 3, as well as the story behind them. In terms of the Death Knight, I have always been a huge fan of characters based around Necromancy, as I play one very well by my standards and others as well. The Death Knight answers that calling quite well, while expanding in to other areas of combat, making it very enjoyable.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to grow even more-so than I already have over the years and find a new community that I can grow close to and enjoy some great times with.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I have a low tolerance for abuse, both in terms of verbal and in terms of power. The rules set in place for harassment, as well as for power-gaming and meta-gaming appeal to me as I enforced them greatly in the past.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I would like to display a piece I made in the past. Please enjoy.

Quote:Kain was born to the young couple, Nihlus and Adena Tremere back during the winter of February 10, 1987. The storm was harsh and power to the Hospital was barely running on its generators. You could overhear doctors talking to each other about how it was one of the harshest storms they’ve have since ’78. Adena was in labor for nearly a day, and monitors were roaring all different sounds, for the heartbeat, and to monitor the baby’s health. Nihlus held her hand tightly, with a heartwarming reassurance that everything was going to be okay. Amidst all the chaos caused by the storm, he held no fear of it. The only thing that concerned him was his wife’s health, as well as their yet unborn child. 

“Sir, we need to speak to you privately for a moment. If you wouldn’t mind, could you step out of the room just briefly, please? We’d like to ask you a few questions.”

The doctor came over and requested Nihlus to step outside with him. A spike of concern began to rise within the young man. What was he going to ask? A number of questions went through his head before the doctor broke the silent stare. 

“First, we would just like to congratulate you on your road to becoming a Father. It’s not easy these days with the current economy. However, to the more pressing matter... It’s concerning the health of both your baby and your wife. For a reason we can’t explain, there seems to be a lot of pressure pushing outward. Your wife’s health could very well be in danger.”

Nihlus’ eyes widened largely and nearly shouted at the doctor, to where Adena could barely make out what they were saying.

“What are you talking about?! You were just congratulating me and went to this? What do you mean danger? Could she die?!”

Trying to remain in a calm and professional composure, the doctor couldn’t help but show a sense of sympathy. He fixed his rounded glasses with their thin frame, pushing them up the bridge of his nose and calmly tried to answer.

“Unfortunately, sir… We do not yet know the severity of the situation. The worst case scenario is, yes, her life could be in danger.”

Nihlus’ fist clenched and he immediately turned around to head back in to the room. A normally calm man had a rage burning within him. The mere thought of losing his wife or his son was terrifying and enraging. He snapped his head back to the doctor with a piercing gaze. To the doctor’s surprise, when Nihlus turned, his eyes flashed a glowing violet hue for a split moment and faded. The doctor froze for a moment before walking off to the nurse’s station to commiserate with the associate nurses. 

The young man walked in to the room to be at his wife’s side. An hour passed as she held a concerned look, but didn’t say anything. She finally cracked and exclaimed in a worrisome tone;

“Am I going to die?”

The entire mood of the room suddenly became cold and dark. Nihlus froze in his chair with a stare as he gazed toward the ground in the rocking chair. His rocking halted just as the words left her mouth, freezing in terror. He had been trying to remove the thought from his mind. Looking over to his wife, he noticed a single tear watering down Adena’s face. It was a morbid moment. Hesitantly, he moved his hands from his face and looked to his wife. As her husband, it was his job to provide security and see to her well-being. He was supposed to reassure her that everything was going to be okay, and mean it. Yet, he could barely bring himself to speak about the matter.

“I…No. You’re going to be fine. The doctor just-…”

Before he could finish his sentence, she cut him off in a desperate manner. She wanted an answer. She didn’t want the run-around.

“Tell me the truth! *Cough*. Am I going to die? What about the baby? Is he going to be okay?”

He wasn’t prepared to answer those questions. Just as he was about to, the doctor came in the room followed by two nurses. Right after them, an additional aide came in with a surgeon table, topped with several surgery tools. Immediately, they both thought the worst. However, the doctor managed to shed a little bit of light on to the situation at the perfect moment.

“No need to get hasty. I actually have some good news to shed. We’ve determined that your body is rejecting the labor, in a sense. Normally, I preferably advise against provoking labor and forcibly breaking the water. However, in your case- I’m going to put my personal preference aside. I need to make you aware, because this is ultimately your decision. Mrs. Tremere, if we don’t get this baby out of you, your health will very well be in danger. From the tests that we’ve run, you have a very healthy baby boy, but in the least amount of words- he wants out. The baby is beginning to reject your body, which can be very risky for both you and your baby. With your permission, I would like to proceed.”

Nihlus looked to his wife, expecting her hesitant response. Yet, she sounded reassured by the doctor from his honestly and upfront ability to solve the issue.

“If the baby is going to be okay, then yes. Please. I do not want to risk him in any way.”

With that, the doctor immediately prepared the necessary tools and first began the epidural injection in to her spine. 

“We are going to begin with the epidural to assist in making the labor easier. Just to inform you, we are going to try to continue with your childbirth, but if a cause for concern arises, we will have to move to a cesarean.”

Within moments, the procedure began. Nihlus held her hand tightly as they literally pushed through the procedure. Within a couple of hours, a healthy baby was born with minimal issue. The first cry of the baby was the most comforting sounds the parents had heard all day. They were overjoyed, but only for a moment. Just as the doctor was about to congratulate them, he looked at the baby, whom had opened his eyes, which is rare for a baby to do after just being born due to the light sensitivity. Yet, when they opened, he saw the same flash of light glowing in his eyes that he had seen in Nihlus, yet this glow was white instead of violet. The doctor, having questions about this, decided to hide it from the baby’s parents.

“Now, once we are all situated, we are going to have you moved up to the maternity ward and have the baby put in to one of the isolation chambers with us to check his health.”

Nihlus immediately grew concerned. Isolation chamber? A baby? He’s been to hospitals before for his nephew and niece, and they never said anything about this before. He didn’t feel comfortable about it.

“Excuse me? Isolation chamber? The tests are usually done from the med-bay across from the room from where she will be. What is going on here? You gave my son a strange look a moment ago right before saying that.”

The doctor tried to play innocent. His aids began to try to put the baby on the bassinette table to be wheeled upstairs. Adena began to panic because she had gone numb from the birth and the combination of the drugs and epidural. She just gave Nihlus a look and he knew, as if he could hear her thoughts. Yet, that wasn’t what surprised him. He wasn’t the only one that could hear them.

“Sir, I understand your frustration, but this is standard hospital procedure. We need to have it moved upstairs for examination immediately. Now, if you would please-!”

Nihlus immediately rushed in to try and take his son back, but upon doing so was stopped by the doctor.

“Why did you just refer to my son as an it?! Examination? What is this bullshit?! I demand an answer!”

The doctor had come close to his rope. His façade had been fading.

“Your son is a danger to society! An abomination! As are you! I know what you are… You are filth. Mutations of our gene pool. We will seek a way to cure your son. If we cannot, then we will have to take drastic measures to ensure the safety of everyone here.”

In an explosive outrage, Nihlus’ fist clenched as he moved to strike the doctor. The sudden change of energy in the room began to upset baby Kain. He let out a cry immediately as the table was knocked against the wall with him still inside it. The nurses moved to try to bring it upstairs, but were halted by Nihlus as he pushed the doctor in to the glass cabinet across from him. Just as he reached out for Kain, one of the nurses grabbed a knife and moved to stab the baby. The room halted entirely. Everyone froze in place. Kain’s eyes shot open and that same white glow emanated from them once more. The knife had stopped mere centimeters from his gut, before the nurse was forcibly pushed back with a great amount of force, in to the cabinet as well. The impact was enough to shatter the glass cabinet and force it to collapse on her. 

Nihlus looked in shock. He had no idea what was going on. Then he realized the baby heard what Adena said as well. “Do not let anything happen to our son!” she exclaimed within her mind. This was real. This wasn’t some fiction novel. Everything Nihlus had read about Mutants existing, it was real. Yet, for them to exhibit their ability just after birth, that seemed crazy to him. Kain’s eyes stopped glowing and immediately, he began crying. For a baby mutant, that was too much all at once. 

The doctor tried to lift himself from the floor, but realized a shard of glass from the broken cabinet lodged in to his mid-section. He knew it best not to move. This gave Nihlus the chance to grab Kain and his wife. Only a short time had passed since she had given birth, and Adena was entirely drained. At this time, she was still hooked up the heart monitor, which at this point had been monitoring her own heart. Nihlus moved to grab her bed when he noticed a sudden drop in her heart rate. The most concerning part was that it continued to drop. 

“B-babe? Hey. Hey! Come on now. Don’t you start giving up on me! I need you.”

Twitching mildly in her bed, Adena turned to Nihlus and tried to form a smile. Yet, before she was able- her heart had given out. The internal damage that Kain had caused was far too great for her to recover from, mixed with the trauma of the recent events. Franticly, he tried to shake his wife awake. His eyes twitched as tears ran down his face. His entire life had flashed before his eyes as he watched his wife pass. Mortified, he did the only thing he could think of. Nihlus turned to face the doctor and with a burning rage, his eyes flared up again. This time, the glow burned brighter and stayed. Tossing his arm toward the doctor, a flame erupted in his hand. His mutant gene began to finally manifest itself consciously. Nihlus was gifted with Pyrokinesis. The doctor screamed in agony as he became engulfed in flames. He was fueled by pure, unbridled rage at the loss of his wife. He completely burned the doctor and his aids alive. It was mayhem. The entire room began to catch fire as he had little control over his newly discovered power. Only when the cries of Kain broke through his rage, did he manage to calm himself. 

“That’s right”, he thought to himself. Adena lived on through their son. He would prove himself by raising Kain to be a great man, and so he did… Certain milestones in Kain’s life had shaped him in to the man he is today. At the age of eight, Kain had already begun exhibiting control over his mutant powers. A white psionic light emanated from him as he moved objects around his room. He held no shame of his powers. Since he was young, he had exhibited a superior intellect, which his father deemed a gift from his psionic powers. For two years, Kain tried to learn how to use his powers in new ways. However, one day, he learned the danger of his powers the hard way…

In an event where the young mutant tried to learn to bounce his powers off of surfaces through precise means, he managed to bounce a powerful psionic blast in a warehouse where he trained. At first, he saw himself successful. However, he neglected to see the blast come back at him and he was hit directly in the head by his own blast. The psionic shock to his brain caused the synaptic nerve in his brain to go berserk. The neurotransmitters sent out random messages which caused him to release a massive shockwave of telekinetic energy that leveled the first floor of the warehouse. The debris collapsed down on top of him, but he managed to survive. The mental trauma he had received was far beyond anything the human mind would ever be capable of withstanding. However, it looks like he was not meant to die just yet. 

“Argh..”

He awoke in an unfamiliar location. He was in what looked like a bunker. He his torso was bandaged up and he was hooked up to a strange machine. As he tried to move, he felt his head twitch with a migraine and immediately fell back in to a laying position. Just as he fell back, a middle-aged woman walked through the iron door at the sound of him awake.

“Ah. E’ sees ye’ve finally awoken. Ye’ve been out fer two-weeks, boy. Ye’ve ‘ad a nasty day it seems. What were ye’ do’n in the ware’ouse over ‘dere? You nuts or somethin’?”

Before Kain could even respond, he passed back out for a few more hours. Upon awakening again, he found himself a new sense of clarity. His surroundings felt different. It was like he could feel the energy in the area. Turning his head, he saw the old lady sitting in a chair, just watching him. The machine hooked up to him seemed to have different receptors hooked up to his head to monitor his cerebrum. Before he could even ask what was going on, an answer sprang forth…

“I’ve been repairin’ yer mind, boy. Lotsa’ damage been done to ye’. E knows what ye are. Ye need not fear me. Unfortunately, a lot more damage been done to yer mind than even I can repair. I can’t say whet’er ye’ll ever get yer full brain back.”

Before she could get another word in, Kain unplugged himself from the machine and lift himself off the table. The bandages restricted his movement a little bit, but he would manage. As he moved to walk out, the old lady tried to stop him, begging an answer to why he would leave so hastily.

“I need to apply myself in other means.”

With that, he was out the door. 

Kain would later realize that access to his powers had been wiped away. Whether he still had them or not, he could not answer. They were dead to him. It wasn’t until later in life that hope began to spring itself up to change his life. Without his powers to entertain him or use to better himself, he took to studying anything he founds interesting. 
From the look of things, even though he lost his powers, he still held a highly intelligent mind. At the age of 14, he was moved out of high school and directly in to a University for his superior intellect and ability to absorb knowledge to its entirety once learned. From the age of 14, to the present day, he has attended college to learn a number of degrees. Whereas it would take people years to obtain a degree, Kain had succeeded in earning Masters and Doctorates in ten years for several different programs. One of his favorite programs was the Medical field where he became a fully-fledged Doctor, unknowing that a doctor tried to take his life and his father’s as well, directly influencing the death of his mother. 

The latest milestone in his life was one that happened when he turned twenty-three. In the middle of listening to music on the train to work, the train was held up by another mutant that was sapping the electric energy from the train to improve his power. For him, it was a source of food. The man’s face was half mutilated with stitches and torn flesh, only partially hidden from view by his worn Duster hat and long trench-coat. Kain was heading to an important business meeting, completely clad in an expensive business suit, his rounded glasses, and his black fedora. He was currently at the height of his life in a business standpoint, and this event was going to take him for a ride.

“Nobody move! If you value your pathetic lives, you will stay seated and just place your belongings on the floor next to you!”

Several people did so, and by electrically charging the floor beneath with a current, he magnetically pulled the items toward him. All while proceeding with his theft, his noticed that one man specifically did not even take notice to the mutant or place anything on the ground.

“You dare defy my order? I bet you got something of real worth, given that suit and all. Speaking of which, that looks about my size. Give it here and I’ll spare your life.”

Kain just continued listening to music with his head down in to a newspaper, taking no heed to the mutant thief. It was only when the man zapped the headphones off of Kain which sparked his annoyance. Quickly agitated, Kain rose from his seat, stepping away and just glared at the mutant. His eyes burned with anger in a way that hasn’t burned within him in years. The zap to the headphones manages to travel along the wire and sent a shock to Kain’s head. The mutant rushed a bolt of electricity along the floor and zapped him once more, this time pushing him back. Over the course of a few different bolts, Kain’s resolve kept him from staying down again and again. He wasn’t one to be bullied by others. All this did was serve to annoy the mutant even greater. 

“Fine! If you don’t want to stay down, I’ll force you! How do you like this one?!”

The mutant reached his arms outward and pulled in additional electricity from the train and the rail that it was attached to. The power he had absorbed had risen greatly. Condensing the energy in to a solid orb, he launched it down the train aisle and in to Kain before he could jump out of the way. Trying to at least duck under it, Kain moved to drop to the floor, but did not make it in time. The blast hit him directly in the head, sending all kinds of electricity coursing through his head. For a moment, he was writhing in pain, cursing aloud in vile mannerisms. He had gripped his head tightly and then, the current reached his synapse and struck a new blow. A shock of pain snapped through Kain and his eyes widened. He dropped to the ground in defeat. 

“Yeah, that’s what I thought you damn rich punk!”

Moving to collect the rest of people’s stuff, he moved himself closer to Kain, taking all sorts of jewelry along the way. Upon reaching Kain, whose body was mildly smoking from the electric heat, he grabbed the watch off his hand and began to try to remove the suit jacket. As soon as he turned the body over, Kain’s eyes shot open and grabbed the mutant by the throat and forced him backward. As if in a ghostly manner, he rose to his feet and stood with his body loose and his head dropped. The mutant regained his composure and went to charge back at Kain, until he was stopped in his tracks.

“Don’t even think about it you electric sack of s***!”

Kain’s entire tone just changed in an instant. An originally defenseless man now stopped the mutant in his tracks. Yet, he was nowhere near him. Along the floor ran dark streaks leading from Kain to the electric mutant. This was something out of the ordinary. 

“Damn! It’s about time. I was beginning to feel like a prisoner and all. You, man- I gotta’ thank you. Because of you, I’m free. Because of you, I feel alive again. Now here is my big fat THANK YOU!”

From the look of it, the electrical shock caused the synaptic nerve in his brain to send a message back to the dormant X-Gene to reawaken, yet mutate at the same time from all of the shock damage going through. Strangely, a man born with a psionic affinity was now gifted with a strange new power; Shadow Control. 

The light from the electricity caused each person on the train to emit a dark shadow, which only added to his arsenal. Connecting his shadow to theirs, he was able to build up and force a massive shadow to bind the opposing mutant in place. While the electric mutant was bound, Kain forced a tendril out of the shadows to wrap around the mutants neck and toss him backward through the train car door and out of the train. As the tendril moved to follow him, it stopped as soon as it left the train, as the shadow thinned out too much to follow as the shadows produced were not big enough to allow further stretch. Instead of following, Kain pulled his shadow back in and waited. As expected, the mutant jumped back in the car for an aggravated assault. Having expected this, Kain had created a big shadow block on the ground that he tossed his against assailant, consistently pegging him again and again with a consistent assault. 

Upon knocking him out, one of the passengers turned to Kain to thank him. It was a small boy. To him, this was the coolest cartoon he had ever seen in his life. Tugging Kain’s sleeve, he was jumping up and down.

“Mister! Mister! What’s your name?”

Halting his assault, he looked to the little boy tugging on him and smiled, patting the top of his head.

“The name is Marek, kid. Marek Reiten!”

The damage to his synaptic nerve seemed to affect him in more ways than one. He began to refer to himself as Marek Reiten as his nerve became more unstable. His demeanor had changed and his powers had altered as well. The lights on the train began to turn back on as power came back, and the shadows disappeared. 

Over the course of a couple of years, Kain’s synaptic nerve remained damage and would flare up from different occurrences of stress or other issues. Marek wasn’t the only existence to come to light within Kain’s mind. After an assault in an alley way back from the hospital, Trien was born and Kain had committed his first act of murder. 

Recently, Soverus came to light in an effort to bring order to his mind when no one would listen. Soverus was the only one they would all listen to. He held an intimating presence. Now, Kain has begun to gain a little more control over his mind after training for a couple of years in meditation. Each personality has its own will and whoever’s Will is strongest at a point is the one that takes over. This has both gained Kain great praise, and caused great havoc which he hides from. In an effort to redeem himself and learn to fully control his mind, he heard about the school of gifted mutants and has made his plans to transfer to a nearby hospital, where he can attend the school closely.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The greatest character I have ever created, Kain Tremere, A.K.A Soverus, is one that I take high pride in. Many have grown to literally fear him and hate him, while still loving him in the several communities I have made him in. I hope you come to do so as well.
Hey there, Soverus, and welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Make sure to check our rules and policies if you haven't already, or again if you already have! If you need help with creating your first character, check out the Creating a Character section on our wiki and our articles and guides subforum. They're all super useful for getting a feel of our server's roleplay style and chock full of useful information.

Once you get in-game, make sure to /join chat (for general chat and talk) and /join barrens (for banter and fun). If you have any questions, send a message to one of our GMs or Forum Helpers.

Again, welcome!
Zhaei
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Benevolent God of Darkness' Introductory Thread Shadowsniper133 3 905 08-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Introductory introduction of introducing Draczar 2 784 09-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Draczar
  Evening, Mortals! This is my Introductory thread! Majachie 1 628 11-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Jibreel--an introductory surah Jibreel 2 711 04-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Piroska
  My introductory post. ZQFarnzy 1 637 07-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Dilly