05-26-2018 05:09 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 3343
Hello Everyone
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 04:59 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 184
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Maulbane
04-10-2018 02:09 AM
» Replies: 2493
» Views: 98193

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Any Watchmen fans out there?
Seeing as how I know there are some X-men fans on this server, I'd like to see how many of ya are fans of the greatest comic of all time. The Watchmen. About a week ago the trailer to the Watchmen 2009 movie was released, and I've gotta say that it made me squeal like a schoolgirl. I am a bit worried about "that 300 guy"'s contribution though. I'd hate for it to become some over-the-top gorefest. What do you folks think?
PM
I admit that I never read the whole novel (for shame!), but I'm still pretty giddy about it.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
Frank Miller is a graphic novelist in his own right and understands not morphing other people's work into something not meant to be that way. The only reason 300 was as graphic as it was is because the actual graphic novel was that way. Frank has his own style to be sure, but he's not going to stray far from the path.

So far everything the guy has worked on has turned to gold, so I would expect this to be a great movie. He's also doing The Spirit, which I'm excited for.
"My companions' feelings have been etched onto my body.
I'll change this eternal darkness to light!
Heaven and Earth...
One body, one soul!

Chouginga, Gurren-Lagann!

I'll show you...
The power of mankind!"
PM
I get what you're saying, but I'm just such an avid Watchmen fan I worry about it even when there's no real reason to worry. *shrug*

And yeah, I'm looking forward to The Spirit too.

edit: And just because he can do a good job on his own works doesn't mean he'll be able to keep it up with a completely different style of graphic novel. I mean, comparing Sin City and The Watchmen is like comparing a truck and water. It's just not the same. Although, I will say that I enjoyed his Batman more than any other Batman. Frank Miller's great, but I have my doubts about what he could do to the Watchmen.
PM
I haven't read The Watchmen, but I love Will Eisner. (I've only read some of his artbooks)

The movie looks gorgeous.
˜★Sketch Blog

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Assassin's Creed fans. ones who say its ok to i love it! 0 156 07-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Guest
  To all you anime/manga fans Etmosril 20 458 05-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Krent
  For the Music Fans on COTH... Anski 11 276 11-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Kiffles
  For fans of The Guild Yukai 1 142 08-18-2009, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Watchmen lilia 17 499 08-17-2008, 03:45 AM
Last Post: lilia