The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Artifacts on the wiki
Hello!

Have your characters ever toiled through days and sleepless nights to make something special? Have they ever sought out an ancient weapon from their forebears? Have they been gifted a great boon from dragonkind or the forces of evil? If so this is for you!

Anyone who's been on the skype chat when I'm around knows I've been talking a lot about artifacts and how interesting they can be in motivating the characters in peoples' long-term storylines. One thing I think a lot of people would like to do is show off the items that are most important to their characters and their plotlines. Luckily we have a place that's perfect for just that: the wiki! Over the last week I've made up a template and a set of examples to help people produce wiki pages for the artifacts that are important to their storylines.

I hope that this can go some way to putting artifacts and special items in wider circulation, perhaps even to give players ideas for daring thefts or an item to pass down from master to apprentice.

Spoilered below is the basic template/guide.
Spoiler:
==Appearance==

What does your artifact look like? What is it made of?

==Enchantments/Abilities==

Does your artifact have any special powers or enchantments? Disclaimer: you do need to get these approved by a GM.

==History==

Tell us the story behind your item! How was it made? Why did they make it? What notable things have been done with this item over its lifetime?

And here's a link to my example page, utilizing the Template:Artifactbox.
I like the idea of this! Very nice!

(Keep in mind though that any items or artifacts with special effects (magical, particularly) or of particular importance should ideally be passed through the PD for GM approval first!)
All of my yes.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Sounds useful, mhm. All the support from me too.
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
Wow, really? This was actually on my list of pages to add to the wiki. Get outta my brain, man!
Tossing in my support! I like this idea.

Couple of things to add following recent discussions regarding artifact articles on the wiki:
This makes me want to go through as well, and fancy up Rensin's wiki page. I keep saying he makes his own armor and weapons...

Perhaps it's time to give those black swords I've been using for the past six years some names, as well as like... find an image associated to them.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Do eet! We have a handful of artifacts already in the Artifacts category, and I'd love to see more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The wiki. Stealthscout 2 1,225 06-20-2014, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Rowgen
  Update Cataclysm Wiki Gaztron1 3 902 09-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Gaztron1
Photo Wiki page suggestion Andy7565 4 1,157 08-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Memnoch
  Broken/unused frontpage wiki links. Kaghuros 2 910 07-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Wiki Profile update. waffenbaum 3 959 10-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Last Post: waffenbaum