The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Asholme: New City of Evil
[Image: 2i21pww.jpg]

Asholme
A Brief Outline on the Rules and Expectations in this City of Evil

Author's Note: For ease of reading this guide will be written IC as if it were from Ashley Smiles, High Inquisitor of Tourist Affairs. Any OOC pointers will be included in spoilers just below the IC information.

It is highly recommended to read Lox's guide for more information on character warnings and other important information for when RPing on a lawless island.

Thank you and enjoy reading!

An Introduction

Welcome! We here at the Asholme Tourist Board are happy to welcome you to the frigid, corpse-drenched shores of the island of Asholme, the evilest little city this world has ever seen!

To help make this trip a memorable one for you and your family, where here at the Asholme Tourist Board will be assigning you your very own tour guide.

Myself!

I'm a good servant to our Glorious Queen. Risen into mindless undeath as a Death Knight after a useless life spent in the Night Watch, the Queen graced me (After a super-fun weekend of liberal beatings and senseless torture!) as Asholme's head of tourism! I, of all people, know the importance of following orders to the letter!

Until our glorious Queen's plan to reign death and decay upon all living beings and transforms them into a corpse freed of such useless effects as free choice and will reach fruition, however, you will have to learn how to mind your Ps and Qs from me.

And remember: We love to see happy faces, so let me see a smile on yours before we begin!

Sincerely,
Ashley P. Smiles
Grand Inquisitor of Tourist Relations

Reaching The Island

We want to stress this point. I'm going to put it in super-big, awesomely-noticeable script, so you with problems reading (I'm looking at you, Mr. Orc!) can see it real easy like!

Asholme is not just for evil people. It is a neutral port town where all people are allowed to visit!

Reaching Asholme can be tricky! A lot of people think: 'Hey, this island is off the coast of the Grizzly Hills in Northrend. That's really far!' Well you're wrong. And an idiot. And deserving death by at the hands of our Glorious Queen for insolence.

Asholme may be far...But traveling is cheap and inexpensive this time of year!

You can reach the island easily via any means of travel. Flight, ship...But the easiest, of course, would be teleportation.

Reaching the island is as easy as approaching your nearest mage (Or being a mage yourself) and opening up a portal to the dock. The process will be assisted along by wards on the island, which will make teleporting yourself and friends just a bit easier.

Fun!

While on the island you will, of course, be allowed to leave via any means you so desire. Teleportation to and from is not restricted, simply monitored. If you teleport to or away from the island, the Queen will know!

A stable for flying mounts is also included in the port city. Feel free to use it to keep your flying mounts all safe and cozy. Mounts are also there for rental, allowing the poor tourist the chance to soar through the air with the greatest of ease and travel easily off and on the island.

Locations Of Note

Asholme wasn't built in a day. It was built in five!

Through the tireless effort of a small army of undead and passionate volunteers we have created a city virtually over night. We welcome you to enjoy the sights and sounds that is our wonderful city.

Spoiler:

[Image: Ash-Map.gif]
(A fine map by Beltherean! Thanks again for the beautiful birthday gift!)
  • The City of Asholme: Gray-Green

• Yellow: The Drunken Corpse

• Blue: Human Refugee Camp

• Red: Orc Refugee Camp

The Docks: Brown

• Black: The Ship

• Yellow: The Arena

• Purple: The Felfire Club

The Rise: Green

The Black Bulwark: Purple

The Bastion / Queen's Court: Orange

The City of Asholme
This quaint little village is home to most of the sights and sounds of Asholme. Stretching from the coastline to the beginning of The Rise, the collection of little shops and buildings offers numerous sights and sounds for the discerning tourist.

Alchemy shops, medical bays, inns, parks...You name it we have it!

Come visit the Town Hall (The place with the only working mailbox on the island) and chat with prisoners on the second floor's jail.

Come see the stables, where you can rent flying mounts to soar through the air!

Come see the two refugee camps, the one by the inn (Containing human bandits and lawless miscreants) and the one behind the Town Hall (Containing Old Horde sympathizers and Demon Worshippers). Join in the fun of their depression by taking part in non-lethal combat within the ring...It's not only allowed, but encouraged!

The Drunken Corpse
Food, friends and fun can be found in this relaxed den of inebriates. The Drunken Corpse is the port's main inn, located just off the main thoroughfare and behind the alchemist's shop and ritual chamber.

The first floor of the inn is dedicated to good times and fine alcohol. The second level is where beds can be rented and a private room can be used for business meetings and personal parties.

The Docks

Located just behind the Orc Camp on the south side of the port, the docks function as the...Seedier side of town. The normal skeletal guards give way here to Fel Orcs, guards taken from the ranks of refugees and mutated heavily through Fel exposure.

There is no law once you set foot on the wood of the docks between the sets of hazard lights. Guards will only step in if you are found to be messing with property or doing something that will result in the destruction of the Docks.

The ship, located just as you step on the docks, is a derelict piece of wood. No guards patrol there, and is considered a wilderness fit only for murders and thieves.

The Felfire Club

Located just at the end of the Docks, the sinful Felfire Club functions as the proverbial 'port in the storm' for travelers wishing to escape the violence and lawlessness of the Docks.

The first floor is a sinful paradise of drugs, sex, food and alcohol. Very few, if any, laws besides 'no fighting' are enforced here.

The upper reaches of the club, however, seem to be off limits to people who are not a member of the Felfire Club. Bizarre rituals and evil rites can be heard from the floors above...And at night purple and green lights can be seen flashing through the heavy locked doors on the roof.

The Arena

Situated right across from the Felfire Club, the Arena is a closed-in cage fighting super-dome designed to sate all the violent needs of the Dock-goers.

Fighting outside of the cage is now allowed in the Arena and is strictly enforced.

The Rise

The Rise is the series of small plateau that skirt the pathway leading from the City of Asholme and the Bulwark.

Law is enforced in these areas. Necromancers, Warlocks and Shadow Priests are welcome to socialize in the church, graveyard and Fel Scrapyard here.

The Black Bulwark

The Black Bulwark is the imposing edifice marking the end of the Rise and the beginning of the Bastion.

Guarded by Death Knights and ghouls around the clock, the wall of rubble and spikes is the first line of defense against any would-be attackers.

Behind the Bulwark is the Army Camp, where soldiers of the Queen train and wait for their chance to sink their teeth into fresh flesh.

The Bastion

The tower that dominates the island's top is called The Bastion. There the necromancers who rule this island reside, safely protected by stone and crystal and given free range to practice their art.

On the first floor is the Museum, a collection of relics and trophies won during the long, trying time between the fall of the Catacombs and the construction of Asholme.

On the second floor is the Queen's Lab, a Necromantic research and development base where Necromancers work tirelessly to push the boundaries of their craft.

Right before reaching the roof is the Swinging Cafe, a suspended smorgasbord of refreshments and fine company.

Queen's Court

The Roof of the Bastion is where the Queen holds her court. There all business is conducted and the Queen's throne and seat of command is placed.

Necromancers can also be found here, planning new attacks and defensive measures against those who would see the island harmed.

Crime & Punishment

Laws on Asholme are super fun!

Because of the nature of our island, the Queen herself had to sit down and come up with a whole new code of rules that citizens should follow.

Below are a list of the major ones. Since we believe in freedom and the indomitable will of the individual spirit, rules are minimal but strictly enforced!
  • No Fighting….Except in approved areas! One can only fight on the Docks, the Old Ship and in one of the Refugee Camps. Except for the Refugee Camps, fighting is allowed to be lethal! Everywhere else fighting will result in punishment.
  • No Light. In the same way that Shadow and Fel are banned in other cities, the use of Light or any other Divine Magic is not allowed on the island. Draenei are allowed on the island only because of their capacity to be Shaman or use Shadow magic. Anyone caught using Light or wearing armor/weaponry that leads us to believe they use the Light will be punished.
  • Respect the Guards. The guards, skeletal, necromancer or Fel Orc, are here for your protection.
  • Respect your Government. Respect the Queen and all other groups who are part of the Queen’s Court. You don’t need to listen to them…But you should still respect them!

And what, you may ask, will happen if you disobey a rule…?

I’m glad you asked!

All punishments carry an immediate imprisonment. Break a law and you will be sent to the jail where –for the entirety of your stay- anyone can purchase you as a slave! Break a rule, and you’ve forfeited your right to be a free agent!

Spoiler:
Those who are caught breaking the law are given two choices OOCly: Stay in jail or put yourself up for enslavement. Jail will keep you in one area to RP while enslavement allows you to RP around the island.

If you are caught breaking the law again a week after committing a crime, you will be executed!

Yay!

Government

The island is ruled by Lady Vetia Ashwind, our fine leader and noble queen. Beneath her is a council of Necromancers, who organize the island's defense system and sculpt it's future path.

Beneath the council and Queen, however, is the Queen's Court. The Queen's Court is a coalition of like-minded guilds and organizations who have demonstrated their willingness to advance the agenda of the island.

As a member of the Court, a guild or group is allowed to help the Queen decide her plans as well as call a specific spot on their island their home.

In exchange for these gifts, however, the Queen expects her Court to fight for her when called.

We here at the Asholme Tourist Board hope you found this guide informative!

If you have any questions, you may post them below.

Thanks again and have a nice trip!

Sincerely,
The Management
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
Wait, so is the entrance of the island threat enforced by killing via guard, or is there a magical field that kills anyone who comes to the island any other way?
(07-25-2011, 01:24 PM)Kaghuros Wrote: Wait, so is the entrance of the island threat enforced by killing via guard, or is there a magical field that kills anyone who comes to the island any other way?

The island is surrounded by a series of crystals that form a defense system.

Very nasty what they can do to a single adventurer. Much like a bug zapper.
Rosencrat Wrote:Anyone caught using Light or wearing armor/weaponry that leads us to believe they use the Light will be punished.

That doesn't sound very neutral!

I can get into to the not using Light due to the nature of the guards but... even wearing armor sounds a bit extreme for a supposedly neutral port. What's the rationale behind that?
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa
Because of armor like this.

It's always been the unspoken rule that, in cities that abhor Fel and Shadow, a warlock/shadow priest can't walk around wearing...Armor like this.

This is just the inverse of that. And we are only talking about armor that -screams- that you wield Light magic.

Warlocks have walked around in disguises this long...It's time for a bit of payback!
(07-25-2011, 01:27 PM)Rosencrat Wrote:
(07-25-2011, 01:24 PM)Kaghuros Wrote: Wait, so is the entrance of the island threat enforced by killing via guard, or is there a magical field that kills anyone who comes to the island any other way?

I understand that this is to prevent nascent hero types from deciding their crusade ought to start in Asholme, but it sounds awfully godmode/metagamey to me. "No, no, you can't come in my house. It's protected by magic that makes people die." If only Arthas or Illidan had thought of such a useful spell. Though of course being crystals instead of just a death field makes it removable, I suppose.

Why not just say that peoples' comings and goings are recorded, or that they get a passport stamped at the portal or something, and anyone there when they don't belong is subject to imprisonment or execution as a spy? That's a lot less arbitrary, and leaves room for good people to do what they ought not, the opposite of Warlocks in Stormwind as it were.
So what's the process of joining the Queen's Court? Is it Evil Athenian Democracy, Roman senatorial campaigning, or invitation only like an evil House of Lords?
(07-25-2011, 02:44 PM)Kaghuros Wrote:
(07-25-2011, 01:27 PM)Rosencrat Wrote:

I understand that this is to prevent nascent hero types from deciding their crusade ought to start in Asholme, but it sounds awfully godmode/metagamey to me. "No, no, you can't come in my house. It's protected by magic that makes people die." If only Arthas or Illidan had thought of such a useful spell. Though of course being crystals instead of just a death field makes it removable, I suppose.

Why not just say that peoples' comings and goings are recorded, or that they get a passport stamped at the portal or something, and anyone there when they don't belong is subject to imprisonment or execution as a spy? That's a lot less arbitrary, and leaves room for good people to do what they ought not, the opposite of Warlocks in Stormwind as it were.

Because saying that everyone is monitored all the time is more meta-gaming then simply restricting the means of entry.

The island is actually -considerably- more relaxed then the Catacombs which, in its day, prevented people from teleporting in and out and locked its doors to -anyone- not of the evil or neutral persuasion.

Anyone can enter the island...They just have to enter it through the means the government dictates.

Also, you will notice that I used "Single Adventurer' when I said "Very nasty what they can do to a single adventurer." The island can be breached...And we are planning for it to be breached.

(07-25-2011, 02:49 PM)kindle135 Wrote: So what's the process of joining the Queen's Court? Is it Evil Athenian Democracy, Roman senatorial campaigning, or invitation only like an evil House of Lords?

There will be a post about that soon. However, we encourage people to make evil guilds for the island. Gangs, research organizations, Undead loyalists...All are welcome.
Because of some concern over the location of the teleportation arrays, we have tweaked it to allow any means to be used to reach the island.
It'd be cool if there was a place where a dock was set up and there was an enchanted crew-less ferry-boat that could go back and forth, could bring RP at that dock too. Just a thought.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
So how does this city treat the presence of draenei?
(07-26-2011, 03:22 AM)Wuvvums Wrote: So how does this city treat the presence of draenei?

You could compare it to how a high elf would find the sentimental climate of Darnassus, I feel.

...Well, okay, the quel'dorei are legal members of the Alliance, so they could opt to enter the city, but...
Rosencrat... I think I love you! I almost cried upon seeing the island! So much awesomness... /hug
Quote:Reaching Asholme can be tricky! A lot of people think: 'Hey, this island is off the coast of the Grizzly Hills in Northrend. That's really far!' Well you're wrong. And an idiot. And deserving death by at the hands of our Glorious Queen for insolence.

You can reach the island easily via any means of travel. Flight, ship...But the easiest, of course, would be teleportation.

Quote:Enter the island only by teleportation. Do not swim to the island, fly to the island or enter the island by any other means besides teleportation. Any attempt to enter the island by anything other than teleportation or using a Queen-aligned craft will result in immediate death.

Those two in the same post are confusing me. So is it or isn't is possible to enter by any means?
Elyssa Von'Indi [Human]- Exorcist
Kestral, aka 'Lady Falcon' [Sin'dorei]- Pirate
Savah [Dreanei]- Shaman
---
"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most..." -'Hub', Secondhand Lions
(07-26-2011, 04:05 AM)Alykia Wrote:
Quote:Reaching Asholme can be tricky! A lot of people think: 'Hey, this island is off the coast of the Grizzly Hills in Northrend. That's really far!' Well you're wrong. And an idiot. And deserving death by at the hands of our Glorious Queen for insolence.

Quote:Enter the island only by teleportation. Do not swim to the island, fly to the island or enter the island by any other means besides teleportation. Any attempt to enter the island by anything other than teleportation or using a Queen-aligned craft will result in immediate death.

Those two in the same post are confusing me. So is it or isn't is possible to enter by any means?

The latter part means that that if you try coming via flight or boat that if it's not Queen approved (i.e private vessel) then it will be shot down. I think, don't quote me boy I ain't said sh-... Stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'Evil' Faction Character Options (And Kor'kron)! JVNemesis 15 10,503 06-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  City Guard outfits Kretol 6 1,995 09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Kretol