The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Athenafire
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
For a gal like me, this is probably one of the hardest questions in the world. Personally, I like to let people discover more about me as time goes on [otherwise the story is upfront and kind of flat rather than random relevant stories that pop up here and there.] but, since you asked. As a player, I like to mess around, have fun, not get all that serious. Some people can max out their characters in a day or so, but I'll be level twenty for months as I'm out exploring and just messing around. My attention drifts around, much like a vagrant traveling across the country.
I balance my real life with my gaming life, and I didn't have a computer until more recently, so I have about 2.3 million stories to tell. But all my life, I've done story-writing/telling and a major part of that is characters and development of them. There are several tricks of the trade I've picked up, and been able to place in my work. That doesn't mean I am perfect, however, and understand that there are a lot of ways I can improve.
I may only be twenty years old, but I got a pretty worldly view on things.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
'MERICA! Yes, I come from the United States. I speak English as a first language, but have dabbled into others such as French, German, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, Dutch, Latin and Swahili.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I'll answer that question, with a question. World of Warcraft, or just Warcraft? Because both of those are completely different stories. I first got into regular Warcraft when I was just a wee lass with Warcraft 3. My friend bought it, and we decided to play around with it because it had pretty elves in it. [Yes, I was that little at the time.]
World of Warcraft came when a good buddy of mine started his own server. I knew about the game before that, and had played it at a friends, but never really got in to it, as I didn't have the money, nor functioning computer to handle an MMO. However, he offered, and I said "well why not, what's the worst that can happen?"
*five minutes later*
"Why is there a giant flaming tornado in the Tauren starting area?"

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
This is a funny story. GlandorTrayce is actually a good friend of mine, and we're running a campaign of Mutants and Masterminds when I found out he wasn't paying attention to us [which you're supposed to, as the GM of the campaign] so I got on him about it and he pointed to this. Now, being the curious birdy I am, I couldn't resist the opportunity to check it out. Seeing as how I'm always looking for a good roleplay community, and seeing how this one functions so well in such a small group [we'll get into why I enjoy that so much later on.] I just had to get my fingers in this.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Chatlog, paragraphs, but mostly ones with large archs that are beautifully done and include everyone in a mass group [if there is a mass group] so everyone gets to have fun. I do like to plan out huge archs, but I also love just winging it. A particular saying I'm used to spitting out in OOC chats is "SCREW THIS, WE'RE DOING IT LIVE!" for when there is a slight problem or mistake. [this has happened before in the server previously mentioned, as the GM loved to drop random field bosses on us.]

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm pulled between Taurens, Blood Elves, and blue space goats for my favorite race. Druid, hunter, and pally tend to be my favorite classes. Why? I don't really know. I just kind of like it. Nothing wrong with that, right? I can tell you I like having pets as a hunter, as it makes my life slightly easier. I do know I like Taurens because of the ascetically pleasing starting area [same with Bloodelves] and the way their culture functions. I'm more attached to Taurens, and will probably pick that over Bloods.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I like to keep an open mind. I'm expecting a similar experience to the last small roleplay server I played, which was on Ragnarok Online. I told you we'd get to this! The server had been so much fun due to tight-knit communities, and friendly people. There were only twenty players total, so we became a family. I was sad to see it taken down without notice, and felt like I no longer had a home.
I don't expect to get the same reaction here right away, oh no. But I do expect to see something good come out of here, from the all the hype I've heard about.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think I screamed with joy once I read the section "As Grakor puts it" YES YES YES!! THANK YOU! I'm all about not blocking creativity, but there is a limit. There are few exceptions for time traveling/inter-dimensional characters, and that's for humor every-so-often. Kind of like Alf. Yeah, you know that old show. But in Warcraft? Nah, lets refrain.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
[[You're going to have to give me some parameters, sweetie. In Warcraft universe? Any?]]

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope this wasn't horribly long I tried not to make each thing ten paragraphs each.

Most of my questions can probably be answered after watching chat roll by for about five minutes.

But one I do wish to ask is this: how often do shenanigans happen? I'd like to not start in the Tauren area and be greeted by a giant flaming tornado because the GMs forgot they spawned it there and forgot about it.
Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Athenafire!

Your content amount was great, so don't worry about that! With introductions, while we enjoy quality over quantity, quantity does indeed play a large factor in acceptance. With your story, you're allowed to write it either now or when you apply for Gruntship in a month after having at least one profiled character. It can be in any universe, even ours - you're free to choose! Shenanigans on Conquest of the Horde are... hrm. Well, it really depends upon what you would define as a shenanigan. We have a handful of active and interactive GMs on the server that like to treat players in random locations with sudden puppetting, mob-spawning, and min-events. Personally, I absolutely love it when these sorts of shenanigans occur. However, we're very serious about not letting anything too silly to happen, such as abuse of GM powers or outrageously odd events. Like sudden fire tornadoes in Bloodhoof Village. Grin2 If you're interested in tauren roleplay at the get-go, I would like to point you towards @Nikodemos to ask about his current tauren storyline he's DMing!

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!
Always pleased to meet a fellow Tauren fan. I do indeed have an extended storyline with a few openings at present so be sure to give me a shout if you are interested or have any questions concerning RP on the server. Welcome to CotH, I hope you find our community to your liking!
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]