08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 354
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2605
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85204
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2188
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3388

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Ayanna Spearleaf [Night elf]
Player: Soar the Sky

Character Full Name: Ayanna Spearleaf

Character In-Game Name: Ayanna

Nickname(s): Annoying (Pet name)

Association(s): Sentinel's, Cylain Spearleaf, Watchers, Druids of the Talon.

Race: Night elf (Kaldorei)

Class: Druid

Skills and Abilities:

Ferocious Flora: Ayanna doesn't like fighting, but when pressed she can be quite dangerous. Since leaving her home in Feralas, Ayanna has discovered a large number of plant species, not all of which are safe. Skilled in Communing with nature, Ayanna knows how to guide these plants as her allies, and carrying their seeds with her, imbued with her power, allows her to grow Thorn Lashers and Poison spitters.

Devoted Healer: Ayanna's dislike of her sisters tendency to get hurt led her to study the arts of healing with the same determination as Cylain studied the arts of combat. In pressing circumstances, Ayanna can channel her powers to dramatically increase the healing and regeneration of her allies, as cuts mend themselves mere moments after being hewn.

Raging Tempest: Unskilled and untrained in any form of combat, the only real defense Ayanna has is her ability to escape, evade, and contain. But when all these fails, or when she has no other option, Ayanna can summon strong winds and gales to force her foes and her fears away.

Sex: Female

Hair: Forest moss/ green

Eyes: Silver

Scale/Height: .9

Usual Garments/Armor: Leather bandings and straps meant for free movement and little else.

Other: A silver locket in which sits a stone, her sister owns it's twin.

Personality: Due to her relative inexperience and difficulties with martial combat as a child, Ayanna lacks the wisdom often afforded to her kind. She can show recklessness and over eagerness, the same passion for her cause displayed in all night elves not tempered by training and discipline.

History: Ayanna Spearleaf, born in Feathermoon, Feralas to Mandra Spearleaf. Sister of Cylain Spearleaf, Ayanna and her sister were to join the sentinels. At least that was the assumption.

Ayanna hated fighting, and no matter what training she underwent, she found difficulty with most everything regarding the military. She forgot orders, got lost, had no skill wielding a weapon, and was clumsy with supplies. But despite all this, Mandra insisted her daughter would be a great warrior, just not in the way a sentinel was.

Ever seeking to please her mother, Ayanna stayed the course, and when the third war broke out in earnest, Ayanna stood beside her mother and her sister. This was how Ayanna learned first hand the true curse of war. Set upon by the undead, the Sentinels holding the line were overwhelmed, and Ayanna panicked and ran, fearing her life. A stone that lay in her path tripped her, and an abomination sought to cleave her body.

Ayanna's mother Mandra protected her daughter with her own body, and as her mother died from the wound she cried out to her daugther "Flee! Flee and live!". Ayanna turned and ran, tears in her eyes. She wanted more than anything to turn around and save her mother, to be a hero and slay the beast, but she did not.

It was not fear that kept Ayanna from returning, but understanding. She understood that she had no business as a soldier, and no trainer, no matter how skilled, could help her overcome her faults. But a teacher might, a teacher might help her not only overcome her weakness, but gain strength as well.

As her sister left with the watchers, Ayanna left with the Druids of the Talon, seeking to learn their arts. At first the masters were not so sure a female could aspire to their craft, but Ayanna's determination won out. She had failed to serve as a soldier, she would not fail again.

Ayanna's training took her throughout Kalimdor, and over Ten years she visited places beyond her imagination. She saw the Stone Talon peaks, delved into the ungoro crater, and braved the sands of Silithus. She studied flora and fauna, and the diseases suffered by both. She learned of poisons, venoms, curses and cures. She learned how to take to the skies and leave all her fears and worries on the ground.

And after ten years of training, Ayanna was honored with her acceptance into the Talon's order. Her work as a druid took her even farther and wider, following the Cenarion expedition into Zangermarsh, and the Argent Crusade into Ice Crown. But throughout it all her thoughts would consistently turn to one question: Where was her sister, where was Cylain.

A day came when she could stand it no longer, and asked for leave to the eastern kingdoms, where rumors of her sister whispered to her. It was granted, and the very next day saw her on a ship from Theramore to Stormwind. And that very day was the day of the Cataclysm.

The storms that followed Deathwings wake drove the ship she sailed upon off course, and Ayanna ended up in Stranglethorn Vale rather than the Wetlands. Stranded, then captured and imprisoned, Ayanna met the Blood Elves Veritas and Korvus, and with them survived to travel to Booty Bay, where she once more found her sister.

Now, the two travel together, inseperable and unafraid of the future.
PM
Veritas being a Death Knight was retconned. As was everything except Kidnapped.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m00qfdoBWr1qd87hlo1_500.gif]

i am sea-bass
PM
Well now it says Blood elves which is technically true for both of them.

What do you mean everything?
PM
As in everything save for Kidnapped. All relationships prior. She would still know Ayanna, technically. Aya would also kind of remember her as an asexual oddball.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m00qfdoBWr1qd87hlo1_500.gif]

i am sea-bass
PM
Remember that females learning druidism wasn't a thing before the Third War - only men could until the ruling was changed, though of course there are exceptions, such as being taught in secret (having a druid father and being a few hundred years older would make this possible.) Similarly, we've ruled against elves being taught the druidic arts before 300 years old, and this is the same: she'll have to be a bit older if you want her to have been taught druidism.

Finally, we're fairly stringent on the portrayal of night elves. While Ayanna does not break any rules, particularly, we would much prefer you to tone down the facets of her personality such as naivety (wisdom and temperament are some of the most prominent features of elves), getting bored easily (patience being one of the most iconic attributes of the eternal kaldorei) and being a nuisance (though certainly able to be infuriating, it is not by irritation and annoyance that night elves offend). This sort of personality meshes well with some of the lesser-lived races, but with some tweaks could easily fit better a night elf: I recommend throwing in some of the more stereotypical elven personality features, and toning down some of the more uncharacteristic ones.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Zhaei's post:
  • ImagenAshyun, CappnRob
PM
(11-25-2013, 07:36 AM)Zhaei Wrote: Remember that females learning druidism wasn't a thing before the Third War - only men could until the ruling was changed, though of course there are exceptions, such as being taught in secret (having a druid father and being a few hundred years older would make this possible.) Similarly, we've ruled against elves being taught the druidic arts before 300 years old, and this is the same: she'll have to be a bit older if you want her to have been taught druidism.

Finally, we're fairly stringent on the portrayal of night elves. While Ayanna does not break any rules, particularly, we would much prefer you to tone down the facets of her personality such as naivety (wisdom and temperament are some of the most prominent features of elves), getting bored easily (patience being one of the most iconic attributes of the eternal kaldorei) and being a nuisance (though certainly able to be infuriating, it is not by irritation and annoyance that night elves offend). This sort of personality meshes well with some of the lesser-lived races, but with some tweaks could easily fit better a night elf: I recommend throwing in some of the more stereotypical elven personality features, and toning down some of the more uncharacteristic ones.

The lore is followed in regards to her learning druidism after the third war, as it was after that event she stopped trying to join the sentinels.

You said she's not breaking any rules, and I hate stereotypes with a vengeance. Furthermore her personality is a mild opposite of her sister Cylain, and as Cylain is more like the general Night elf Stereotype, I'd prefer to leave Ayanna's personality as it is.

Ayanna is young, inexperienced, sheltered, and without having a mother, father, or sister to guide her, and spending her later years traveling about without any true parental influence, I believe her behavior as a young, naive, childish woman is appropriate to her situation.

I don't mind increasing her age to 300+, but as she is the younger sister I'm not inclined to go higher than 350 because her sister is a little over four hundred.

(11-24-2013, 08:32 PM)WindZealot Wrote: As in everything save for Kidnapped. All relationships prior. She would still know Ayanna, technically. Aya would also kind of remember her as an asexual oddball.

This gives me horrible sad face syndrome.
PM
If you want to give your character a personality that strongly goes against what is the norm for his/her respective race, you need to justify it with events in the history that shaped the individual into having what can be considered an unusual personality. I would argue that the events in her history don't justify a 317 year old being childish.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Geoni's post:
  • CappnRob
PM
Personality Edited.

I believe the wording of her personality wasn't exact to what I meant, hopefully it fits now.

I don't want it to be seen as her being akin to a teenage girl, but more like a young woman in her twenties living in the party scene. And thats not to mean she's wanting to dance like a loon but rather that she's young and prone to reckless behavior, but not immature and bratty.

Not sure exactly how to describe it.
PM
I would say that if her age was bumped to around 100-150ish, it'd make a bit more sense because that's young for an elf. But I'm not here to criticize the profile, just to try and help her get approved.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
And if her age is set that low then she cannot be a druid, as zhael has already clarified.
PM
Quote:I don't want it to be seen as her being akin to a teenage girl, but more like a young woman in her twenties living in the party scene. And thats not to mean she's wanting to dance like a loon but rather that she's young and prone to reckless behavior, but not immature and bratty.

I would recommend saying something akin to,

"Due to her relative inexperience and difficulties with martial combat as a child, Ayanna lacks the wisdom often afforded to her kind. She can show recklessness and overeagerness, the same passion for her cause displayed in all night elves not tempered by temperament."

Clumsiness is the only other thing I have any issue with in the profile (it's a solid one). Again, you're not obligated to change it by rules, but consider whether adding this attribute is prudent when portraying a night elf.

Edit: I was incorrect when saying that druidism can't be taught to night elves younger than three hundred - my bad! Note that, while not impossible, it would still be criticised by more traditional elves, and might earn the teacher and student some disdain from their peers. So feel free to alter your history a bit if you like, keeping in mind it would still be illegal (though again, not impossible) pre-Third War for females when making changes!
PM
More editz made, I'll check again when I'm out of the hospital.
PM
Approved!
PM
Wikified!
[Image: anim_500.gif]
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cylain Spearleaf [Night Elf] SoarTheSky 22 850 05-27-2013, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin