The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Big Changes!
Exciting news, everyone! We'd like to announce that the server is ready to be updated to Wrath of the Lich King. To do this, we need to take the server down for a week or so to make sure everything runs smoothly. This downtime will occur in three days, so we suggest everyone attempts to find a "stopping/pausing point" in their RP.

During this time, we will unfortunately loose all accounts and characters, but this does allow us to sort of "start anew" and implement some changes to the server structure that we think our wonderful, dedicated RPers are going to appreciate. Please bear with us over the next week or so, and pardon our dust. We will continue posting news items as they come up!

We apologize for any inconvenience, but we'd like to assure you that this change is indeed very good!
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I approve of server upgrades.
However, how will this work with approved profiles and the like?
Will we get the opportunity to recreate our old characters, and get them bumped up to wherever we had them, or is this a totally fresh start?
Regardless, this is indeed exciting and wonderful news! :)
Hogral Coalbeard - Impulsive Explorer
We are still working out all the kinks, but expect updates later on.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
What features, if any, will be available to us?

Northrend? Barber shops? Death Knights? Or will it only be compatible with 3.0.X?
Clifton Wrote:What features, if any, will be available to us?

Northrend? Barber shops? Death Knights? Or will it only be compatible with 3.0.X?

I believe Kretol said that it will be compatible with Wrath of the Lich King, but Death Knights in particular would be disabled because they aren't quite working correctly on creation. I am sure closer to when we're coming back up he'll have more information on what exactly works and does not, as part of the reason the server is having a break is to test what all is changing.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Specifics on Death Knights and already approved characters/the new player structure will be released soon! As I understand it, Northrend will be open to all. I am not certain about barber shops, we will let you know as we test things.

...What Grak said, basically.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Ooh, excitedface! Wrath time!

As for the losing characters/accounts thing, should we do something along the lines of screenshotting what characters/items we have that we will want back? For example, we screenshot our character select screen and screenshot the "character" tab when we log onto a character?
More information on the accounts/character resets and such will be released as we get closer to re-release. My advice, however, is to not get too attached to your gear, and don't plan too much on what you'll be doing on the re-release, because it's quite possible things will be working quite different. Don't want to disappoint anyone when they plan on doing one thing and find out it won't be possible, either due to server limitations or any new policies/rules that come about during this process.

As Qaza said in the first post, this allows us to "start anew" and create changes in our structure. Keep that in mind.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Fantastic news!
It's not a question of what's probable, but merely what is possible.
AMG motorcycle here i come!!1
˜★Sketch Blog
TwilightDisciple Wrote:AMG motorcycle here i come!!1

Gnomish Motorcycle Gang.....Oh the horror!
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
Kainue Wrote:

I was thinking more like Half Naked Chicks Biker Gang, but equally intimidating, I'm sure.
˜★Sketch Blog
Kainue Wrote:

Yes....yes.....YES. VERY VERY YES!
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
Rofupi kicking butt from the seat of a motocycle. Hmm.
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
Why, exactly, must accounts be deleted? Does it have something to do with the coding/upgrade process, or do you just wish to make our lives as horrific as possible upon entering the dark and frosty lands of Northrend?