The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Blizzard trademarks new expac
Does Blizz have a track record of that though? Don't they normally do this right before an xpac?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Not necessarily. I remember them trademarking something else at the same time they trademarked Reaper of Souls. Reaper of Souls turnned out to be a D3 expansion, but what the other thing was, nobody has heard anything.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Don't get too excited. They also trademarked the Dark Below several months ago.

We're assuming Blizzard's going to have enough subscribers to actually justify several more expansions before they wrap it up.
(11-02-2013, 09:06 PM)Etmosril Wrote: Don't get too excited. They also trademarked the Dark Below several months ago.

We're assuming Blizzard's going to have enough subscribers to actually justify several more expansions before they wrap it up.

Dark Below! That's the trademark I referenced in my last post.
Spoiler:
I remember the nutty chaos that erupted when they trademarked Mists of Pandaria. And it was just a month or two after they announced the official game.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(11-02-2013, 09:06 PM)Etmosril Wrote: Don't get too excited. They also trademarked the Dark Below several months ago.

You assume that they'll ever lose that many subscribers. If it ever drops too low, they'll just actually give it some effort and put out some GOOD content.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
(11-02-2013, 09:38 PM)Aadora Wrote:

You assume that they'll ever lose that many subscribers. If it ever drops too low, they'll just actually give it some effort and put out some GOOD content.

So you're saying that up until now they've been putting out purposely bad content? I'm not really buying that.
Spoiler:
(11-02-2013, 09:52 PM)Roxas65 Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 09:38 PM)Aadora Wrote:

So you're saying that up until now they've been putting out purposely bad content? I'm not really buying that.

Perhaps purposely bad isn't the right way of saying it. Bad is a subjective term. But, they aren't aiming for high art or much meaning. They're trying to appeal to as many people as possible and make the most money.

It's how business works.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Either way, I won't be using the new expansion since I no longer play retail. But it'd be cool to see Demon Hunters become a class or have naga become a race.

But I think the DH won't ever become a class since their base abilities are split between warlock and rogue.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj3YaVcOr2nEYN1oNvBdz...g8q7_cYGbw]
"I'm looking for a very hard man to find." "Wa'do?"
- A conversation between Sul'Ji and the cut throat Kairam
(11-02-2013, 05:27 PM)Kretol Wrote: People keep saying that they trademarked "an expansion," yet to me it's just a name. For all we know, it could be a TCG expansion, or even early work on a Hearthstone expansion (despite it not even being released yet ;)). Why are we so sure about it being the next WoW expansion, other than that's what they're saying on MMO-Champ?
That said, if they do go the route of "re-energizing" Outland, let's just hope they don't flub it up. Nazgrel should become a great hero and pinnacle of the orcish race! Angry2

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/02/blizza...trademark/

http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/07/01/blizza...cataclysm/

Happened before.

You all should stop being such non believers and remember the past, if you were around then. If you really don't see the pattern.. oh well.
Quote:Dark Below

According to the blizzard expansion flight-path, this should be the next one. We shouldn't be going back to the Outlands. Then the next and final expansion should be Argus, with us killing Sargeras.

More and more I start to think this isn't a WoW thing.

Actually it'd be sort of hilarious if Heroes of Draenor is just a Warcraft 4 IN SPAAAACE.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
The Dark Below was a hoax and not a real trademark.

"It's worth noting that Blizzard was previously rumored to have registered a trademark for a game called The Dark Below, but that ultimately turned out to be a hoax."

Edit: I forgot where I got the quote. Hurrdurr. Edit Edit: Warcarft 4 could also be an interesting way to go about it. Sounds like something they might do. I don't care just give me playable naga >:(!
I don't see it drawing (many, like millions) subscribers back in (new or old), but the Outlands area needs a good overhaul regardless. Somewhat curious, but can't say I'm jumping for joy here.
Please please PLEASE let arakkoa and ogres be playable. Arakkoa are awesome and would buff Naaru lore, and as for ogres... They've already retcon'd the duckies out of worgen and dranenei to make them playable. It wouldn't take much to get ogres back in the horde. Though they would need a new and shorter model to get through some doorways...
Perhaps they could meet you half way and make the Mok'Nathal playable.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj3YaVcOr2nEYN1oNvBdz...g8q7_cYGbw]
"I'm looking for a very hard man to find." "Wa'do?"
- A conversation between Sul'Ji and the cut throat Kairam

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blizzard favors Horde too much. World of HORDECraft Zvezdichko 91 16,025 12-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Liamsi
  Blizzard Employees.. No I don't mean snow. TehJarl 4 1,394 06-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Last Post: TehJarl
  The Ballad of Blizzard. Ausius 3 899 03-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Qaza