The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Blizzard trademarks new expac
Announcement trailer: Orcs vs. Draenei.

That's all, folks.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
(11-08-2013, 03:37 PM)Mathias Wrote:
(11-08-2013, 03:20 PM)CappnRob Wrote:
(11-08-2013, 02:08 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: Oh man, best laugh I've had in months.

-So- glad MoP killed my interest in WoW, or I'd be -pissed- right about now.

I honestly must question why :I Ok yes there's apparently another Garrosh idiot-plot, but the Horde are based out with the Frostwolves with -Durotan-, the most noblebright good orc there ever was.

Yeah, Kargath is there, and he's evil. He's always been bad. Blackhand's there, same deal. Gul'dan is of course evil. Grom seems more neutral than anything else, and Ner'zhul could swing both ways. Kilrogg too. This could really give a lot of fanservice to the orcs imo 8V

As for the meta-plot, the time travel thing seems stupid but we don't know many details yet. It probably won't be that good, but time-travel's been in WoW since TBC and the Caverns of Time existed since Vanilla, so it isn't like this is terribly new territory of dumbness.

It's a completely pointless expansion being used to avoid the obvious end of World of Warcraft's story. Garrosh got out of prison, avoids punishment, and seems to get time travel powers from the Bronze Dragonflight, and goes back to Draenor pre-First War somehow. Now we got an alternative reality that doesn't effect the main timeline at all, so... what's the point of going to Draenor? Again? How about we go underwater and deal with the naga and see some cool naga architecture? How about we travel to Argus?

Why Draenor?
Why make orcs the bad guys again?
Why reuse Garrosh?
Why?

While it is redundant and not progressive, I don't think that's a -bad- thing per se. I enjoy revisiting older ideas in a new light, and putting pre-Outland Draenor as a location excites me.

Plus, orcs aren't "the bad guy" again; and Garrosh can hardly be called that based on what we currently know, which is just that he's trying to redeem the orcs' past. We don't know yet if its an alternate timeline/reality or what. The Blizzcon livefeed from WoWhead implies Garrosh is trying to derail the current timeline: we see the Dark Portal being constructed and what not.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(11-08-2013, 03:47 PM)CappnRob Wrote: While it is redundant and not progressive, I don't think that's a -bad- thing per se. I enjoy revisiting older ideas in a new light, and putting pre-Outland Draenor as a location excites me.

Plus, orcs aren't "the bad guy" again; and Garrosh can hardly be called that based on what we currently know, which is just that he's trying to redeem the orcs' past. We don't know yet if its an alternate timeline/reality or what. The Blizzcon livefeed from WoWhead implies Garrosh is trying to derail the current timeline: we see the Dark Portal being constructed and what not.

First:

Spoiler:
[Image: bconWWWNext03.jpg]

Oh hey, gotta stop the Iron Horde that's being led by Grom instead of Garrosh. Gotta stop those orcs.

Second, all Garrosh did is prevent most clans from drinking Mannoroth's blood because of his hate for demons (even though he is happy to have warlocks enslave demons for his cause in Tides of War). He brings modern technology to Draenor, and guess what the orcs are doing with it? Attacking the draenei. Preparing to cross the Dark Portal and conquer Azeroth and other worlds. That tells me that the orcs are being used as the bad guys. Again.
Orcs were never good guys. Thrall's just idealistic.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Mathias has done a good job of highlighting the main complaints, but since I was questioned I'll explain a bit more.

Yes, we see the return of Durotan. Frankly, Durotan had no role in anything beyond Rise of the Horde, so his return means little to anyone that didn't read that novel. Beyond that, this comes with a mixed blessing, as Blizzard's gaze returning to an older, beloved lore figure can have mixed results. When Blizzard's gaze returned to Jaina, she turned into Grima Wormtongue. In cases like that, I wish Blizzard would have continued to ignore her instead. There's very little -good- that they can do with this story since most of the main characters had satisfying conclusions already in some form, so any mucking about is likely to just make things worse. I think the only character who could have had a better, more satisfying resolution is Nerzhul, since his character was just summarily dropped when Arthas merged with the Lich King and he was never touched again. That said, I have high doubts that Blizzard's writers are going to do anything interesting with Nerzhul to justify an alternate-universe, go-back-in-time plot.

The orcs are the bad guys again, that much has been made clear. But let's make this clear, this isn't just a retread...it's a retread of a retread. The "someone goes and corrupts the orcs to turn them into a raging army" plot has been done -at least- three times now, once already with Garrosh and the first being heavily influenced by his father! Not only can we not let Garrosh just die, we have to bring back his dad, too? Is it really necessary to do that?

What was the point of defeating Garrosh in MoP if not even a beat is missed before he's a central villain again?

Why go back to Draenor for some AU stuff when there are still new places we can go?

It's silly.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
You fool. Look at all the amazing things that could happen in this expansion.

-Even more innocent draenei can now be played
-I can have my orcs meet themselves. WARLORD KIL'SHI MEETS FLOWERPICKER KIL'SHI. DAGRIM MEETS... DAGRIM. SO ON. SO FORTH.
-We'll finally know how large Thunderlord orcs are canonically.
-If we're lucky, we'll get to play BROWN ORCS.
-Kug finally gets to meet actual ogres. AND LEARN THE HISTORY OF HIS PEOPLE. KUG-QUEST 2014.
-YOUNG REXXAR.
-Turalyon?
-Waitaminute. If... the dark portal was never open-.

-UTHER?
-LOTHAR!?
-SYLVANNAS?
-GARITHOS!?
-BLACKMOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!

Garithos leader of Forsaken 2014 confirmed
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Sadly, Turalyon was already confirmed for not showing up. We get more Khadgar instead.
So, here's my thoughts.

I love the art design. Never before have I wanted to roleplay with something more, man. The new character models look great, the new buildings fantastic, all that sort of stuff. I also like the idea that this may be moving towards more warcraft-esque armor [hopefully], given the setting.

But the setting.

Oh my, the setting.

On the opposite side of the coin! I don't mind the idea of messing with time, actually. But I find this sort of plot to be... problematic in a few ways. Mainly where it concerns the orcs.

To my understanding the reason the orcs became bloodthirsty conquerors was due to the demons. They didn't exactly love the Draenei beforehand, but they weren't trying to EXTERRRMINATE them. From what I'm getting from all of the trailers this Iron Horde is the Fel Horde, but brown and with better tech. They're just as evil and genocidal [like Garrosh], only its them being evil now instead of a demon making them be evil.

I don't get this. I don't even care if they just 'weren't as nice' and actually did fight the Draenei, but apparently they're easily led into trying to conquer another world just by Garrosh? Really? All the clans save the Frostwolf hop on board with this? Man, suddenly I don't feel so bad about killing all those mag'har in Outland and seeing how their home got wrecked. Jerks deserved it apparently, all it takes is some machines for them to go crazy with power.

Also, I hate that Garrosh is still around. Garrosh shouldn't be around. It makes his defeat in MoP and thus the entire end-game of that expansion feel completely weightless and pointless if he's able to abscond into another realm and instantly muster an army. The issue to me is that at least from story perspective, the villain has lost nothing. Sure he's been beaten up and lost his control on Azeroth, but in terms of power? He only got stronger somehow. He went from powerful to even more powerful as a result of his being defeated, meaning that all player effort to do so in MoP gets flushed down the toilet. GO DO IT AGAIN.

It's really annoying, and it seems to be a favorite of MMO writers recently since Guiild Wars 2 has been following this trend too, and as much as I love GW2 it sucks just as bad there. Though at least it's not basing an entire expansion around that, so...

Yeah.

I love the art, I hate the story. I'm interested in the gameplay with the garrison they're talking about, but god would roleplay on retail be hard at this level.
Actually I'm wondering if it's everyone except the Frostwolves, or if maybe the Shadowmoon clan will be neutral seeing as the character blurbs make it seem like Ner'zhul and Gul'dan don't get along.

-Forsaken
-Working with Ner'zhul
-"WAIT THIS GUY'S THE LICH KI- SHIGHT!"

Quote:[9:48:35 PM] Seagull: "I haven't even sired you yet."
[9:48:41 PM] Seagull: "But I'm disowning you in advance."
[9:48:52 PM] Seagull: "And leaving you behind in Nagrand when I inevitably go out to fight the Alliance."
[9:49:00 PM] Seagull: "YOU'VE SEALED YOUR OWN FATE GARROSH."
[9:49:16 PM] Rigley: AMAZING
[9:49:17 PM] Rigley: FIVE STARS
[9:49:20 PM | Edited 9:49:21 PM] Rigley: A+
[9:49:23 PM] Rigley: TEN STAHS
.. Am I the only one to think "Well hey. Isn't the dark portal made after the orcs drink demon blood? .. How does Garrosh plan to make the dark portal without the demons?"
Oh, Xigo also noticed it

Other then that? Sure. Time travel crappy story. BUT ERMERGERD FREAKING DRAENOR!

My love for orcs is unfathomable. And now I get to see their world and history? I get to play them? The opportunities there for rp are -huge-.

Also, ya'll been hating on the expansions sense Cata. Stop looking at the bad. Specially you orc/draenie lovers. I really enjoy the idea from an rp stance. So much opportunities (Yes, I'll say that again). Look at that scene between the Frostwolf and the Draenie. First off, Frostwolves are more peaceful then the others (From my understanding. Sure, I'm probably wrong, but it doesn't change point number two). Which is that the Draenie was hiding in the bushes. Stalking his prey. Fighting from the shadows. Ya'll said something about Draenie just being too good of good guys. I don't think that was the iconic Draenie paladin you all seem to think of them as.

What I see with this?

-Plot line after plot line possibilities for rp
-Draenie finally getting a large roll in the 'current' lore.
- Not only the ability to meet yourself, but for the younger orcs, the ability to meet your ancestors (I would enjoy watching Daichi meet his young father/grandfather and such)
-And most importantly? DRAENOR SHALL BE MADE WHOLE! ALL THE ORC CLANS!

All in all? I want this. A lot. It would add such an amazing dimension for the rp we all have said is stale. BRING ON DRAENOR!
...Makes me glad they haven't touched blood elves. I'm sure they'll find a way to ruin all the Orc lore figures.

And Valen.

And the Dreanei.

And the Frostwolves.

And everything else. Woo.

*holds her blood elves to the side, away from the writers.*

Shhh my children. We're safe again.
And then they ruin them during a patch.

Just because they haven't.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Knowing the elves luck, yes. That's all we'll get. A hotfix patch of 'we haven't screwed these guys over yet, ohshit, quick fix that'.

"MAGISTERS TERRACE WAS ONLY A SETBACK."

QQ
Right, so it seems new information has been made since I made that post that has put a foot in my mouth as it were, buuuut-

At the least, the Blackrock and Shattered Hand clans were never friendly or nice. The establishment of Grom as the leader of this "Iron Horde" seems a bit weird, and the Demon Blood hasn't been passed around the table it seems. Gul'dan is green at least, though... yet the Dark Portal is being constructed, but Karabor hasn't been destroyed yet. I'm just gonna wait and see how things unfold, honestly. I see this as potentially very exciting still, and Blizz did say that as the story progresses we have to work with the different clans to get the whole story. Who knows what that could mean though.

Either way, I'm excited for Draenor as a location, an uncorrupted Karabor, and some much needed Draenei lore. I might even be arsed enough to care about Maraad.

EDIT: Shush Reigen BEs got some of the actually good lore in MoP with Dalaran and Lor'themar actually -doing things- >:C
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Oh. I just found the answer to how Garrosh did the time travel.

[Image: Doctor_Who_TARDIS_Air_Freshener.jpg]

Garrosh. 14th Doctor.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blizzard favors Horde too much. World of HORDECraft Zvezdichko 91 16,025 12-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Liamsi
  Blizzard Employees.. No I don't mean snow. TehJarl 4 1,394 06-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Last Post: TehJarl
  The Ballad of Blizzard. Ausius 3 899 03-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Qaza