The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Blizzard trademarks new expac
(11-08-2013, 07:25 PM)Kage Wrote: Oh. I just found the answer to how Garrosh did the time travel.

[Image: Doctor_Who_TARDIS_Air_Freshener.jpg]

Garrosh. 14th Doctor.

That regeneration went -horribly- wrong. Anyways, I guess the final raid on this expansion is the plains of Trenzalor. *hides as only five people on the entire server caught the reference*
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Quote:warlords of draenor - garrosh goes back in time

[Image: afb75f489324809yh1.jpg]
Just made this:

[Image: 2AiSP65.jpg]
I have mixed thoughts about this! It could be pretty neat, but personally I think we should axe the lore for it entirely and salvage what isn't totally immersion-breaking. Although all's good, I guess.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Okay. I'm not defending or bashing Warlords of Draenor, but all these speculation and questions about going back in time...these are all wrong!

Guys, it's an alternate reality Draenor! It's like the Terran Empire of Star Trek! It isn't a time jump! Outlands is still there! You follow Garrosh and Zaela into the portal and get stranded in a pre-bloodlust Draenor.

They're reintroducing the dark portal as a device with which to pass through new worlds and dimensions. This draenor is an alternate dimension pre-bloodlust! Garrosh jumped into a red-colored Dark Portal and set the events for these Tolkien Orcs to be a warmachine! The past is unaffected! Which means Thrall can kill Thrall of that world and nothing happens except there will be no Thrall of that world.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Blizzard is breaking our rules. Vouchban.

Quote:We don't need characters from other dimensions, worlds, etc. or characters that are out of place and make no sense with the current, established lore.
The thing that vexes me the most about all this is why use Garrosh and the orcs? I mean, the only franchise that has more villains than Warcraft at this point is Batman. There are so many better villains you can pull out and do something with. Hell, they could even do time travel with some other villain, if that's what they really wanted. But -why- Garrosh?

Secondly, this whole alternate dimension stinks of bad writing to me. They establish an alternate timeline where stuff is mostly the same but not really? And now they suddenly say "we've got plenty of expansions lined up now?" Ladies and gentlemen, WoW just got ninja rebooted.

This is something that doesn't sit right with me, because WoW always felt to me like it had a distinct sense of progression. Players got increasingly stronger with each expansion and fought progressively stronger and stronger opponents-- I mean, in Cataclysm players had to fight a dragon with the power to shatter the world as we knew it-- but then in MoP that suddenly took a huge misstep and while Pandarens were truly discovered, nothing really happened. No great evil was defeated and Azeroth didn't end up being safer from ancient threats. All it did was rid of us Garrosh... We thought.

In Warlords of Draenor, Blizzard has effectively put the player progression in reverse. And that's where i well and truly say "I'm done." The great sense of progression not just for your character, but the world itself was a thing I always felt stand out in WoW in comparison to other MMORPGs and it's gone now. You as the players start to feel more like He-Man and his merry companions while Garrosh is doing the role of Skeletor. "Nyeeee! you fools! you might have gotten me this time! But I'll get you! Next time!" Or maybe I should compare Garrosh to Team Rocket instead.

I'n short, I guess I should consider myself the fool to actually expect better from Blizz and hope they'd somehow attract me back to the game. I don't see that happening any more.
Spoiler:
<Lack of applause intensifies>

Srsly, that audience at Blizzcon was quiet as all get out. I loved how cringe worthy it was.

Also, how that Alliance rap band didn't get 1st place is beyond me. They were the only ones there with even an iota of talent.

[Image: YJQZeRA.png]
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Am I the only one who likes the idea of a clean slate? Yeah, Blizzard just restarted WoW. From an expansion that you all seemed to dislike. Also, a story in which your character just keeps pushing forward and has no loss? Whats the fun in that? Look at it from a story point of view for your own character. You tried to stop a war, a big one, did. World was going to peace. Alliance and Horde's fighting finally reaching a truce between the King and the Warchief.

A step back for the players isn't a bad thing. So all in all, ya'll have ridiculously high idea of whats to come and what you want. Lets look at something real quick. It's been a never ending progression forward. You killed Illadin. Then Arthas. Then Deathwing. They butchered Garrosh completely. Him becoming a badguy was a terrible idea. Him escaping his trial and suddenly going back in time? Another odd choice. But I wont say it's a horrid and bad thing.

Personally, I like the new idea. I dislike how we got there, but we got there, and I like it. There is a lot of amazing potential. Stop staring at the D on the reportcard and start looking at the As.
(11-09-2013, 05:21 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: Or maybe I should compare Garrosh to Team Rocket instead.

.. This.
[Image: nFHwPlil.jpg]
(11-09-2013, 08:21 AM)JTJP770 Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 05:21 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: Or maybe I should compare Garrosh to Team Rocket instead.

.. This.

Garrosh: To protect the Horde from devastation!

Nazgrim: To destroy all humans with in our nations!

Garrosh: To denounce the evil of dishonor and love!

Nazgrim: To extend our reach to Draenor above!

Garrosh: Garrosh!

Nazgrim: Nazgrim!

Garrosh: Team Orc blast off at the speed of light!

Nazgrim: Surrender now or prepare to fight!

Sha of Pride: Sha, that's right!
(11-09-2013, 08:15 AM)Kage Wrote: Am I the only one who likes the idea of a clean slate? Yeah, Blizzard just restarted WoW. From an expansion that you all seemed to dislike. Also, a story in which your character just keeps pushing forward and has no loss? Whats the fun in that? Look at it from a story point of view for your own character. You tried to stop a war, a big one, did. World was going to peace. Alliance and Horde's fighting finally reaching a truce between the King and the Warchief.

A step back for the players isn't a bad thing. So all in all, ya'll have ridiculously high idea of whats to come and what you want. Lets look at something real quick. It's been a never ending progression forward. You killed Illadin. Then Arthas. Then Deathwing. They butchered Garrosh completely. Him becoming a badguy was a terrible idea. Him escaping his trial and suddenly going back in time? Another odd choice. But I wont say it's a horrid and bad thing.

Personally, I like the new idea. I dislike how we got there, but we got there, and I like it. There is a lot of amazing potential. Stop staring at the D on the reportcard and start looking at the As.

If you're going to reboot a game, say it instead of hiding the reboot behind shoddy writing.

I'm not against reboots. In fact I think they can be really great if done right. I also like revisits to old parts of a series. But there were so many better ways to do this whole thing and it just strikes me as outrageously lazy. And when a game company does something so important so lazily, I won't trust them with the results.

Then I have issues with them not just saying "yeah, it's a reboot" but instead skirting around the fact that they pretty much did reboot WoW. I wouldn't call it a reboot if they hadn't also said "we've got a line of expansions planned now." Makes it feel like they're sticking to it.
Spoiler:
In other news, I've heard second-hand from someone who was at Blizzcon that Danath Trollbane will be returning to take charge of the League of Arathor in a revised Arathi Basin.

Crown Prince Galen Trollbane may be leading the Defilers.

This might mean the Sons of Lothar themselves are returning and they may be reclaiming small sections of Stromgarde and Lordaeron, although Blizz have said that these lands (and the Forsaken who are running rampant over them) won't be much of a focus.

Spoiler:
(11-08-2013, 04:26 PM)Xigo Wrote: Garithos leader of Forsaken 2014 confirmed

pls pls pls pls
[Image: 30swz0j.png]

I tried.

Also, excerpts from the Q&A
How is this time travel going to work with the story?
-We aren't going back in time, the Dark Portal is turning red, bad guys are coming through. We look at the Orc Clans as they were, but things are happening now. The end of this expansion will launch the next one.

Will we have two of characters due to the time travel?
-No, this isn't a time travel or paradox story, it is about going to Draenor.

Is there a chance of looking at alternative realities based on what we change by going back in time?
-Yes, it will give us that opportunity. It affects our current timeline, but does not affect the past.

Did Outland happen or was it changed by going back in time?
-Outland is still out there.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
(11-03-2013, 10:02 PM)muhaha8 Wrote:
(11-03-2013, 07:12 PM)Reigen Wrote: Inb4 Garrosh escapes his trail and flees to Outlands and build his new horde there because Orgrimmar was just a setback.

I will cry and eat my hat in the same action if this happens.

I looked back on the thread and remembered this. Make sure you do it on camera. Just gonna tag you here @muhaha8 so that you'll see it.
Spoiler:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blizzard favors Horde too much. World of HORDECraft Zvezdichko 91 16,025 12-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Liamsi
  Blizzard Employees.. No I don't mean snow. TehJarl 4 1,394 06-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Last Post: TehJarl
  The Ballad of Blizzard. Ausius 3 899 03-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Qaza