The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Blizzard trademarks new expac
Hallelujah. I really want this.
Yeah, I can't wait for more detailed gnome twerking either!
Jokes aside, I -love- the new models textures, I wish my PC could handle them. :c
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
As for the hunchbacked orcs...
I mean, I get trying to preserve the original "feel" of the PCs; after the female worgen, I can't blame them.
It is kinda annoying; most lore orc characters are depicted as upright figures, even in the promotional art...
Except one. Who is using fel.

OK, I'm willing to accept a canon or even fanon retcon that a predisposition to being hunchbacked is linked with fel exposure.

That being said, screw me for picking back up that update on wow PC textures that I've been working on...
(11-11-2013, 09:54 AM)Dae Wrote: That being said, screw me for picking back up that update on wow PC textures that I've been working on...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm? Do elaborate.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Wow. The lore behind this new expansion is like some horribly written fanfiction. Heres how I imagine Metzen pitching the idea;

"okay so dis storeee is whare Garrosh ESCAPESESZ his executional b4 dey can kil him (cos he so BADASS) adn he gets a TIEEEEEEEEEMMMM MAAAASSHIIIIIINNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!12!!`1 to go back n tiem whare he furms DA IRON HOARD wich is like regularz hoard but BETTAR cos dey have MODERN TECHMOLOGIESZ wif gunz adn stuf adn he try 2 saev teh day by maek HOARD not drink da DEMONZ BLUD maekin' him da HERO OF TIEM!"

As I've always said, I am SO glad I'm not invested in the Warcraft storyline anymore. My head would just explode about every expansion they make.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
It's been said twice, but let's say it again: Seriously. Let's get WoD, ignore the lore and just lock off Pandaria / Draenor B until we get there ICly. I'M NOT WAITING FOUR YEARS FOR NON-POTATOED TAUREN.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW TWEAKED OUT I'M GETTING OVER THIS

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Welllll, my question is, when a MoP core does pop up, will it become the next server, despite the public acknowledgement that MoP sucks? (I think it doesn't.)
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
(11-11-2013, 04:42 PM)Maulbane Wrote: It's been said twice, but let's say it again: Seriously. Let's get WoD, ignore the lore and just lock off Pandaria / Draenor B until we get there ICly. I'M NOT WAITING FOUR YEARS FOR NON-POTATOED TAUREN.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW TWEAKED OUT I'M GETTING OVER THIS

Those dorfs, Maul.

THOSE

DORFS
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
At this point, with lore going wonky as cuss, part of me wishes we had just stuck with Wotlk lore and pick and chose what we wanted from there. I know a big part of what makes CotH what it is is to use canon lore as a standard upon which to build our little continuity of Azeroth, but I feel like the story hit its climax at Wotlk, had its jimmies rustled by a dragon that skewed the status quo of the land, went off to panda land for a while (which in itself is harmless enough) and then decided to throw some lighter fluid over the coals of the WC:O&H orc craziness and wanted to watch it all burn.

That being said, as a game, I totally have to admit that this scenario sounds really really fun.
All that old Warcraft lore stuff? Let's just revisit it in WoW and watch the new fight the old! This is admittedly epic for the game's general audience, so I can't really get too mad at Blizz.

As for the de-potatoed character models, it may be possible just to apply a patch upon the new models' release, just as some of us are doing for our Worgen ladies.

And C0r, the project was nothing special, just a general retouch of the race textures, especially to try and deal with the harsh textures and colors. Except for the Tauren ladies. Holy cheese puffs, Blizz did so bad with those models. The stretching is horrendous. Like, just aweful. female Worgen live models are an embarrassment to art design, but the lady Tauren make me feel so cry. I pray they don't mess them up, though they didn't disappoint with the lady pandas, so it's not going to be another Femworg fiasco, I'm sure.
[Image: ku-xlarge.png]
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
That's correct! Except the connection to Alpha Draenor (Outland) isn't severed, from what the interview says!

There will probably be some gnome wearing a traffic officer uniform standing at the base of the dark portal who switches the portal between green and red.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
I will be -sorely- dissapointed if we do not get an Emmet Brown gnome NPC who gives us quests to explain how this crazy-pants BttF style time travel works now ;C
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
So much for that "Dark Below" Old God-themed xpac or whatever the rumor was.

I do give Blizzard some props, though, that I haven't given them in a long time: they realized at last that writing completely new lore to extend the story was getting out-of-hand and turning off many players. Going back in time to the prequel lore was an innovative choice.

Even though I don't play retail anymore, I do also like some of the things they decided to do with some of the retail mechanics, like the level boost and the item squish. If I were to ever start playing retail again, it would probably be with WoD.

Needs moar slopes imo
Needs moar archaeology imo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blizzard favors Horde too much. World of HORDECraft Zvezdichko 91 16,025 12-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Liamsi
  Blizzard Employees.. No I don't mean snow. TehJarl 4 1,394 06-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Last Post: TehJarl
  The Ballad of Blizzard. Ausius 3 899 03-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Qaza