The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Blood Elf common knowledge
All praise the holy mold!

What about the Blood Elves? Do don´t they know about the Naaru? Or is it a government secret?
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Grakor456 Wrote:Priests, meanwhile, are probably more "psionic" than actually magical. Their powers are based solely on their own faith and force of will. The object of their faith is actually irrelevant: a Priest could have faith in the mold that grows from bread left out for too long, and so long as the Priest sincerely believed that this mold held the answers to how one should live his/her life, he/she could perform miracles and melt faces in the mold's name.
All Hail Lord Banjo!
*Grovels before the Mighty Hand Puppet*
Jivundus: Unbound Fury
Gwendolyna: Priestess of the Light
Clauda: Master Smith and Smiter of Kneecaps
Nostra Wrote:What about the Blood Elves? Do don´t they know about the Naaru? Or is it a government secret?

I'm not sure it's explicitly stated one way or the other. Like I said, they hid the Naaru away from public eyes, but they also had to *get* him there one way or the other, so it's unlikely the populous would be totally in the dark as to his existence.

Even if the general populous didn't know about it and what it's for, there would undoubtedly be rumors to that effect.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Okay here is something that is confusing me, as far as I can gather its being said that Blood elf paladins did not exist, till they stole Mu'ru and took the power. Yet in the Wester Plaguelands there is a Blood elf that gives you a quest to defile Uthers tomb. His reasoning behind it was that he was one of Uthers students in the Silver Hand. Wouldn't this imply that they had the capability to become paladins?
Norana:adorable paladin of potential destruction
Yeah, there were a small handful of High Elven Paladins, I think. Thing is, they've got the Fel thing now, thanks to Kael, and that would logically cause them to lose the ability to use the Light with normal means.
I am your DIGNITY

Because you have none.
The High Elves had faith in the Light, but they lost their connection with it after they changed to Blood Elves. The Light (Naaru) essentially abandoned them at that point, so they couldn't become Paladins again until after the Naaru was brought to Silvermoon. (They could, however, still become Priests...again, because the Light doesn't have to actually approve of their Priests, they just have to sincerely believe in it still.)

That's how I understood it, at least. The lore is full of little (read: huge forking) holes like this.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Grakor456 Wrote:
Nostra Wrote:What about the Blood Elves? Do don´t they know about the Naaru? Or is it a government secret?

I'm not sure it's explicitly stated one way or the other. Like I said, they hid the Naaru away from public eyes, but they also had to *get* him there one way or the other, so it's unlikely the populous would be totally in the dark as to his existence.

Even if the general populous didn't know about it and what it's for, there would undoubtedly be rumors to that effect.

A few things I thought I'd mention. All blood knights obviously know about Mu'ru, but more than that if you walk into the blood knight hall you can hear them speaking openly about it. (as do many other questgivers if I remember correctly.) Beyond that, we know that the Silvermoon Magisters know of Mu'ru since they are helping to keep him imprisoned. Thirdly, we know that the Farstriders know of Mu'ru based on the conversations we can hear them having in farstrider square, and their expressed disdain. In total, three major blood elf organizations are known to be aware of Mu'ru's imprisonment and the blood elves draining him. That's at least a chunk of the population to which the knowledge is at least available to those who seek it.

This same hall is also where the other horde battlemasters are, just a few steps away from the balcony where you can look down and see Mu'ru. Now it's not explicitly stated whether or not the Blood Knight hall is as open to the public canonically as it is in game. (is it realistically possible for any blood elf on the street to walk in and look down at Mu'ru?) The same can be said for the awareness of the other horde battlemasters. (they had to walk in there at some point, did they look down the balcony when they passed it? Or are they just gameplay tools who shouldn't be considered canonical NPCs?)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Common Misconception about Black Cloth Zenethen 4 4,032 10-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Vrahn
  How far does WoWUniverse knowledge stretch? Valicor 6 1,194 09-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  A Common Lore Mistake lemmi 9 2,412 07-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Monolith