The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Blood elf military.
So, I got some of them questions creeping up on me, maybe you could help by answering some?

Silvermoon Rangers, are they the same as the Farstriders?

Anyone know what the "normal" military is called? what units are in it and such stuff?

Thanks before hand.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Silvermoon Rangers and Farstriders I believe are the same, according to Wiki, Silvermoon Rangers can be found in Farstriders' Square. And the Ranger-General (Halduron Brightwing) of the Farstriders can be found in Silvermoon City itself, so yes I presume they're both the same.

The Ranger Corps are a group of High Elves from Quel'Thalas, they are in charge of the defense in Quel'Thalas itself. They where lead by the Ranger-General (Sylvanas Windrunner), who was the leader of the Military forces. I don't think anyone knows what happened to the Ranger Corps, but I like to think they renamed to the "Farstriders" after they joined forces with the Horde.

Basically I don't know exactly what you call their Military force, but personally, I would refer to them as "Rangers".

Edit: The Farstriders/rangers dislike Blood Knights. Just thought I'd add that.
Ardayus Moulaine - SI:7 Agent : Brutally Murdered

Zul'rin Zanzoa - The Exiled Frostmane
I thought they were the same but wasn´t sure, and in the wiki I read about the farstriders being divided(?) with some clinging to their High Elven heritage, them being located in a lodge in Loch Modan. But the majority of the Farstriders seem to have stayed in Quel´thalas, becoming Blood Elves.

I also read, unsure were(might have been the WoWWiki) that the Farstriders had a small number of members, and that they didn´t handle the defense of Quel´thalas in a grand scale but were more of forest patrollers and a more specialized unit that co-operated to some degree with the army. That´s also how I´ve interpreted the Blood Knights. What I mean is that they (Blood Knights and Farstriders) seem to be more of special units which stand outside of the army doing what they see as important(As long as it furthers the goals of the government/state/king, although the Farstriders seems to dislike the current state of the...state)

(I´m unsure if this makes any sense...just ask if you want me to clarify anything. I am well aware that sometimes when I write stuff it becomes very unclear, mostly because I jump over words when writing and sometimes smashes sentences together.)

What I am after mostly is the name and/or who the "normal" soldiers are? I mean in WC3 they had the "footmen" and Spellbreakers(>!<) Are they part of the "normal" army?

But of-course the Blood Elven population is said to be pretty small now, or at least smaller than when they were High Elves, So maybe they don´t have a regular army?
Maybe the soldiers Kael have/had where volunteers or conscripts, creating an army in when it was needed.

Well, I don't even think it mentions the name of the Military, but if you're going to go by Warcraft III then take their rank names, but I just gave you the information that I knew. Nothing more. And being part of such a great alliance, do they even need an Army.. who knows?

*sigh* Bloody elves, nothing with them is easy. Not even loving them!

Well thanks anyway, I´ll be looking around for more info, who knows I might stumble on something.

I blame the parents. But yeah, fish around you might find something, try not to use Wiki as much, as it isn't totally reliable, talk to a few quest givers on Viel and actually read the quest description, you'd be surprised how much information you can actually find there. Anyway, Good luck with that.

Fun facts:

The training halls for the Hunters in Farstrider Square is specifically named the Ranger's Hall, so the Rangers still do indeed exist, and they have a rather bitter rivalry with the Blood Knights. The BKs are also stationed within the Square, for the record.

Farstrider Square has most of the military-related trainers within it...Paladins, Hunters, and Blacksmithing are all there.

If you look through the mobs within the BE areas in Ghostlands and Eversong, you'll notice one particular trend. NONE of the mobs named as Farstriders use a bow. They are all instead armed with a single, light hand weapon...either a sword or a dagger. They also all typically wear mail in the BE-style. Meanwhile, named Rangers almost always use a bow, while named Blood Knights are almost always in plate.

Judging from this information and their role in the BE quests, the most logical conclusion is that the Farstriders are the military grunts, while the Blood Knights and the Rangers are specialized units. It's not for certain, but it seems pretty clear that the Farstriders *aren't* Hunters or Paladins, and that they aren't as high up as either.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
"For example, the Farstriders, a small but elite group of blood elf rangers,"

From the WoW Encyclopedia,
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/enc ... ia/338.xml

Topic Blood Elves and the Horde

That makes it kindda clear doesn´t it? :/
And the Rangers standing guard at the dead scar all wield a pair of swords, And then there´s the Ranger with a bow in the Ghostlands holding a bow, She got a little note under her name saying Farstrider. This cof-course mean that Rangers are some sort of novice rank within the Farstriders.

But stenson12 directed my interest to the NPC Aeldon Sunbrand, in Falconwing Square. He is a Captain of an organization called the Blood Hawks, If anyone knows anything about them I´ll be HIGHLY interested.

Also, I wonder I´m sitting on a character and I´m unsure what "path" to take with him. Is it possible for me to make him some sort of officer in the blood elven army? or should I go with my original idea and make him an ex-soldier of it?

When saying officer I don´t mean like general or such rather a sergeant or lieutenant.

Nostra Wrote:"For example, the Farstriders, a small but elite group of blood elf rangers,"

From the WoW Encyclopedia,
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/enc ... ia/338.xml

Topic Blood Elves and the Horde

That makes it kindda clear doesn´t it? :/

If Blizzard says so. If they intended the Farstriders to be a "small but elite group of rangers," they did an exceedingly poor job of portraying them as such in the game.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silvermoon military question requiem225 10 3,047 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Last Post: flammos200