The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Break Time
Just don't feel in touch with CoTH right now. Feeling a little alienated, sure a lot will say I do that to myself, but fact of the matter is---just don't feel the community of CoTH right now. Whether or not that's "my problem" or if I'm a jerk for it or whatever is another matter entirely, just for my own personal reasons I don't feel in touch here anymore.

That's my own personal reason for not logging on, I won't assume my problem branches to the server as a whole, but I know from my perspective that's why I haven't been on as much. I love CoTH, just think I don't go with it from time to time, because I question a lot of the major cliques at the time and I probably should just accept some crap instead of trying to go against the grain.

Ah well, guess it's better to say "I don't fit right now" than exacerbate things beyond that. Take care CoTH, don't be surprised when I change my mind and come back quicker than expected, because I'm making this as more of a heads up to those I frequently RP with that probably are wondering why I don't log on as much anymore.

Sorry!
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Please don't go.

The drones need you.

They look up to you.
I agree and understand this. I think the community has changed, and whether its the 'back in my day' stuff or something different entirely I can understand your sentiment. It isn't an insult to the people here, it wasn't 'better' back in the day it was just what was preferred. A lot of subtleties I've noticed that are different but what I've come to notice and I know you're aware is how the server fluctuates almost like seasons. I always encourage attempting to enter cliques. But I think I saw you say something to the effect of ( paraphrasing )"I want to make Chars I enjoy and am inspired to make, instead of chars for a specific storyline or clique." at least I think it was you. Regardless I understand, take care.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
I know that feeling bro. I've never been one for Cliques as it is. I wish you luck with what ever you plan to do. Oh, a quick trick I kinda learned but am still trying to work is take the character you want and introduce them to a clique that doesn't match them at all. Sometimes it provides great rp (Other times it just puts your character in the background) but when it does work, your character has a setting.

Oh, I found a button you may like (Or at least I hope so. I like it at least)

[Image: rebel_4_life_custom_color_button-r0b4f4a...vr_324.jpg]

Never change Harmonic. Going against the grain only means you're being you. Nothing wrong with that.
Less the grain is a cheese grater. Don't go the wrong way with that.
Deja vu.
(10-03-2013, 07:53 AM)Cassius Wrote: Deja vu.

Yep. Imagine that.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(10-03-2013, 02:55 AM)ThePharaoh Wrote: I agree and understand this. I think the community has changed, and whether its the 'back in my day' stuff or something different entirely I can understand your sentiment. It isn't an insult to the people here, it wasn't 'better' back in the day it was just what was preferred. A lot of subtleties I've noticed that are different but what I've come to notice and I know you're aware is how the server fluctuates almost like seasons. I always encourage attempting to enter cliques. But I think I saw you say something to the effect of ( paraphrasing )"I want to make Chars I enjoy and am inspired to make, instead of chars for a specific storyline or clique." at least I think it was you. Regardless I understand, take care.

And that was indeed something I said a long, long time ago and still feel true to. It's one of those "I want to roll something that suits me, not the standard" type feelings.

Sometimes stuff like Gnomes get popular and I just don't feel I can roll with it. Other times, I get in with a group on a character I absolutely love to play. It's just very dependent on what's going on at the time. And in no way am I trying to say "It was better when", as you've also stated. A lot of people I think read in to me that way---it's just like you said, it was different and in some ways preferable.

Hell, even a year ago things were just... different. I remember a lot of people on and it being a lot of fun. A -lot- of fun. Thing is, something has changed or people are getting bored--- to me, a lot has changed that I perceive and I don't know how I feel about it.

Things just feel more strict in some areas, and less in others... and to me it's an odd balance.

Good to know some feel the same way, Pharaoh, and can understand it. Sometimes I feel like I'm talkin' crazy talk.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gone, for the time being. Geoni 13 2,937 08-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  One More Time! WindZealot 4 1,563 05-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Last Post: WindZealot
  Time to go. Stealthscout 14 2,555 04-22-2014, 10:39 AM