The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Thoughts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Great idea!
57.89%
11 57.89%
Terrible idea!
0%
0 0%
Develop the idea and I'll get back to you.
42.11%
8 42.11%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

But I dont know how to Rp as a <insert epic race here>
Eh. I for one have the most fun with my humans, worgen, and elves. *Shrugs* I mean, this is cool I guess if people really wanna branch out and try all the races, but it feels like it'd turn into a flavor of the week type thing considering our population. In which case, most of us will probably have to become alt-a-holics to sustain such a thing, which... I already am to begin with.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Yeah, I don't mean to criticize this idea and say that it shouldn't happen, because it's something that could be seen as useful if set up correctly. And it makes me happy to see that people are wanting to give consideration to players who don't know everything about the lore and want to be eased into it through RP. And like you said, helping these players will eventually help them feel more welcome on the server and perhaps increase the server's population. Because it would also increase the player's confidence and give him/her some new RP friends to boot.

(09-22-2013, 10:00 AM)therew Wrote: A guild for each race would be overkill to say the least. I was thinking more of a sign up sheet. A simple forum topic that lets people say there's a race they want to learn about. Once it gets to be about 5 or so the team we have arranged to help teach, be they players or gms, would coach them in a starting area of their race that way our little noobies can get some real attention and assistance developing their character.

There doesn't really need to be an agreed upon starting area, since it might become less inclusive if you set a certain location in stone. Instead, any location where the race can be found should do.

A guild for each race would be overkill indeed. A good example of what to do with such a system is to...for another example...combine the sign-ups for Dwarves and Gnomes together, since both are rarely played. Old Horde races can work similarly.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
(09-22-2013, 12:11 PM)Harmonic Wrote: Eh. I for one have the most fun with my humans, worgen, and elves. *Shrugs* I mean, this is cool I guess if people really wanna branch out and try all the races, but it feels like it'd turn into a flavor of the week type thing considering our population. In which case, most of us will probably have to become alt-a-holics to sustain such a thing, which... I already am to begin with.

Flavor of the week may not be a bad thing if it means people are trying different things, IMO. Usually just takes one good(or bad) experience to decide if someone's going to really try out a character/race/etc. Not to say everyone does that, but just saying. Flavor of the week/months happen already, might as well try and use it as a learning experience for people and get some goodness out of it.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Race Elimination Game 2: Electric Nubaloo Nymus 17 3,156 07-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Hawk
  Race Elimination Game Nymus 198 20,393 10-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Altaine
  Where can I find RP for my character? RP activity based on Race/Class Geoni 1 908 02-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Caravan
  Re-done Race Relation Guide, Preparing for Cata Harmonic 25 4,305 02-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  New Race Preference? Yau 21 3,739 04-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Last Post: CappnRob