The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

"Buy" Usertitle
I think for me it's more of the idea that they took something that once wasn't dependent on us using some currency to buy it, and now it does. It just doesn't seem cool.

Coming from someone that posts often, and changes their title often, it feels like I -do- have to go out of my way to keep up with it.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I'm influenced to spam pointless threads now to obtain my gold.
Forum signatures are still free, right? If you wanted some message to show by your forum posts, I don't see why that can't be used instead until you get the money for one.
Well, it's part of the whole like, user CP thing. You get your signature, and your avatar, then you've got this title that doesn't make sense? Woops, but I bought the banana rocket Mk. II and have two gold... guess I better go and find one of the spam topics to make gold!

Just feels like something was taken away rather than made a new feature. It's ultimately insignificant, sure, but... it still took something away and makes us have to use some sort of payment to get it.

I'm not arguing that it's not easy, I'm just saying something that used to be free is no longer free.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

10 posts ain't that big of a deal.
(05-09-2013, 03:06 PM)Sorum Wrote: 10 posts ain't that big of a deal.

Neither would be letting us have it back for free like it used to be.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I think it would be productive to put up a poll for what kinds of items/things/whatever the gold system should be used for. That way there would be a consensus among the community. And perhaps an explanation as to how it will work. I just purchased a goblin rocket launcher and I have no idea what it is.

I can't tell what you even buy to change the user title.

Edit: Derp, now I see it.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
The 'Buy Usertitle' has it's own tab, it's not in the shop.
Well... Back on the old forum engine, we couldn't change our usertitles at all.

I guess I'm one of those who sincerely doesn't care much about the titles. If anything, they make me nervous because I have to make up a cool one like everyone else.

That said, we'd have to get @Kretol 's input on the usertitles. Discussion back and forth's most likely not going to lead anywhere since most of all the arguments have been mentioned already.
Back and forth generates gold for us to change our Usertitle.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
Alright, the cost has been lowered to 50g. This is equivalent to: <=2.5 new threads, <=5 posts (replies), or any mixture of the other ways you can gain gold.
May I remind folks, as Lox mentioned, that changing usertitles has not been possible forever, and I only enabled it a while after changing to the MyBB forum. I decided to tie it into the forum gold system because folks that actually change their title are probably active on the forums anyway, which means they should be able to make the gold even easier (and help discourage people from just throwing their gold away).

As a side note, the Collectibles are really just something for people that may have a desire to... well, collect. I've already done testing for redeemable items in-game, which has worked well so far.
I don't mind it. I'll just…never change the title.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
I made a difference for once! I am pleased~
Even if it's a small change. Thank ya, Kretol.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
GUYS

EVERYBODY ARGUE ABOUT IT IN HERE

ALL THE TITLES WE COULD EVER WANT
SOL YOUR POINT IS INVALID AND WRONG.

HOW DARE YOU OFFEND MY HONOR.