The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

CW : Love it or Hate it?
Nope. You don't need anything really to have a memorable conflict rp. Could be as simple as two guys having a drinking contest to the duel(s) of the centuries. So personally, CW's aren't needed. They add a flair of "I can remove a limb or even kill you!" which has a large effect ICly, but its not needed for Successful conflict rp.
I never really saw a CW as something needed [for memorable RP]. I've had so many memorable RPs that never involved a CW, many of them fights. To me, the conflict becomes even better when it's a constant back and forth struggle, rather than meeting once and dealing with the issue. Reoccurring villains make the best villains, and they have the cheesiest lines!
(11-06-2013, 09:38 AM)Reigen Wrote: I never really saw a CW as something needed [for memorable RP]. I've had so many memorable RPs that never involved a CW, many of them fights. To me, the conflict becomes even better when it's a constant back and forth struggle, rather than meeting once and dealing with the issue. Reoccurring villains make the best villains, and they have the cheesiest lines!

It was merely a setback!
(11-06-2013, 08:18 AM)Valicor Wrote: Reviving this thread to once again spark conversation with a question;

In your opinion, is a CW necessary for successful, memorable conflict RP? Even as small-scale as a 1v1 fight, is a CW necessary to make an RP event really involving and important (as far as conflict is concerned)?

90% of all my conflict RP has never involved a CW. In fact, I've only gotten a CW like... twice? One of them WAS very memorable and had my ass on the edge of my seat with suspense, and the other was.... less well handled, largely on my part.

CWs are fun but they don't make the world go 'round.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I love CWs. Like the rest of you I've only gotten a couple. I've seen plenty of them tossed about and some of the drama from them, but that really doesn't weigh on my opinion. A good share of my conflict RP has resulted in serious injuries simply because I prefer it that way.

Both of my resulting deaths from CWs were trusted. One was part of a storyline and the other was in a tournament fight to the death. The first I tried to bring back, but it never really stuck. This one I'm recovering from has added little to the character aside from a change of direction.

My concluding thoughts based on my experiences are twofold. CWs really do keep you on the edge of your seat, but I've found the death lacking if I try to bring them back.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Character Warnings are definitely needed. I think if you are willing to put your characters in stupid situations, yes, you should pay the consequences.

Or if you are going to be in a fight, take legit damage. If you get stabbed, act like it. :c
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why I love the community... HazelTheNut 6 1,505 07-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Vladdy
  Love Languages Ural 15 3,283 05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Getting Down: Love and Eroticism in Roleplay Jonoth 44 7,779 05-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Krent
  "Make love, not warcraft!" A Plea for Positivity. Zarquon 20 3,690 05-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Adam255
  What kind of RP do you like/tolerate/hate ? Cepht 25 3,915 02-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Jason