The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Can Gnomeregan be saved?
-Message purged.-
Is it possible? Probably.

Is it likely to happen? Probably not.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I think the only way to quell the Troggs would be to kill the Stonejaw Chieftan in Uldaman ICly.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
It's not just a matter of explaining it ICly, though that is a concern (you'd need an army to clear it out, and Ironforge/Stormwind are still too concerned with protecting each other from demons and undead.)

The problem comes in with an idea like this is that clearing out and re-populating an area takes time. Time that may be put to better use elsewhere. For a relevant example, I'll point to Zul'Senjari, which Qaza did on her own time. While the area looks wonderful, it sees very little use, except when one of Qaza's own characters are involved.

And that's the thing, what's saying Gnomeregan would be any different when it is "saved"? Drudaen Tavern is a custom area that's popular, but that's because it's cross-faction and not quite as epic in scope. The proposed Gnomer would be a big undertaking, one that would likely see little use for the effort put into it due to the fact that it'd essentially be Alliance-only, and centric on one of the less-popular races besides.

In order for something like this to happen, a GM would have to feel properly motivated to do it on his/her own time on his/her own volition. One of them could prove me wrong, but I don't think anyone really wants to do that right now.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
-Message purged.-
Secrettom Wrote:(AKA - This would set events in Azeroth a few steps further, instead of feeling like nothing new is really going on.)

Players are allowed to set up their own storylines and follow them through. So instead of sitting around Drudaen you can go out there and do... stuff!

I myself must admit that the tea-party RP (though enjoyable at times) is getting a little... repetitive and monotone. Not all storylines need an epic ending, some may just go on and on.

When going with this plot to retake Gnomeregan, don´t think to much about the goal and the end, but concentrate on the journey there, because that´s where all the fun RP is at. That goes for all role-play by the way.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

-Message purged.-
Still though, as Grak said, don't get your hopes up as this is a technical issue and a large RP issue. You'd need an army, again, for one. Without one, you'd get slaughtered.

For two, having a GM clear out an instance, set it as a permanant area, and re-populating it is a -pain-. As Grak said, this is centered around a lesser-played race, and therefore really limits who can RP. If one of us made this area, it would see -very- little use. The troll area we do have, isn't used much, sadly.

So, before you do this whole RP, and "attempt" things, you have to remember, you are putting your life in immenant danger, you will more than likely die, and we are probably not going to take the extreme effort required to clear the place.

Sorry.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

It could be more like the situation in TZH, where the guild constantly goes in to retrieve items (like you've said), but actually has little hope of ever retaking Gnomeregan.
Secrettom Wrote:Thank you! :D

I have already started a guild (Called the "Gnomeregan Restoration Committee") which is going to be used to keep the population of leper gnomes/ Troggs in the area at a low level (along with salvaging what technology is still inside) ...and then we can see where things go from there!
Your guild could aid my guild (Gnomeregan Exiled Forces), which is more focused on the battle and killing Mekigneer.

I would gladly spend my time remaking Gnomeregan, if I knew how and had the powers! xD

But alas, it is a dream.

Edit :: I might establish a force of people who go in to scavenge items and tech out of Gnomeregan, using the TZH idea. But, it'd be hard to do; very hard to do, that is.
Furidan: The Elven Woodsman
Gazzick Tabblebolt: The Engineer Master!
[Image: a10a881f7c7a1fb2c3839d662ebaa24a.jpg]
That is a great idea! My guild could prevent any further outbreaks, and attempt to keep the city standing, along with trying to figure out the exact events of the disaster, while yours attempts to "clean out" whats inside, between Troggs, leper gnomes and Mekigneer

Quote:I would gladly spend my time remaking Gnomeregan, if I knew how and had the powers! xD
Same here -_-

All we need now are more Gnomes~
That might be a problem, could be better to join forces seeing as the server has a low population to begin with. To divide yourself into two groups will just lower any chances you got to make any success in Gnomeregan. And stop focusing so much on retaking the place and put more effort in the RP that matters. As I´ve said its the journey that is fun, when the goal is achieved what do you do?
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Could we dethrone Sicco? The radiation would remain, making it uninhabitable for a while, but still.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
I'm a newbie here, so this is just my opinion as someone who's done a lot of WoW RP and even run a server.

See, anyone can go in there and kill all the Troggs/Lepers and fight the boss and win without any roleplay. That doesn't mean Gnomeregan is saved. While a changing storyline is a good thing on a server, four or five people shouldn't necessarily be able to change such a huge part of lore on a whim. I'd think that to do this, you'd need the approval of the admins/GM-Team (after all, they'd be the ones working to populate it after) and a whole server-wide initiative to get the whole thing to even work. This could very well be a fun RP event if we're talking 20-30 people participating.

But even then, the question of realism stands. Gnomeregan is definitely something on the front of all the Gnome's minds, but they're not quite rushing to take it back- they have problems on their home base and with the Forsaken/Plaguev2/Outlands. Three huge problems have/had just hit the Alliance and Horde- and a bunch of Lepers and Troggs chillin' in Gnomer is not high on the to-do list. Realistically, to take it back would require a few hundred soldiers, not just a handful of people who are only powerful since they're playable characters.

It's not my choice, it's not my jurisdiction, I'm just helping with the brainstorm here. This could make a great event if all the server and the GMs/Admins got involved (controlling the Troggs and Lepers could make it so that there is not just internal RP).
Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh
Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!
"A single death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic."
"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
-Иосиф Сталин (Joseph Stalin)

Agreed. Before even -thinking- about taking care of the city they're going to want to stop the Legion and Scourge. Gnomes are smart. Who in the right mind ( of a gnome ) would go and save their city, with many casualties, air it out and rebuild it? I would say it was a good idea just like that, but the Legion and the Scourge -are- attacking! The Gnomes won't be saying "Screw the Alliance and everything else in the world! Let's get our city back!". So, my opinion would be to wait. If and when the Legion and Scourge are stopped, then plan this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gnomes before Gnomeregan. Bovel 6 1,252 04-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Last Post: SweetSpirit
  Gnomeregan Reclaimation Megathread! SPOILERS WITHIN Secrettom 12 2,355 03-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Nostra
  gnomeregan austinatops 1 695 10-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Anski