The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Cata Profile Question
So, I was thinking on it the other day, as I had assumed one way, then thought "Gee, it could be another way and I wouldn't know it."

In order to get our characters leveled on the Cataclysm server, is it -absolutely mandatory- we edit our profiles to reflect the happenings of the Cataclysm?

What I mean, is that if the character isn't wholly effected on a grand scale, nor do they have any altering or changing history, will I still have to re-submit my profiles and make the edits into this? I'm just curious because certain characters I have I probably wouldn't mention any significant changes if I didn't have to, but want to double check before I go about assuming and asking for a level up only to be told otherwise.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Not a GM obviously, but just some type of feedback because I had this same exact question. Profiles to my knowledge had to mention world/lore events that shaped the char. But when I asked about reprofiling since this is a 'soft-restart- I was told that re-submits didn't need changes if they weren't any effects on significantly on the player. Hopefully a GM will back this up or say Its 100% false but I was under the impression that one could re-submit a profile that was completed for WoTLK and it could be called a day. Since we were Rping up until the events of Cata anyway.

Adding "And then a dragon came out at the end." seems a bit silly but if the rules were the way they have been in the past we'd have to do it. So in short my verdict is no but I could be super wrong.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
From what I gather it's optional by I personally think that every player should ponder upon how the Shattering affected them even if they weren't around to experience it in person. It's one of those days like 9/11, everyone will remember where they were and what they were doing.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(04-23-2013, 09:45 PM)Bovel Wrote: From what I gather it's optional by I personally think that every player should ponder upon how the Shattering affected them even if they weren't around to experience it in person. It's one of those days like 9/11, everyone will remember where they were and what they were doing.

Sorry, but when I recount all the major of factors of my own life, 9/11 doesn't even occur to me.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(04-23-2013, 09:50 PM)Rensin Wrote: Sorry, but when I recount all the major of factors of my own life, 9/11 doesn't even occur to me.

Yet I think you remember where you were and what you were doing when you first heard or saw about it? It's not the most perfect analogy because the Shattering directly affected everyone on Azeroth since the earthquakes were everywhere, plus some elemental disturbances and other natural disasters. Only those in Outland would be unaffected, but then again it'd be noteworthy to described how they acted after the news reached them.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(04-23-2013, 09:59 PM)Bovel Wrote:
(04-23-2013, 09:50 PM)Rensin Wrote: Sorry, but when I recount all the major of factors of my own life, 9/11 doesn't even occur to me.

Yet I think you remember where you were and what you were doing when you first heard or saw about it? It's not the most perfect analogy because the Shattering directly affected everyone on Azeroth since the earthquakes were everywhere, plus some elemental disturbances and other natural disasters. Only those in Outland would be unaffected, but then again it'd be noteworthy to described how they acted after the news reached them.

Actually---I don't remember. Haha. I was a teenager when it happened, and while it was a tragedy, yes, it's not something I'd include in a synopsis of myself or who I am. Same would go for some characters of mine--or in the case of the shattering---

It would become redundant. Much like the happenings of the Sunwell with the elves, I don't find it entirely necessary -unless- is somehow directly relates to my character in some way. Considering the fact too that this isn't supposed to be a huge restart, I could see it becoming a problem if everyone has to re-submit every approved profile they already have just to add a paragraph or two worth of editing just because we've gone to a new expansion. Time would be better spend on the forum helpers going about and checking character profiles that -are- effected by this, and that directly relate to the changes happening in Cata.

Again, if I were to write a story about myself, it'd be about my birth, my childhood, my schooling, marriage and my children. If someone said "Well, in your biography you need 9/11! WHERE WERE YOU?" I'd probably have a meaningless sentence about how I was at school.

But, I'm honestly wondering what the GM's standpoint is on this---it wasn't ever really elaborated on.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

If there's no lore to update, you don't need to resubmit a profile. Just point us to it and get leveled!
Thanks Rig, that's exactly what I was wondering. THUMBS UP.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I'm not going to resubmit a profile because I say my character just came back to Ironforge after the Sundering though. That's a waste of time both for the staff and for me.

666th post, tremble mortals :D
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sol Sez: Post-Cata Projects! Sol 10 2,225 04-25-2013, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Sol
  Re-done Race Relation Guide, Preparing for Cata Harmonic 25 4,305 02-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  The Kaz'kah and Cata Ormica 1 897 12-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Bitlordman
  Characters I want made: (Before Cata) Brutalskars 34 6,100 05-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  For those that have WoW-Cata 4.0.6a... Kretol 5 1,384 03-04-2012, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Kira13