The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Cataclysm Profiles
We need an official verdict about the timeline!
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
I figured we were moving ahead to year to 30 but an update could help.

Fortunately Cataclysm is the end of the timeline so if you didn't make precise references to what goes on year by year, then you can vaguely reference the Cata events last in the profile and it should be passable.
(04-20-2013, 07:38 AM)Wuvvums Wrote: I figured we were moving ahead to year to 30 but an update could help.

I can't be arsed to browse much to quote from Skype but I was told it'll be year 31. Instead of just guessing and throwing years around I'd like to see an official verdict on the actual date offered in lore via Tyrus Blackhorn. (Ten years since the fall of Archimonde.)
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
I'm not sure why we'd progress to year 31 and skip year 30 altogether. Since year 30 is the start of Cataclysm, I just presumed that's where we'd be now.

There'd be some time-benderness regarding the actual period between the end of our Wrath to the beginning of Cataclysm since we were in a temporal limbo for so long, but I'd presume a year or less is passing in the interim. But we're starting in year 30, which should be the important thing for profiles.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
There's a three year gap between LK and Cata anyway: just set your RP events back a year if you must. Or be vague! Vague is good.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Vague is where it's at.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Vagueness is good, but I can't specify how good it is.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
I can't even specify whether vagueness is or isn't things.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
So wait, does this mean that Goblins and Worgen are open now? Or are they still unavailable?
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Goblin and Worgen profiles are able to be submitted, yes, as well as the new classes for the old races. You won't be able to actually play the characters until the Cata server is officially released, but you can get the profiling done now ahead of time.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
(04-20-2013, 12:31 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: Goblin and Worgen profiles are able to be submitted, yes, as well as the new classes for the old races. You won't be able to actually play the characters until the Cata server is officially released, but you can get the profiling done now ahead of time.

Gotchya.

Second question! Is there a way to download to the proper Cata version that doesn't involve torrents? I'm at school and while this isn't piracy to my knowledge, I'd still like to avoid BitTorrent completely just to be safe.

Would the old method of "stop the launcher between versions X and Y" method work, or does Pandaria install directly?
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Pandaria installs directly. I'm also in the same boat as Hex here, I need a way to download without torrenting.
I'm uploading files to my Dropbox which are a split archive of the Cata folder, but it is comprised of 21 files (with each one being 700MB). You'll need 7-zip to decompress them, and I'll post links once they're uploaded fully (anticipating about 15 hours).
I used this to upgrade, by the way. Worked flawlessly for me.
Can you elaborate on what that archive is/does/contains?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Commenting in Character Profiles Loxmardin 61 17,208 01-21-2014, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  CotH-Cataclysm: Official Kretol 9 2,715 05-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Concerning Cataclysm Grakor456 123 21,855 04-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Changes to Special Profiles Loxmardin 14 4,559 10-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Caravan
  Incomplete and Bad Character Profiles Grakor456 7 2,211 01-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Miah