The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Celia's Shadeweaver Trials
I am Celia, Shadeweaver Aspirant.

Shadeweaver is the title of my master, the one who plucked me out of the gutter and taught me how to move like a shadow and strike with the speed of a viper. But I am no more than an Aspirant, one who seeks the true power of a Shadeweaver. To be shown this power, an Aspirant must complete One Hundred Trials.

The Hundred Trials are to be faced alone, which can easily lead to the death of an Aspirant. After being trained in the basics of combat, a Shadeweaver is sent out into the world to seek out their Trials. These challenges are to be chosen by the Aspirant, but must offer some sort of experience or wisdom to the Aspirant. After completing the Hundred Trials, the Shadeweaver Aspirant must return to his or her mentor and explain the encounters of each challenge they have faced. If the Aspirant's mentor accepts the Hundred Trials, they will challenge the Aspirant to one final fight. Should the Aspirant succeed in the fight, they will then be accepted as a Shadeweaver.

Trial One - Failed
Opponent: Tyrin
The Trial of Beginning

For my first trial, I fought Tyrin, a fellow Aspirant. He and I had spent time training together before but nothing like this. We fought almost equally, exchanging sword strikes and unarmed blows until he decided he would bite me. He probably bit deep enough to transfer his Worgen curse to me. Let's just hope he wasn't trying to give it to me or I may wind up with a nasty surprise one day soon. This trial, while I failed it, is a good learning experience. Get some shoulder protection.

Trial Two - Success
Opponent: Laineth
The Trial of Speed

Today, I fought against a Night Elf named Laineth Moonwhisper. She was a sentinel and fought with a spear. I thought her advantage of reach would be my downfall but I managed to keep the fighting in close where she couldn't hit me with the pointy end. I ended up winning by yield because I punched her in the kidney and she said she didn't want to get injured for her mate's sake. It taught me that longer reach doesn't always give you an advantage.

Trial Three - Success
Opponent: Alinorra
The Trial of Armor

I wound up fighting a Blood Elf chick called Alinorra who said she was a gladiator. She used a two-hander sword and wore chainmail armor. She was, to be honest, pretty clumsy. I scored a few slashes on her chest and she nicked me once or twice but the fight ended when I slashed her top off and left her bare-chested in front of a crowd. She seemed embarrassed and yielded. I learnt that having a bigger sword or heaver armor doesn't make you a better fighter. But it raises the question, why was she embarrassed to have her chest exposed?
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tyrin's Shadeweaver Trials Kage 0 578 11-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Kage
  Zazz's Shadeweaver Trials Valicor 1 673 11-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Valicor
  Kaanai's Shadeweaver Trials Morhana 2 1,146 11-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Morhana