The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Changes to Heroes and Grunts
Finding how much a peon logged in during the first two months should be easy but how will the GMs ascertain whether he/she did some quality rp in those 2 months.
I think reducing the time to 1 month as well as retaining the 3 vouche requirement from grunts would be good (these vouches wouldonly be given after the peon completes the first month)
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
Bertrand Russell
When should we expect the system to change oficially?
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
Grakor456 Wrote:
TheImpossibleDream Wrote:Well then... If the tokens are 350g, don't let non-grunts get it by capping gold at 300g?
Or just make the requirement to get the tokens being a grunt.
Or have a maximum number of tokens you can use if you're a non-grunt for a single account. Account binding? I'm not sure. I'd have to know more about your database to tell you specific ways on how you'd do that. But something along that lines I think would be nice... Or making everything from other vendors that don't sell silver tokens like 1copper... Or something.

Nothing you're suggesting is really feasible.

There's no way to cap a character's gold max, especially not in a way as arbitrary as if someone's a grunt on the forums or not. Same with the way token sales are handled. I also don't want to "break" the game just for this (and I have seen people take item cost into account in their RP, so non-token item costs see some use.)

Kretol has a better idea of what may be possible, but right now it's a lot of talking about something that may or may not be an issue at all.

Okay, I honestly don't like the idea of starting out with gold (honestly, if someone wants it, go kill a thousand or so monsters) But I do see a good idea here.

Couldn't it be possible that the Tokens require you to have a special item or something like that in your inventory, or maybe a fake reputation, and if your account is gruntified, the Content GMs could put the object in your inventory, or maybe boost your rep with the fake rep faction?
davemwow Wrote:When should we expect the system to change oficially?

When Kretol stops being lazy and implements the questionnaire into the site.

I keep pestering him to do it, he keeps ignoring me!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I don't really understand why people are even trying to change the way tokens are handled.. I see absolutely no issues with it whatsoever. You make a profile, you get approved, you get leveled. Bam. You get 10 tokens. You farm a disgusting amount of time and get 350 gold. Bam. You can afford a token. Personally, I believe people focus too much on getting that level 80 and getting their tokens to get epic gearz. IMO, you shouldn't -need- 80 or gear to RP effectively. Half the time I want level 80 is just because I'm crazy and like seeing all the abilties of a class. And if you -need- your character approved to RP.. perhaps there's an issue with how you've made your character? <Shrug>

And if I've said anything like this in the thread already, forgive me.. Bad memory.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
shane Wrote:Finding how much a peon logged in during the first two months should be easy but how will the GMs ascertain whether he/she did some quality rp in those 2 months.
I think reducing the time to 1 month as well as retaining the 3 vouche requirement from grunts would be good (these vouches wouldonly be given after the peon completes the first month)
The vouching system was completely horrible though. A. Some people would farm 80's just to get vouches. And B. A lot of good RP'ers wouldn't ask 80's for vouches, but people just wouldn't vouch for them causing them to have to wait months before they could be 80 even though their profile was approved.
"The Snake, The Rat, The Cat, The Dog...how you gonna see em' when you livin' in the fog?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Congrats to Our Heroes! Qaza 1 1,127 11-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Last Post: IronTrooper
  More Answers! And Info on Heroes, Too! Qaza 14 2,195 11-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Touchseed