The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Character Ganking
I'm going to let ya'll know this. We are not PvP. If you think killing people is funny, in an RP setting. It's not. I'm going to assume your all reading this.

If you keep killing people, and abusing FFA, I will come to your location, kill you while I'm invis, and camp you. I will put you on ignore, so I can't hear you whine.

Why? Because this is annoying. And stupid. Get the hell off the server if your a PvP monkey, we don't want you.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

What if you Roleplay an assassin?
Ace: A small good hearted bag of energy who is quite a potion doc.
Harold: Like most Undead, dirty, sarcastic, full of insults and hunted by paladins.
If you're roleplaying an assasin, not gank. It's enough killing once
Quote:What if you Roleplay an assassin?

What if? There's more to RPing an assassin than being some crazed murderer killing people left and right. Assassins are usually in it for the money, so one would assume before he or she goes hunting someone down to slit their throat they would be under some form of contract (from another player). Also the attacks I've seen have occurred in the middle of Goldshire, with blatant disregard of the NPC guards.. and also, what kind of a dumbass assassin goes after his target in broad daylight in the middle of a crowded town? (as an example)

Also you should keep in mind that most people prefer to fight through emotes and dicerolls, so attacking someone in the "regular" way before making sure it's okay is another no-no in my book.
I would just -LOVE- to join you in the camping of said gankers, Rensin.

And what he means Vincent, is simple and pointless ganking with no RP, nor IC reason or consent of the players there ganking. I know there may be people that would prefer to just fight a fight instead of getting into a long text battle. But when its thats done, its done IC, with IC reason, and the two players have discussed how to deal with the fight and agreed to just dueling/fighting it out. What Rensin is going to camp you for is just running into a bar and going gung ho on whoever you see. Even if for some sort of reason your character DID have a reason to run in and attack people, there should be some RP done and talk with the characters before hand (And being aware of how NPC's around you will affect the situation).

Now, if there's something i'v misinterpreted, or was just wrong about, correct me. But ganking is for the PvP servers over thar. *Directs to PvP live/private server*
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
Here is the deal. This is -not- PvP. This is roleplay. I have no problem with you roleplaying an assasin. If you go out killing everyone, your NOT roleplaying. Your just being an asshat in that scenenario. I will, and I say it again, -go invis and kill you and CAMP YOU-.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Bishnak Wrote:Also you should keep in mind that most people prefer to fight through emotes and dicerolls, so attacking someone in the "regular" way before making sure it's okay is another no-no in my book.

To clear something up, you do not need permission to begin a PvP conflict. I myself detest emoted out fighting because of all the drama it causes and the headaches it inflicts when people don't stop to think about what they're really doing. If you're going to kill someone ICly, the regular way is absolutely fine, it's IC, and the other half does not have to consent to it.

HOWEVER, you must RP up to the point of the violence. If you're just walking up to someone and attacking them without any build-up, you're doing it wrong. Also, it's common courtesy to ensure that if the other player does not want his/her character to die, that something else is arranged after the victor is decided (be it the character fleeing after a sound beating, a capture, whatever.)
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Okay, didn't know that. But I can't say I like it, as class-balance in PvP and geardifference comes into play and risks putting people at extremely unfair disadvantages.
Yeah. I should mention that if I get complaints, I'll go about my conflict solution. If it's IC, and both of you agree to it, I'd react to the encounter IC. However, remember that killing someone in broad daylight while your surrounded by guards has consequences.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Bishnak Wrote:Okay, didn't know that. But I can't say I like it, as class-balance in PvP and geardifference comes into play and risks putting people at extremely unfair disadvantages.

I consider those issues to be more tolerable than the e-peen waving and long arguments that tends to occur in 99% of emoted out fights. You may not. Opinions vary.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Indeed they do.
Umm... Technically, you can't be an Assassin right? Isn't that a Prestige class?
Correct. Assasin is a prestige class. I think the actual wording of the question would have worked out better as "What if your character is supposed to kill people?"

The answers, however, are the same.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I have to admit. I've been tempted to fight and kill low levels due to the free for all. I haven't killed anyone yet and I won't, but I'm just saying.

Also, reviving thread so newer people cna see this as well.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
Monolith Wrote:I have to admit. I've been tempted to fight and kill low levels due to the free for all.

I'm... pretty disappointed, really. If you're on this server, you should be of the level of maturity that it isn't a knee-jerk reaction to want to kill flagged lowbies.

Thank you for ignoring it, at least.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  IC OOC L (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location) Judgernaut 15 3,460 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Judgernaut