The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Character model changes? (2.4)
So, apparently there were character model changes in patch 2.4. I've been trying to compare most races, but can't really see any differences even with the comparing screenshots located in the following thread:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread...1&pageNo=1
If you scroll down a bit, you'll be able to see the screenshots of 'after' and 'before.'
I don't see it.. Tried looking at my different characters.. Just don't see a difference.
Jivundus: Unbound Fury
Gwendolyna: Priestess of the Light
Clauda: Master Smith and Smiter of Kneecaps
Unless I get out some heavy-duty measurement equipment, I don't think I'll notice a difference, and I'm fairly sensitive to proportions.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
It makes me wonder how someone can not only "notice" all this, but also create an anger-filled thread about it. I mean, seriously, I can't see the difference.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
The only thing that stands out to me? The Night Elf male legs. They needed fixing bad, and they got it. I do notice the female human head's changes, though not by much.
˜★Sketch Blog
I can see the differences. They're amazingly, incredibly, ungodly subtle, but they're there. Don't know why they'd even make such small changes, really.
Hammerfall: Paladin of the Light, head of the Hammer of Justice
Ragnarr: The Stormcaller, Elemental Shaman
DECEASED: Moriela: Evil Shadow Priestess
I'm pretty sure the models were NOT changed for looks. Blizzard said they were altered for "performance" reasons, and while I cannot guess exactly what they mean there, I imagine that any visual differences are just an unintended side-effect to that.
Perhaps for clipping problems, or cutting down what it takes to render them?
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Qaza Wrote:Perhaps for clipping problems, or cutting down what it takes to render them?

That seems most logical. I don't like guessing the logic behind Blizzard's decisions, though. They have been known to do a number of illogical things for completely illogical reasons.
Such as bringing out Kil'jaedin at the Sunwell? Seriously. I would have put him in the Tomb of Sargeras trying to bring back Sargeras' coporeal form.
Hammerfall: Paladin of the Light, head of the Hammer of Justice
Ragnarr: The Stormcaller, Elemental Shaman
DECEASED: Moriela: Evil Shadow Priestess
Actually, there are subtle differences between each of the models. Granted... Having the post and pre changes with clothes and no clothes makes it extremely difficult to spot them. She also words things a bit confusingly... The troll male shoulders stick out more, meaning that they are more RAISED in comparison to the slumping old shoulders. Stuff like that.

They're there, though, just absurdly subtle. But when you start to see the differences, you can appreciate SOME of them... More bones on the undead... ugh.
"My companions' feelings have been etched onto my body.
I'll change this eternal darkness to light!
Heaven and Earth...
One body, one soul!

Chouginga, Gurren-Lagann!

I'll show you...
The power of mankind!"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Worgen Female Model Swap c0rzilla 17 19,110 11-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae
  IC OOC L (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location) Judgernaut 15 3,460 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Judgernaut
  Ghost RP without Custom-model ? Kira13 6 1,259 08-02-2011, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Kira13