05-19-2018 03:58 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 133
Introduction Memphis
Last Post: Aethon
05-14-2018 08:43 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 3093
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Maulbane
04-10-2018 02:09 AM
» Replies: 2493
» Views: 98078
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Aphetoros
02-04-2018 11:03 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 80751

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 23 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 22 Guest(s)
Kretol

[-]
Google AdStuff

Civil Center Shooting
I don't know if anyone heard this. It happened in Binghamton NY, about a mile from where I live. All over the news.
He had about 41 hostages and killed 13 people, and after all of, he killed himself in fear of being prosecuted.

Anyone heard about this by chance?
Future United States Marine.
Semper Fidelis
PM
No? What happened?
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
PM
Around an hour away from me, too. Apparently it's contained, but that's all I know.
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
PM
Hawk Wrote:No? What happened?

I edited it, re-read it.
Semper Fidelis
PM
Woah, that's crazy...

I rarely watch the news though.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
PM
Yeah, shooting in Syracuse University, right? Thats pretty close to one of the zones I was thinking about going to college in. Plus, my sister goes to college up there too. It's terrible, but I did hear about it. I heard on the news it was at some immigration-support group or something like that. Not entirely sure.
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
PM
Touchseed Wrote:Yeah, shooting in Syracuse University, right? Thats pretty close to one of the zones I was thinking about going to college in. Plus, my sister goes to college up there too. It's terrible, but I did hear about it. I heard on the news it was at some immigration-support group or something like that. Not entirely sure.

No, in Binghamton. It was in the Immigration Office across the street from the Binghamton High School.
Semper Fidelis
PM
Ah, I knew it was a school, but someone said it was Syracuse.. Oh well. Thanks for the clarification. (You live closer, so you would know, heh.)
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
PM
Always a good idea to search for information on these things that comes as directly from the source as possible, or else you end up with a lot of confusion. I would suggest looking up the websites for newspapers, news broadcasts, or news radio shows that are local to the area of the incident, and read more than one report.

That said, my heart goes out to the hostages and victims. That situation should never happen to anyone.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
Qaza Wrote:Always a good idea to search for information on these things that comes as directly from the source as possible, or else you end up with a lot of confusion. I would suggest looking up the websites for newspapers, news broadcasts, or news radio shows that are local to the area of the incident, and read more than one report.

That said, my heart goes out to the hostages and victims. That situation should never happen to anyone.

Yeah, for all of us.

@Qaza: Is already over, btw.
@Touchseed: It wasn't at a school, it was a Immigration Office ACROSS the street from the high school, not AT the high school.
Semper Fidelis
PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/hostage_shooting

For those seeking more information.
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So Mass Effect got blamed for the most recent school shooting. Roxas65 7 318 12-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Xigo
  Explosion rocks city center of Oslo, Norway, followed by shooting at youth camp. Anski 38 909 08-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Kira13
  Welcome to the Enrichment Center. Roxas65 2 157 05-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Arrillion